Xiaomi Mi 4i

Mr. Bushido

Reaction score
Not just the storage capacity (which to be honest, is pathetic. 16gb minus MIUI will give you slightly more than 10gb to play with, if you're lucky).

Snapdragon 615? Sure, flagship if the 808 or the hated 810 doesn't exist.
1080p screen? Eh, Nexus 5 over a year old had that screen.
Camera and battery is similar to Oneplus' and we know how much that one is.

There's simply nothing in it that's "flagship" at this point in time. Don't buy into the hype.

I'm alright with the 1080p screen. Don't forget that the One M9 also has a 1080p screen. Most importantly, the screen must have good calibration and good color reproduction. iPhone 6+ also has just 1080p screen but I find that the color accuracy and calibration is very well done.

Coming back to the topic at hand, yes you are right, there is no way in hell Mi4i is a flagship grade phone. Midrange at best. Xiaomi just decided to give it's markets outside China a sub par product. But I understand Mi4 is sold in India and both 16gb and 64gb options. So at least they can choose to get Mi4 64gb.

I have given up on Xiaomi. When they bring the Mi Note here, they will probably also only bring the 16gb variant. Look at the MiPad, Mi3. Even though there are 64gb options for these 2 phones, Xiaomi only brought the 16gb model here. And also, they often do not give us color options that their other markets like China gets. E.g. MiPad only in white, Mi4i only in white.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm alright with the 1080p screen. Don't forget that the One M9 also has a 1080p screen. Most importantly, the screen must have good calibration and good color reproduction. iPhone 6+ also has just 1080p screen but I find that the color accuracy and calibration is very well done.

Coming back to the topic at hand, yes you are right, there is no way in hell Mi4i is a flagship grade phone. Midrange at best. Xiaomi just decided to give it's markets outside China a sub par product. But I understand Mi4 is sold in India and both 16gb and 64gb options. So at least they can choose to get Mi4 64gb.

I have given up on Xiaomi. When they bring the Mi Note here, they will probably also only bring the 16gb variant. Look at the MiPad, Mi3. Even though there are 64gb options for these 2 phones, Xiaomi only brought the 16gb model here. And also, they often do not give us color options that their other markets like China gets. E.g. MiPad only in white, Mi4i only in white.

Ya lor... even to bring in other colour variants of the phone oso so difficult?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really the only factor hindering purchase decision on this is that 16GB.. sca-ly buy already next month release a 32GB one.

Sent from LGE LGL24 using GAGT

No sure why Xiaomi always has wrong type of combination. They do phone with 1G RAM 4/8G storage. Many complain. Finally they do it with 2G ram plus 16G storage, but remove support to SD card. They need to go back to drawing board.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No sure why Xiaomi always has wrong type of combination. They do phone with 1G RAM 4/8G storage. Many complain. Finally they do it with 2G ram plus 16G storage, but remove support to SD card. They need to go back to drawing board.
its abt time...early days, ppl are price drive..(low spec makes cheap fon). This day, ppl wanted a nice looking fon(metal n thin)...the no sd no big issue (apps cannot move to sd)...and if meadia, i prefer otg dual drive

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys.

The mi3 specs beat mi4i,right?
The mi3 is a sd800..2.3 x 4
Mi4i is sd615 1.7x4 + 1.1x 4

In oure maths, mi4i is better.
Its a 64bit procesaor...so if 2015 apps start using it, mi4i is safer.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its abt time...early days, ppl are price drive..(low spec makes cheap fon). This day, ppl wanted a nice looking fon(metal n thin)...the no sd no big issue (apps cannot move to sd)...and if meadia, i prefer otg dual drive

+1 , agree to this point fully, since MIUI restricts apps to be moved to SD card storage and getting those OTG drives that can also act as a normal USB thumbdrive is also convenient if you were to transfer files frequently. :)

knightshaz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
wondering if this is the reason why the mi 4i camera is labelled "13MP Sony/Samsung camera"

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/05/02/sony-reporting-huge-shortage-of-imx214-camera-units/

note: I don't see any official announcement on sony's weibo, as mentioned by the article

Probably they cannot guarantee single sensor availability so they put it that way as and when they need parts they will get it from these 2 OEM.

Even the battery also similar case
Sony/Samsung/ATL 4.4V lithium-ion polymer battery

http://www.mi.com/in/mi4i/specs/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.