MoCA Ethernet over Coax Adapters

BeeFour6922

Reaction score
For those who don't have idea what MoCa can do, it basically make use of the existing coaxial outlets and add computer network to it. Refer to my simple diagram to have a better understanding on the connectivity.

2rekz2v.jpg

sieow1029

Reaction score
You can't get them online. I got it from their sales rep, who does in huge volume. 关系;)

Hi this product doesn't seem to be easily found locally, and I need like 4x of them to wire up my home. May I request for the Salesperson contact or their distributor in SG?

mynickname

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have existing cat3 twiste coppers, it's a cheaper alternative to coax. 100-tbase. Don't ask me about quality, but I watch 1080 fine from one computer to another.

joteo999

Reaction score
Do I need the splitter?

Hi,

I am helping out my friend with this purchase:
http://www.actiontec.com/339.html in a 2 pc kit.

Since I am only connecting one point to another point and not covering the entire house, will I still need those >1ghz splitters that you're talking about?

ie
Point 1 = Wall socket (coax in) - TV (coax out) + Ethernet to wireless router + modem (supplied by Singtel type).
Point 2 = Wall socket (coax in) - TV (coax out) + Ethernet to PC

I notice that some of you use splitters that go up to 3ghz. Such as:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018BQR84/ref=pe_385040_30332190_pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

But on Amazon's page, I see people pair it with 1675mhz splitters. Such as:
https://www.amazon.com/Holland-Electronics-GHS-2Pro-M-Splitter-5-1675Mhz/dp/B00P6VHLP0/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00P6VHLP0&pd_rd_r=02QZYMD0G1QE25A3ACF2&pd_rd_w=uqSIQ&pd_rd_wg=iyf6I&psc=1&refRID=02QZYMD0G1QE25A3ACF2

May I know why you'd choose 3ghz over 1657mhz? Will I be disadvantaged going with the cheaper option?

Sorry, I'm not technically inclined. These are all just numbers to me.

Also, besides this option:
https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-802-11ac-Wireless-Extender-WCB6200Q02/dp/B01BV1Y3W2/ref=pd_sim_147_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01BV1Y3W2&pd_rd_r=02QZYMD0G1QE25A3ACF2&pd_rd_w=xfecW&pd_rd_wg=iyf6I&psc=1&refRID=02QZYMD0G1QE25A3ACF2
Is there any other way to add wireless to Point 2, keeping in mind Point 1 already has wireless?

Thanks.

PCI_Slot

Reaction score
Can this work if my internet is coming from my cable modem and not fibre?

I don't know much about MOCA, but is keen on testing it out myself, but this is my guess:

Hmm sounds like it could work, but you will be needing a ECB6200 which has a TV/STB out that will allow you to connect that to your telco router. But possibly have an internet connection that is not so great since now you technically have 2 separate devices sharing one COAX cable.

ECB6200.png

If you dont plan to upgrade to fiber in the future, why dont you ask your telco to install another point on your desired room since you are getting internet from cable. But i believe you will need to pay additional per month for that extra modem.

Sorry ignore what i said. It doesnt add up lol. Anyways, it's possible, but I dont think I really know much to advice you.

Last edited:

joteo999

Reaction score
Can this work if my internet is coming from my cable modem and not fibre?

Yes. It's connected to the router.

From the wall, use a 2-way splitter for the coax point.

Use one splitter point into the cable modem.
Cable modem Ethernet goes to the Router WAN port.
Router LAN port goes to Moca Adapter Ethernet port.
Moca Adapter coax goes back into the wall coax splitter.

If the Moca Adapter has a built in splitter, that can go into the TV. (the new bonded one does)

OR, you can have a 3-way splitter going into modem, TV and from the Moca Adapter

Fightbackatlast

Reaction score
What went wrong?

Hi all, I had just purchased a pair of actiontec ecb6000 moca 2.0 adapters and I am facing a similar issue from what I had read in an earlier post of tv pic breaking up due to interference. Below is my setup and I need some advice of what went wrong.

Main tv output (living room)-->5-1625 mhz 2-way splitter-->(one splitter point connect to

moca adapter)+(the other splitter point connect to scv box with RG59 cable)--

-->moca adapter ethernet point connect to router

The second moca adapter I am using in my bedroom and I just connect it at the bedroom tv output without splitter and link it to my android box.

I am getting excellent speed of above 350 mbps on my android box from the speed test but the living room tv pic keep breaking up due to signal interference. When I disconnect the moca adapter from the splitter the tv pic back to normal again. What went wrong with the setup any advice?

I understand from my friend that there are 2 types of scv box by Starhub. One using coax cable connect from tv output to the scv box and the other using hdmi cable direct from tv to scv box without the tv output coax connection. Could the issue be the type of scv box used?

Should I get a higher frequency splitter although from what I had read the current one I am using 5-1625 mhz range should be sufficient?

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score
Hi all, I had just purchased a pair of actiontec ecb6000 moca 2.0 adapters and I am facing a similar issue from what I had read in an earlier post of tv pic breaking up due to interference. Below is my setup and I need some advice of what went wrong.

Main tv output (living room)-->5-1625 mhz 2-way splitter-->(one splitter point connect to

moca adapter)+(the other splitter point connect to scv box with RG59 cable)--

-->moca adapter ethernet point connect to router

The second moca adapter I am using in my bedroom and I just connect it at the bedroom tv output without splitter and link it to my android box.

I am getting excellent speed of above 350 mbps on my android box from the speed test but the living room tv pic keep breaking up due to signal interference. When I disconnect the moca adapter from the splitter the tv pic back to normal again. What went wrong with the setup any advice?

I understand from my friend that there are 2 types of scv box by Starhub. One using coax cable connect from tv output to the scv box and the other using hdmi cable direct from tv to scv box without the tv output coax connection. Could the issue be the type of scv box used?

Should I get a higher frequency splitter although from what I had read the current one I am using 5-1625 mhz range should be sufficient?
Try posting ur query at smallnetbuilder forum, more users there. Btw I believe shld use rg6 cable to tv. Can try tat.

Fightbackatlast

Reaction score
Try posting ur query at smallnetbuilder forum, more users there. Btw I believe shld use rg6 cable to tv. Can try tat.

Thanks will try to post in the forum you suggested. Will try rg6 cable, thought I read in those earlier posts rg59 was recommended. I just bought the rg59 cable after original tv box cable had pic broken issue as well.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Thanks will try to post in the forum you suggested. Will try rg6 cable, thought I read in those earlier posts rg59 was recommended. I just bought the rg59 cable after original tv box cable had pic broken issue as well.
Btw u don't need the splitter, wall outlet to adapter coax input n adapter coax output 2 tv/cable box. It's shown in it's manual. Try it.

Fightbackatlast

Reaction score
Btw u don't need the splitter, wall outlet to adapter coax input n adapter coax output 2 tv/cable box. It's shown in it's manual. Try it.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is one area I do not quite understand. My moca adapter does not come with 2 coax in and coax out 2 connections. Just 1 coax connection, one ethernet port and 1 power port. I am not able to post the pic as I do not have sufficient posts in the forum to do so. The moca model I am using is Actiontec ECB6000.

Unless I could have understand you wrongly. In this case I do need a splitter right? I noticed the scv box cable coax point need to connect to tv output as well otherwise there is no tv signal, which is why I am using the splitter.

Fightbackatlast

Reaction score
This might be helpful for you to get to the web utility

Thank you for the link. From what I had read in the link this is just a firmware upgrade for another model ECB62000, not about changing channel. The article also mentioned it might not work for my model which is ECB6000. I am going to give it a miss.

manyu882

Master Member
Reaction score
have u tried accessing to the web utility?
And look for the configuration page?

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. This is one area I do not quite understand. My moca adapter does not come with 2 coax in and coax out 2 connections. Just 1 coax connection, one ethernet port and 1 power port. I am not able to post the pic as I do not have sufficient posts in the forum to do so. The moca model I am using is Actiontec ECB6000.

Unless I could have understand you wrongly. In this case I do need a splitter right? I noticed the scv box cable coax point need to connect to tv output as well otherwise there is no tv signal, which is why I am using the splitter.
Manual would have proper connection diagram for ur use. Just follow 1st n see the result.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.