Xiaomi Mi 8 - Celebrating Xiaomi's 8th anniversary!

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
No, panel resolution is different. Camera also not as good. But SD845 processor on Xiaomi win.

SD845 is a winner. the exynos seems to be have batt draining issue.
i feel batt life is quite impt. no point have the best specs, but only last 3-4 hrs

If u really want wireless charging, go for the Mix 2S. Otherwise choose the Mi 8 since its using amoled instead of LCD(personal preference). And see if you like the notch or not.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

wireless charging is good. i have alot of wireless chargers, at home and office. haha.. its a underrated convenience.

Price will be higher in Singapore...

is there any difference in the set sold in msia and sgp?

Ultimo_Urien

Banned
Reaction score
Thinking if it is a good trade off to get SE and ditch note 5 for daily basic usage cos SE seems bery chio....

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Msia on 18th Aug sell the mi8 6/128gb at rm1899 with a Amazfit BIP freebie. Ksl mall N paradigm mall also have this promo. Sibei gianz to get

manaeater

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinking if it is a good trade off to get SE and ditch note 5 for daily basic usage cos SE seems bery chio....

i'm ditching my samsung note 5 for the Mi8 too.

not sure about you, but my note5(32gb) is almost unusable when my storage is running out...it will auto prompt me to delete stuffs to clear some space, but knn by that time the phone is already so laggy, want to delete pics/vids/apps takes a freaking looooong time....

i think this will be a reasonable upgrade?

manaeater

Master Member
Reaction score
anyway, thank you very much to bros here for the advice with regards to buying a mi8 within china and the installation of google playstore. will be getting the mi8 for sure :)

color wise, i think blue quite chio and special, what color you guys carrying ?

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
anyway, thank you very much to bros here for the advice with regards to buying a mi8 within china and the installation of google playstore. will be getting the mi8 for sure :)

color wise, i think blue quite chio and special, what color you guys carrying ?

For me, the blue or gold are the nicer colours.

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confirm can get? Later go all the way there and no stock... The free giveaway is probably limited numbers only... Without that it isn't that attractive deal...
Xiaomi store opens at 10am
if reach early and que should be able to get the freebie

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Xiaomi store opens at 10am
if reach early and que should be able to get the freebie

Haha, not sure malaysian will also like sg, very early go queue. That time the Huawei Nova 3i launched at waterway point, the queue damn long, just for the g-shock. In the end lots of people didn't get the g-shock and the purple one went out of stock very fast. Lucky I didn't go queue.

Horace Bin

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha, not sure malaysian will also like sg, very early go queue. That time the Huawei Nova 3i launched at waterway point, the queue damn long, just for the g-shock. In the end lots of people didn't get the g-shock and the purple one went out of stock very fast. Lucky I didn't go queue.

Think there noone will queue for xiaomi unless some crazy offer like $100 ringgit limit 100 sets.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Think there noone will queue for xiaomi unless some crazy offer like $100 ringgit limit 100 sets.

You will never know. We have here in Singapore people willing to go over just to buy, so to some extend the deal is attractive.

sipehose7956

Reaction score
Mi 8 in Singapore Telco?

Hi, i know 1 of Xiaomi (EIN) Official distributor selling Mi8, but NOT for ECS distributor.
Anyone know probably when i can purchase Mi8 in Singapore Telco (M1)?
Thanks

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received my Mi 8 from Boom. Came with official global rom and unlocked bootloader. Saved me the trouble of doing it myself.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 8 using GAGT

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received my Mi 8 from Boom. Came with official global rom and unlocked bootloader. Saved me the trouble of doing it myself.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 8 using GAGT

How do you know it's official global rom? AFAIK, original sealed Xiaomi set comes with locked bootloader, not unlocked bootloader. Yours should be hacked global rom.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.