www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Xiaomi User Group (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/xiaomi-user-group-391/)
-   -   Xiaomi leave Android One program (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/xiaomi-user-group-391/xiaomi-leave-android-one-program-6350652.html)

leowweiqi 05-08-2020 01:55 PM

Xiaomi leave Android One program
 
Thoughts and comments?

aucheukyan 05-08-2020 04:35 PM

means they already know A series will cannibalise MIUI equipped phone sales.

Sent from null using GAGT

leowweiqi 05-08-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aucheukyan (Post 128919671)
means they already know A series will cannibalise MIUI equipped phone sales.

Sent from null using GAGT

No more mi a4. Expected their global marketing in charge all china ppl. Previously Hugo Barra then Donovan sung. Now cui

carboy00 05-08-2020 09:27 PM

Well to be very honest, their Android One software update situation is a disaster anyway, have a Mi A2 and there a few builds that really screwed something up real badly. When everyone thought they would improve with the Mi A3, it became worse like pushing out Android 10 with fingerprint sensor not working and pushing Mexico update to global units, things which are unthinkable happened with their updates.

wesdork 05-08-2020 11:03 PM

If want full Google Android experience just pray hard that the A series of Google will remain affordable like the 4A. That's the best bet liao.

xonix 06-08-2020 12:35 AM

Good riddance. Most Android One OEMs aren't doing a good job anyway.

garychengjw 06-08-2020 08:17 AM

It will not be missed. Delay updates and buggy os.

OutBreak 06-08-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garychengjw (Post 128931052)
It will not be missed. Delay updates and buggy os.

If its so good then nobody will buy the overpriced pixel. :D

carboy00 06-08-2020 01:45 PM

Seems to be fake news. The post by the Mi Community moderator has been removed.

Posted from PCWX using Redmi Note 8 Pro Ocean Blue

jtdcjtdc 17-10-2020 06:12 PM

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_will...news-44589.php

Xiaomi has officially confirmed that it will no longer release handsets running Android One, which in turn means that there won't be Mi A4. There's no specific reason for the discontinuation of the lineup but our educated guess would be the issues Xiaomi was facing with the software when providing updates to these phones. They were often late even though the Android One program is all about swift updates and longer support.

amazingone 17-10-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtdcjtdc (Post 130316363)
https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_will...news-44589.php

Xiaomi has officially confirmed that it will no longer release handsets running Android One, which in turn means that there won't be Mi A4. There's no specific reason for the discontinuation of the lineup but our educated guess would be the issues Xiaomi was facing with the software when providing updates to these phones. They were often late even though the Android One program is all about swift updates and longer support.

I guess it may not be a surprise, as they aren't able to profit from Mi A series that doesn't come with their MIUI skin.


Posted from PCWX using HUAWEI ALP


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.