Sony Xperia Z2 - Sirius-ly A Good Phone

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually high possibility lot haha they alr oos whr gt set let u exchange but nid something to shut u up mah lol

if telco not black-hearted then i worried.

:eek: that's nt very comforting :s13: hope i can get one w minimal gaps, then just becareful to avoid dust n water while waiting for sony's word...

tbh, my current set cosmetic defects/gaps are so bad, i dont know gt worse one or not :s13:

i also think high chance is those rejected sets, maybe 1 of the 3 sets that one bro here rejected? haha. cos i asked if i can request change other colour/ walk-in change not, they said NO :s8:

WoAiGuiGui

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually hor, i gt a hunch the set i getting tmr is those rejected sets, either due to gaps or cosmetic defects, and they reseal it back for exchange... st will be so bad or not ar :(
really is see luck de lah

but you are right, those rejected set nv end up in rubbish bin, so someday somehow someone will end up buying those rejected sets :D

refurbished refurbished refurbished refurbished refurbished

spiez1

Reaction score
anyone interested in these bumpers?
T2inhdXSVXXXXXXXXX_!!1592709279.jpg

RMB$45 includes local shipping from taobao.
PM me know if you wish to order together. Thanks.

Hi jeff. Sent u pm

WoAiGuiGui

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got gap it won't be waterproof anymore!
huh? unless I am seeing things wrongly, the so called gap is whatever layer that is behind the gorilla glass didn't have the hole position drill nicely so the lens doesn't appear to be seated right in the middle.

As long as the front glass panel is sealed tightly, water will not enter, even if the hole drill for the lens is way off right at the bottom.

Reaction score
huh? unless I am seeing things wrongly, the so called gap is whatever layer that is behind the gorilla glass didn't have the hole position drill nicely so the lens doesn't appear to be seated right in the middle.

As long as the front glass panel is sealed tightly, water will not enter, even if the hole drill for the lens is way off right at the bottom.

is scare accumulation of dust at the gap will either went deep into the phone or dislodged the glass in long run:(

WoAiGuiGui

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is scare accumulation of dust at the gap will either went deep into the phone or dislodged the glass in long run:(
Example of ok and bad set. Yes the bottom set can see between the glass itself and the bezel there is bigger gap, but then again none of the sets actually have the glass being sealed tight. Look at the ok set pic.

Plus the portion of bezel that is directly above the word Sony is purposely cut off so you can actually say all z2 have "gap" And so is the bottom. Btw, the cut is for the speaker sound to travel out ;)

What I mean is I dun think the front glass edge is the boundary to where water is being prevented access.

DSC03109_zps7937cc61.jpg

Jy1tSbP.png

.笨 小 孩.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
.笨 小 孩.;84828613 said:
i have been looking at my camera and screen to see got any gap or not but can't really tell leh.

can anyone help me see and confirm?

please pardon the fish eye effect, i got no other camera and this was taken with those car camera.

2eyyudc.jpg

anyone can comment on my screen... got any so call gap or not?

HikarU123456

Master Member
Reaction score
Example of ok and bad set. Yes the bottom set can see between the glass itself and the bezel there is bigger gap, but then again none of the sets actually have the glass being sealed tight. Look at the ok set pic.

Plus the portion of bezel that is directly above the word Sony is purposely cut off so you can actually say all z2 have "gap" And so is the bottom. Btw, the cut is for the speaker sound to travel out ;)

What I mean is I dun think the front glass edge is the boundary to where water is being prevented access.

DSC03109_zps7937cc61.jpg

Jy1tSbP.png

Agree with explaination

toyomi

Reaction score
.笨 小 孩.;84828976 said:
i save my own ringtone/ notification tone in the respective folder and use it. much louder compared to using the stock ringtone/notification.

u might wish to try that too?

Care to share any specific folder? I using my own ringtone n it sound loud when playing it, but when message comes in, its tat soft....
Tks

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
really is see luck de lah

but you are right, those rejected set nv end up in rubbish bin, so someday somehow someone will end up buying those rejected sets :D

refurbished refurbished refurbished refurbished refurbished

technically, nt refurbished set, yet? since sony sg dont hv parts to service, yet :s13:

i think the gap in question is not the misalignment of the front camera, which is a result of the gap/front panel too small, but the space left behind due to ill fitting of the front panel, as u can see in the pics of ur post below.

yeah, main concern is on the IP rating, water maybe not tt bad, since i not gg to swim w it, bt the dust is :s22:

DSC03109_zps7937cc61.jpg

Jy1tSbP.png

haha my pic now is an example of "bad set"

the speaker/listening holes i believe should hav some measures in place to prevent water access, but not so sure about the front panel. if by right there isnt supposed to have any gaps btw the panel and bezel, i.e. alrdy presuming to be sealed shut and tight, with the bezel acting as barrier, then the gap is an issue now, since the barrier is already in non-existant :(

even if measures are alrdy in place to secure phone against water entry via front panel, the gap is still a rose bed for dust... which is already rather apparent in my unused set...

.笨 小 孩.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Care to share any specific folder? I using my own ringtone n it sound loud when playing it, but when message comes in, its tat soft....
Tks

alarms
media/audio/notifications (for msg)
ringtones

at least it's much louder to me when i use my own compared to the stock 1.

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
Yours so distorted... Hard to see sia. But i think not.

agreed with ^

image not very sharp, and dark, making it even harder to judge with the fish eye :s22:

bt judging by the distance btw the speaker hole and the panel, i dont think gt gap, at least not tt obvious to naked eye.

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
technically, nt refurbished set, yet? since sony sg dont hv parts to service, yet :s13:

i think the gap in question is not the misalignment of the front camera, which is a result of the gap/front panel too small, but the space left behind due to ill fitting of the front panel, as u can see in the pics of ur post below.

yeah, main concern is on the IP rating, water maybe not tt bad, since i not gg to swim w it, bt the dust is :s22:

haha my pic now is an example of "bad set"

the speaker/listening holes i believe should hav some measures in place to prevent water access, but not so sure about the front panel. if by right there isnt supposed to have any gaps btw the panel and bezel, i.e. alrdy presuming to be sealed shut and tight, with the bezel acting as barrier, then the gap is an issue now, since the barrier is already in non-existant :(

even if measures are alrdy in place to secure phone against water entry via front panel, the gap is still a rose bed for dust... which is already rather apparent in my unused set...

Eh, if your top and bottom got gap, does it mean that your glass is small? Btw, is your screen yellowish? Some of.them say their is yellowish.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
ahh faintz.

i see that z2 users have some complaints about the gaps.

pardon me, but i wear my specs and scrutinize the photos posted, I cant seem to find the gaps.

is it a potential build issue?

if I cant convince myself, I can't help you guys to make the call to Sony Mobile to check on this matter. );

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.