Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X) - Mi Dual Camera, Picture Perfect!

romylam

Reaction score
Can't Send SMS After 8.1 Update

Hi

Anyone of you experiencing this ? I can't send SMS out after the update to 8.1, I can receive SMS though.

Regards
Romy

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am on M1. Anyone on M1 able to send SMS after the 8.1 upgrade ?
Starhub user here. Can't send out too. Can receive though. Cork up update again

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 Running Oreo 8.1 (June Patch) using GAGT

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Downloaded. Seemed okay. Now can see the Bluetooth device battery level.
Weird that the battery level is not displaying next to the BT icon on the top bar but within the notification shade. Not user friendly at all.

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 Running Oreo 8.1 (July Patch) using GAGT

Last edited:

romylam

Reaction score
Hi

I've kind of resolved this problem. Apparently, the 8.1 upgrade enabled VoLTE, and that is the cause of the SMS failure.

I tried disabling VoLTE and voila, I can send SMS again ! The moment I enabled VoLTE back, SMS no go.

So far, M1 and StarHub subscribers are having this problem, can someone on SingTel confirm the same ?

Regards
Romy

Hi, I am on M1. Anyone on M1 able to send SMS after the 8.1 upgrade ?

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've kind of resolved this problem. Apparently, the 8.1 upgrade enabled VoLTE, and that is the cause of the SMS failure.

I tried disabling VoLTE and voila, I can send SMS again ! The moment I enabled VoLTE back, SMS no go.

So far, M1 and StarHub subscribers are having this problem, can someone on SingTel confirm the same ?

Regards
Romy

Wow. It works! Thank you!

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

Regards
Romy

The HD on top means VOLTE?

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Regards
Romy

You are a genius man! SMS can be sent out after turning off the Enhanced 4G LTE Mode under Network settings.

For those cannot find the setting, type "Enhanced" in the search box under settings.

Maybe Google screwed up with the latest updates for the app.

romylam

Reaction score
Hi

Do you have your VoLTE turned on ? If you see HD next to the 4G symbol on your menu bar then it is turned on. If it is on and you are able to send SMS then the problem lies with M1 and StarHub only.

No SMS problem on Singtel

romylam

Reaction score
Go to Settings - Network & Internet - Mobile Network - Advanced - Enhanced 4G LTE Mode. Just flip the switch to ON. Then you will see HD appeared next to your 4G symbol on the top menu bar.

I am on singtel but i don't have VoLTE. How to enable it?

Marbok_Tan

Banned
Reaction score
Go to Settings - Network & Internet - Mobile Network - Advanced - Enhanced 4G LTE Mode. Just flip the switch to ON. Then you will see HD appeared next to your 4G symbol on the top menu bar.

I checked its already set to ON. But no HD symbol

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
I am using Singtel but I dun see VOLTE. Where do you setting this in the phone? I only have 4g 3g and 2g option. My phone is showing 4g and no problem sending sms.

Hi

Regards
Romy

romylam

Reaction score

I am using Singtel but I dun see VOLTE. Where do you setting this in the phone? I only have 4g 3g and 2g option. My phone is showing 4g and no problem sending sms.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.