Xiaomi mi pad 4

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are no offers now on Qoo10. I checked and the cheapest are:

1) $245.80 (zero options selected) for 3GB/32GB + WIFI (Google Playstore not installed) - Finer
2) $255 (zero options selected) for 3GB / 32 GB + WIFI (Google Playstore installed) - Newstar
3) $323.80 (zero options selected) for 4GB / 64GB + WIFI (Google Playstore not installed) - Finer
4) $335 (zero options selected) for 4GB / 64 GB + WIFI (Google Playstore installed) - Newstar

No further discounts possible cos these are special offers, so you can't apply cart coupons...

The price of $23X was earlier when these shops were giving discounts.

LTE version not available also...

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
For a $2xx tablet we have to accept some of the lacking. I received my Mipad 4 last week. Go to the forum at Miui.com and download the google installer file. Install it and PlayStore is available. Only thing we need to do is to go to setting and permission and enabled the permission for the various google app.

Happily using the tablet now. I play simple game like Shadowgun Legends and watch movies. Surf the net. Can achieve all these happy liao. Somemore with external storage.....no horse run lah.

Spoil? Then throw away lor. So far my Xiaomi devices usually last more than a year. I have many xiaomi devices and all export sets:

- Notebook Air
- A1
- 4X
- Car Air Purifier
- In-Car Camera
- Home Air Purifier
- Bluetooth earphone
- Many many powerbanks
- Many many headsets

:s13:

Hope got Global ROM. I remember not buying the MiPad 1 cos it didn't have removable storage and the higher storage options were quite expensive. Subsequent MiPad 2 & 3 didn't have Global ROM and hence no Playstore by default, which in my experience meant that you couldn't install certain games or apps cos the list of compatible devices weren't in that game profile. But it seems that Xiaomi has worked around this problem since michael_thm doesn't seem to have encountered this issue... but I think Global ROM will be better...

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For a $2xx tablet we have to accept some of the lacking. I received my Mipad 4 last week. Go to the forum at Miui.com and download the google installer file. Install it and PlayStore is available. Only thing we need to do is to go to setting and permission and enabled the permission for the various google app.

Happily using the tablet now. I play simple game like Shadowgun Legends and watch movies. Surf the net. Can achieve all these happy liao. Somemore with external storage.....no horse run lah.

Spoil? Then throw away lor. So far my Xiaomi devices usually last more than a year. I have many xiaomi devices and all export sets:

- Notebook Air
- A1
- 4X
- Car Air Purifier
- In-Car Camera
- Home Air Purifier
- Bluetooth earphone
- Many many powerbanks
- Many many headsets

nv heard of car air purifier.
maybe can show some picture?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://xiaomi-mi.com/news-and-actions/xiaomi-mijia-car-air-purifier-a-new-air-purification-device-that-lives-in-your-car/

have seen this somewhere b4 but not knowing what it is and what it does :p

but ya, now i know XD

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
swiftkey user, typing / swiping ... like hot knives into butter.

i'd prefer having native global rom also. but since i already got the device.
i've been updating the latest dev rom when released. I've also disable all the native chinese app I dun need via titanium backup.
and since i'm using the backup app, i've pointed the backup folder to the removable SDcard and backups are done whenever there is a change in app.
so, when global rom is release, if it ever will, i can just flash it and restore all my apps.

that said, with the help of the google package installer, everything is working fine. sync, apps ... etc

Thanks for the info... sounds good... I don't use back up software though... I suppose you're using a paid version of Titanium Backup?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

- Notebook Air
- A1
- 4X
- Car Air Purifier
- In-Car Camera
- Home Air Purifier
- Bluetooth earphone
- Many many powerbanks
- Many many headsets

Oooo... you're really a Xiaomi fan... thanks for the detail on enabling Google Apps...

Just to check - this Mi Pad 4 got external storage meh? Micro SD card slot? What's the capacity? GSMArena says don't have...

Last edited:

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... sounds good... I don't use back up software though... I suppose you're using a paid version of Titanium Backup?

yes, paid.
and your question regarding the cap on sdcard.
i believe 256gb to be the standard nowadays. cannot confirm cos i'm only using a 32gb card.

jfkoh

Reaction score
This pad come with ad card slot or no?

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This pad come with ad card slot or no?

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT
no it does not, it only comes with SD card slot.

2 post b4 urs already confirmed chopped signed liao.
i also confirmed b4 him,..
u still ask the same thing. -.-"

and @kujuta ... considering the price and processor ratio.. i think no point import ownself lah.. get locally at least u can have a few months of "warranty"

PES1989

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just realised that got 2 Mi Pad 4 thread in HWZ...

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.