Sony Xperia Z2 - Sirius-ly A Good Phone

toyomi

Reaction score
.笨 小 孩.;84831087 said:
alarms
media/audio/notifications (for msg)
ringtones

at least it's much louder to me when i use my own compared to the stock 1.

doesnt work..... :(

Thanks..

WoAiGuiGui

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
technically, nt refurbished set, yet? since sony sg dont hv parts to service, yet :s13:

i think the gap in question is not the misalignment of the front camera, which is a result of the gap/front panel too small, but the space left behind due to ill fitting of the front panel, as u can see in the pics of ur post below.

yeah, main concern is on the IP rating, water maybe not tt bad, since i not gg to swim w it, bt the dust is :s22:

haha my pic now is an example of "bad set"

the speaker/listening holes i believe should hav some measures in place to prevent water access, but not so sure about the front panel. if by right there isnt supposed to have any gaps btw the panel and bezel, i.e. alrdy presuming to be sealed shut and tight, with the bezel acting as barrier, then the gap is an issue now, since the barrier is already in non-existant :(

even if measures are alrdy in place to secure phone against water entry via front panel, the gap is still a rose bed for dust... which is already rather apparent in my unused set...
Ya your set is dam bad loh. Btw I am not saying got gap is ok. Cuz someone say got gap water will enter so I was like "erm dun think it works that way" because even the best fit front panel actually still got gap even if it is small until eye can't see.

Now your set the gap is like the gap you find in most phone between screen protector and the edge of phone :(

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
Eh, if your top and bottom got gap, does it mean that your glass is small? Btw, is your screen yellowish? Some of.them say their is yellowish.

yar, either my glass panel is too small, or the rubber injection wasnt done properly..

the screen was placed such that it aligned to the right bottom. so there is minimal/ close to not visible gap on the bottom right, and the right, but obvious gaps on the bottom left, left, and whole of the top.

i dont think my screen is yellowish though. but tint can be solved by firmware right?

WoAiGuiGui

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
.笨 小 孩.;84831169 said:
my phone is my only camera. :s13:

tml i use my gf iphone take and upload again.
the problem with your pic is you did not take a direct front shot

or if you did, the fish eye effect totally spoil it. try position the lens part directly in front ma.

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
ahh faintz.

i see that z2 users have some complaints about the gaps.

pardon me, but i wear my specs and scrutinize the photos posted, I cant seem to find the gaps.

is it a potential build issue?

if I cant convince myself, I can't help you guys to make the call to Sony Mobile to check on this matter. );

ehh my pic not obvious engh? to quote WoAiGuiGui, my gap distance is already machiam the dist btw sp and edge of phone, i.e. area not covered by screen protector, or worse.

Ya your set is dam bad loh. Btw I am not saying got gap is ok. Cuz someone say got gap water will enter so I was like "erm dun think it works that way" because even the best fit front panel actually still got gap even if it is small until eye can't see.

Now your set the gap is like the gap you find in most phone between screen protector and the edge of phone :(

i wasnt paying attention to the gap initially, as i was more taken up with the numerous cosmetic defects i spotted, and trying to get ST/ Sony to agree to an 1-1 exchange. till i was examining for more cosmetic defects then i realised how come got such obvious gaps, and then reading up some bros mentioning the gap issue, then i realised how cui mine is :(

on the brighter side, st has arranged for an exchange, albeit not sure abt the "freshness" of the set or gap issue...:s13:

Last edited:

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Reaction score
yar, either my glass panel is too small, or the rubber injection wasnt done properly..

the screen was placed such that it aligned to the right bottom. so there is minimal/ close to not visible gap on the bottom right, and the right, but obvious gaps on the bottom left, left, and whole of the top.

i dont think my screen is yellowish though. but tint can be solved by firmware right?
I was thinking of sony using 2 diff manufactures to make the screen. Mine look very white without changing the white balance.

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of sony using 2 diff manufactures to make the screen. Mine look very white without changing the white balance.

yar, that could be one possible source of error/variation.

no 2 machines could produce exactly identical stuff, let alone 2 diff machines controlled by 2 diff manufacturers/factories. at least if same factory, chances of spotting/controlling variance is higher.

WoAiGuiGui

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ehh my pic not obvious engh? to quote WoAiGuiGui, my gap distance is already machiam the dist btw sp and edge of phone, i.e. area not covered by screen protector, or worse.

i wasnt paying attention to the gap initially, as i was more taken up with the numerous cosmetic defects i spotted, and trying to get ST/ Sony to agree to an 1-1 exchange. till i was examining for more cosmetic defects then i realised how come got such obvious gaps, and then reading up some bros mentioning the gap issue, then i realised how cui mine is :(

on the brighter side, st has arranged for an exchange, albeit not sure abt the "freshness" of the set or gap issue...:s13:
sony stick z1 screen on your z2? :eek: :s13:

WoAiGuiGui

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
holy shyt :eek::eek::eek::s13:
146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm vs 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm

3029920-4973625090-Close.png

think you can take your phone pic make meme liao

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
.笨 小 孩.;84830755 said:
anyone can comment on my screen... got any so call gap or not?

Woah taken with gopro :p

Dun think gopro can do close up with its fixed focus :)

set to narrow and try again if you want.
Also make sure lens is centered to the object, otherwise it will be fish out.

immortal86

Master Member
Reaction score
should i change to m8?

cause my charging speed is slow compared to my previous s3. and i dont wish to use the usb for charging, so its even slower for magnetic.

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for laughing.:s13:

wa u lidat say i also feel bad leh... i joke is see he secure replacement already

though good chance his one really is z1 screen given the 2.8mm difference

bt the measurements are those of the whole unit, not the screen...

haha thankfully, i secured a replacement, though the condition of it is still unknown :s13: else i oso xiao bu chu :(

D9FabiH.jpg

witherx

Reaction score
sia la all of you got many problems ah? I'm feeling like my Z2 is perfect leh, haven't found or had any of the problems described :eek::eek:

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
i think mostly white sets with e most issues. so far only 1 black set reported in here w minor gap issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.