HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

Like Tree1727Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #46

Is there any shops that can remove both the front and back cameras of Mi Max, without severely damaging the aesthetics of the phone?

Due to work reasons, I sometimes need to access sensitive areas that prohibit camera phones. The security uncles checking the phones don't know **** about Mindef guidelines so just want to see a phone that has no front and back cameras. It'll be great if any shops out there can modify the Max till it looks like there's no built in cameras.

I was considering the new INO 5 LTE but INO never seem to have a good reputation for their phones.
iosnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #47
Arch-Supremacy Member

Newstar on Qoo10 and shopee or iSky and MiddleSky on Lazada are all referring to the same seller and shop.

There are pure china rom seller with China rom preloaded in their handset for Mi Max.

Yes, it can be flashed to global rom with ease. Don't worry.

You can try to ask them to help flashing to global rom for you if they are willing to even though they have no obligation to do it for buyers. No harm asking, right?
i see, thanks for the info, though would want to try flash the phone my own, but still i will do check with them and ask them to help me 1st. and maybe at a later time i do some research on the steps and try it on my own.

but do u have happen to have any good codes for the their shopee? cos after comparing the pricing seems like shopee discount is much better.
kelvinti likes this.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #48
Arch-Supremacy Member

i see, thanks for the info, though would want to try flash the phone my own, but still i will do check with them and ask them to help me 1st. and maybe at a later time i do some research on the steps and try it on my own.

but do u have happen to have any good codes for the their shopee? cos after comparing the pricing seems like shopee discount is much better.
Good!

I don't see any promo code for shopee though....
Old 08-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #49

Confirmed 3/32 as per its page.

I have no idea about this shop. It should be okay.

Any other folks may be able to advise further.
Thanks "KelMAX".😀
kelvinti likes this.
ablurcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:57 PM   #50
Honorary Member

sorry but may i ask if anyone heard of new star and have bought from them? and is it a china or global rom? if china can flash to global rom?
Minr is from newstar and they will flash with global rom.
But i ownself reflash with global rom again

kelvinti likes this.
dxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:02 PM   #51

Best VALUE phone I have ever had!
Thanks and congrats to bro @kelvinti, without u maybe this thread won't reach part 2
Truly truly the person who has shown his loyalty and
sincerity to help others is kelvinti. I consulted him before
getting the Mi Max as I was not convinced that it is a good
phone.

Not to forget too, the many other brothers/sisters whom
have contributed much to make this forum so interesting
and exciting with their excellent patience in helping those
who have never used a Xiaomi phone before.
kelvinti likes this.
falcom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #52
Arch-Supremacy Member

Active interaction from everyone here have contributed to the unexpected part 2.

Many of us have never used a Xiaomi phone before. Those numerous questions and answers thus the high number of postings have resulted the impossible Part 2 for Mi Max.

Last edited by kelvinti; 08-01-2017 at 09:38 PM..
kelvinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:11 PM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://en.miui.com/thread-462428-1-1.html
kelvinti likes this.

Front car cam:I TB 100 HD SP/Rear car cam:ITB 100 HD/T-Power plus mobile power station/Nikon D800/Sony RX 100 version 3/Garmin Nuvicam with BC 30 backup cam/ Garmin Edge 1000/Cycliq Fly 12/Samsung S9+ 256GB / Mazda3 standard/Starhub 1 Gbps fibre broadband /Brompton SR6/Merida Scultura 500/Canondale SL 4/Google Home and mini
MIVEC525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #54
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyway, expecting a new OTA for Mi Max (All variants) this upcoming week as some of us here have received the 8.1.9.0 (Mi Max Prime) via OTA as random users selected by MIUI Team before it is released officially to the mass.

Let's hope the new OTA fixes some of the current bugs (Especially the low volume bug on YouTube via earpiece & Mi Sound Enhancer bug), if not all!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:21 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

Minr is from newstar and they will flash with global rom.
But i ownself reflash with global rom again
Oh ahh!

Newstar does mention that they will "Open the box to install Google Play"... That, we take it as preloading of official Glolbal rom!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:22 PM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

I wonder if we were to have a Mi Max meetup during one weekday's night say after dinner about 9pm-11pm at say Kallang Mac, how many will come?
kelvinti likes this.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #57
Arch-Supremacy Member

I wonder if we were to have a Mi Max meetup during one weekday's night say after dinner about 9pm-11pm at say Kallang Mac, how many will come?
Kallang Mac....So near my place! 5 minutes to 15 minutes depending on the mode of transportation!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #58

Wow....P2 Mi Max thread! Reporting in! Mi Max still MAX!!
kelvinti likes this.
Compact7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:41 PM   #59
Honorary Member

Have fun!!

dxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:44 PM   #60

Is there any shops that can remove both the front and back cameras of Mi Max, without severely damaging the aesthetics of the phone?

Due to work reasons, I sometimes need to access sensitive areas that prohibit camera phones. The security uncles checking the phones don't know **** about Mindef guidelines so just want to see a phone that has no front and back cameras. It'll be great if any shops out there can modify the Max till it looks like there's no built in cameras.

I was considering the new INO 5 LTE but INO never seem to have a good reputation for their phones.
don't they have the security stickers?
cokiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.