Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same lah, I bought it from the same listing too. But no more that price already.

Dun talk about listings that are past tense liao lah. :s22:

Got to keep monitoring, sometimes it goes back to $149. I've seen that happened at least twice already.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought a grey colour for my dad. test test. everything same as my black colour phone. but it runs much hotter than my black one. is it colour issue (black release heat better?) or phone issue? i test performance and all same as my black redmi note 4x. :(

edit: eh no. black is suppose to be the most hot colour. as in temperature. right? but my black phone runs much cooler than the new grey phone. yeah.

Last edited:

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought a grey colour for my dad. test test. everything same as my black colour phone. but it runs much hotter than my black one. is it colour issue (black release heat better?) or phone issue? i test performance and all same as my black redmi note 4x. :(

edit: eh no. black is suppose to be the most hot colour. as in temperature. right? but my black phone runs much cooler than the new grey phone. yeah.

black is the "most hot" color is the wrong understanding... the right thing to say is that "black" conducts heat the easiest... meaning to say if you cool it down it should reduce heat faster as well...

so if you put your phone into like pocket or bag where heat builds up then yes a black phone can get hotter easier than a white phone...

but if you put a black phone in a well ventilated or aircon room means it should cool down easier than a white phone...

but then i'm not sure how much difference does phone color actually make to cause a noticeable effect to the phone's performance...

regards,
wacky

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
white reflect the most while black radiate (or cooldown) fastest

but such radiator design only matters in space ....

inside a room or pocket , the difference is too little , maybe not even measurable by common people

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My hp when connect to earpiece..the earpiece no sound.

Must reboot the hp then the earpiece got sound.

This is hp software or hardware problem?

The earpiece is working fine coz I tried on another hp.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Black is a good conductor of heat, so it is normal that the phone's inside heat is absorbed by the outside black casing.

As long as there is no performance issues it should be ok.

I for one is using the gold colour, simply due to that colour being the cheapest only, nothing else. :o

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
white reflect the most while black radiate (or cooldown) fastest

but such radiator design only matters in space ....

inside a room or pocket , the difference is too little , maybe not even measurable by common people

yeah... ideally is... the INSIDE of the case is black... and the outside is white...

but then the material also play very important part in how easily your case conducts heat....

but in the end i doubt the difference is that great unless you like put it under direct sunlight for like several hours -- which isn't exactly a smart thing to do... lol..

regards,
wacky

Meanie

Reaction score

Are they both using Snapdragon for the processor? One might be MediaTek version?

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the cheapest price i can get now for this phone? The 32gb version one
Need to buy 1 more set. Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.