View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #30
ralliart_ray
Arch-Supremacy Member

I checked with MFA yesterday. They said that Ministry of Health (MOH) has advised that thus far, there have been no reported cases of Singaporeans with radiation illness due to travels to Japan. The current radiation levels in Tokyo are within international acceptable limits, and close to Singapore's level. If you have any health concerns, you may wish to consult Travellers Clinic at Tan Tock Seng Hospital and take the necessary precautions. So probably these rumours are unreal.
This is an interesting topic, several of my friends + colleagues knew that I am going to Japan for holidays this month, and they were discouraging me and telling me tales (maybe true stories) on the radiation (like the friend's friend's stories shared here). I really sincerely thank them for their concerns and will stay alert when I am there. For the friends here, I used this for reference...

Disaster/Recovery General Information | JNTO - Japan Travel Updates after the 3.11 earthquake

Some of the their reaction was certainly so !!!!!!! (like "I forbidded you to go Japan!") ... Sterotyping the whole of Japan...

Its like telling me, japanese are going to extinct soon due to radiation... Come on lah, if fated to die, crossing the road in Singapore, also can be knocked down by a car...

Last edited by ralliart_ray; 05-03-2012 at 04:26 PM..
ralliart_ray is offline   Reply With Quote