When is Mi6 launch?

jeff79

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I ask how does xiaomi support Mi 6 with regards to updates? If they launch MIUI 12 2 years later, will xiaomi push out update for mi 6 2 years later?

Xiaomi posted a notice regard update to android P. Phones that had received one major android version update will not get android P. Mi 6 already had 1 major update, 7.11 to 8.0. :(

Can flash to developer rom. However starting from miui 9, more phones had been dropped. mi 3 and mi 4 last gobal developer rom was mar 18.

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I check Mi Store Causeway Point on Sun,it was out of stock and they restock On Wednesday.. but I got mine at Suntec though on Sunday when there were 6 left

the 6 were sold tht day cause i asked on monday and it's oos

carboy00

Reaction score
Xiaomi posted a notice regard update to android P. Phones that had received one major android version update will not get android P. Mi 6 already had 1 major update, 7.11 to 8.0. :(

Can flash to developer rom. However starting from miui 9, more phones had been dropped. mi 3 and mi 4 last gobal developer rom was mar 18.

May I ask where did you see this notice? Able to provide a link to it? TIA!

Sent from Xiaomi Redmi 5 using GAGT

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Did they say when they restocking?

Jin jialat, if screen size small and stuck at Oreo, then I need to think really carefully whether to buy as I don't play games

:s11: does upgrade of OS really make a difference? I still have mi4i, the more i upgrade the os, the slower it gets

jeff79

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask where did you see this notice? Able to provide a link to it? TIA!

Sent from Xiaomi Redmi 5 using GAGT

Saw it in gsmarena, the original source is posted by miui forum admin. Read the notice again seem confusing. There is also mention of phones that will not get android p are those that had received at least 2 android versions update. Maybe there is hope of mi 6 getting android p next year 1st quarter.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_upd...droid_pie_and_oreo_for_q4_2018-news-33912.php

http://www.miui.com/thread-19098473-1-1.html

jeff79

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
143844q3ti95e26n9r2sn9.jpg

Someone posted a more detailed update schedule. Mi 6 is under evaluation for android p, scheduled for closed testing next year q1.

LEG_86

Reaction score
Sorry guys , i am noob on phone , just want to ask , is this phone really worth to get one, cause its an 2017 phone ? if this phone vs red mi note 5?

THanks in advance

jeff79

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys , i am noob on phone , just want to ask , is this phone really worth to get one, cause its an 2017 phone ? if this phone vs red mi note 5?

THanks in advance

redmi note 5 with dual pixel camera variant has better autofocus and low light photo? SD 636 cpu is more efficient for longer battery usage time.

jeff79

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A xiaomi engineer had confirmed that he will start work on android pie for mi 6 after feedback from users. Before that he posted that mi 6 will not get android pie as miui 10 had added most of the features.

Also planned to implement gpu driver version update, add game turbo, hidden full screen navigation gesture in developer rom.

But not sure is for china rom only or also for global rom. :(

https://www.weibo.com/1450359667/HhAhwgU1V?type=comment

roidred

Reaction score
Manage to fix your problem. Touch is not at all working in my case. 2yrs old export set. Anyone knows some good repair shop. Is there any chance to buy orginal display module.

Hi Experts,

I have a Mi6 which has intermittent touch issues. As it sometimes works perfectly fine and sometimes just does not respond, I was wondering if it could be a cable/ribbon issue, before deciding to change the entire touch assembly if no other option.

It is an export model so no chance of Xiaomi service. The other service guys just offer to change entire touchscreen, obviously the more profitable option for them.

I was wondering if there is any DIY expert here who would be willing to help me by opening up and checking it out/diagnose before I have to invest 100+ dollars?

Thank you :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.