Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Helio X20 /Snapdragon 625)

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My redmi note 4X also bloated. :o I actually just replaced the battery a year ago and so fast bloated again. :o Why? :o

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the 1st sign of battery bloating is usually the screen will be popped out?
This happened to my RMN2 and RMN4. Initially I thought is my screen protector warping, so didnt care. Then i realise its weird, took closer look. WAH. Both RMN2 and RMN4 i did try to change, both also without much success. I remember the RMN2 gave out a loud pop sound, so I just stop.
Lessons learn. Don't overcharge, let it drain till as low as possible then start charging. Don't bother to DIY change parts though it may look easy, since Xiaomi phones (excluding Mi series) aren't expensive to buy also.

My current F1 serving me well for 2 years already. Only complain is why I didnt get the 128GB version

EveMuffins

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This happened to my RMN2 and RMN4. Initially I thought is my screen protector warping, so didnt care. Then i realise its weird, took closer look. WAH. Both RMN2 and RMN4 i did try to change, both also without much success. I remember the RMN2 gave out a loud pop sound, so I just stop.
Lessons learn. Don't overcharge, let it drain till as low as possible then start charging. Don't bother to DIY change parts though it may look easy, since Xiaomi phones (excluding Mi series) aren't expensive to buy also.
My current F1 serving me well for 2 years already. Only complain is why I didnt get the 128GB version

my RMN4 coming 4 yrs and I charge everyday..start charging around 30-40% (coz at night usually left this much) and unplug asap once it hit 100%..then day time use it for many hrs so screen is like consistently on.

I see that my screen is still intact and the back cover is still even. but when I press the edges of the screen and back cover together, I can hear some cracking sounds..not sure is it battery bloated. hope it's not.

this is a really good phone..

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the 1st sign of battery bloating is usually the screen will be popped out?
for redmi note 4/x
yes
the phone is simply snapped in without screws (or for 4 without x at most the screw is at the bottom part)
the mid section of the phone will curve out like a stomach

EveMuffins

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tks..checked my RMN4 again..the shape is still flat and middle didn't curve out..hope it stays that way..really love this phone

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.