The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sogatda

Reaction score
dude nothing wrong with charging high prices but just not right to justify it by saying u respect/honor/value the product thats why charge high price. u need more than that to substantiate that - e.g profits, good service & good packaging, etc. u seem to be missing the point of what i said.

"That should NOT be the only reason (honoring of products) that's why charge high price." actually i dont really quite agree with this.
newman.sg, luxola.com,
legitimate business are all selling at 30 so yea, I dont think 30 is considered high, plus I'll be providing coupon codes once webpage is up.
anyway, what gx said so yea.
Anyway, there are always cheaper options and we welcome those.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wa so long never come and post here, so many conflicts..
like a battlefield :eek::eek:

had been using the OS spray from TPJ, and I find that there is something like gel solution in there, and my hair became more shiny which I don't really like so I stopped using it hahaha..
but it is a good experience though.. it did add volume to my hair but I don't quite like the gel effect personally haha, this is pure personal preference. Since many of bros out there highly recommend it so gave it a try. ;);)

now want to try the vantachi hair clay from TPJ but got to finish up my fudge hed first haha, still got a bottle to go :s22::s22:

haha, 1st time see before os sss make hair more shiny... normally pple complain too dry.... :s22:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some personal feedback.

Hair Wax

E.B.L Taste Matt Finish Hair Clay
Taste-matt-hair-clay-600x600.jpg

- Pleasant smell
- Harden very fast upon applying on hair
- Sticky on hair after apply
- Able to create slight volume for short to medium hair
- Holding strength: very strong for short hair and strong for medium hair
- Not easy to wash off with some generic shampoo

Vantachi Hair Clay
Vantachi.jpg

- Sticky on hand but not on hair after apply
- Able to re-create the hairstyle easily
- Able to create slight volume for short hair
- Holding strength: strong for short hair and moderate for medium hair
- Easy to wash off

HDF Claymation
Claymation%20-%20Shop%20Details%20Page%20%28260%20x%20487%29_0.jpg

- Able to create slight volume for short to medium hair length
- Holding strength: Moderate for short hair and weak for medium hair
- Easy to wash off

HDF Qucksand
Quicksand%20-%20Shop%20Details%20Page%20%28260x487%29.jpg

- Able to create great volume for short to medium hair length
- Holding strength: Very weak for short hair
- Easy to wash off

HDF Sponge Wax
Sponge%20Wax%20-%20Shop%20Details%20Page%20%28260x487%29.jpg

- Unable to create volume
- Holding strength: moderate for short hair and weak for medium hair
- Easy to wash off

* All the wax are able to wash off easily with the shampoo listed below.

Shampoo/Conditioner

Ryo Shampoo (Purple Colour)
- Texture: dark brown gel type
- Smell before wash: ginseng smell
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: slight gentle
- Smell after wash: slight ginseng smell
- Hair texture after wash: slightly moisturized

Hergen Loss Prevention Treatment Shampoo
- Texture: yellow gel type
- Smell before wash: nice aroma smell
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: gentle
- Smell after wash: slight aroma smell
- Hair texture after wash: not really moisturized but quite smooth

Pote Natural Organic Shampoo
- Texture: white creamy type
- Smell before wash: gentle nice smell
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: slightly less gentle than Vogne
- Smell after wash: slight gentle smell
- Hair texture after wash: slightly more moisturized than Vogne

Vogne Aroma Essence Acidic Shampoo
- Texture: milky creamy type
- Smell before wash: very nice smell
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: slightly less gentle than Carbolic and Hergen
- Smell after wash: slight stronger smell but not as strong and lasting as other shampoos that I have used before
- Hair texture after wash: moisturized

Q8 Carbolic Silky Shampoo
- Texture: black gel type
- Smell before wash: very slight gentle smell
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: gentle
- Smell after wash: no smell
- Hair texture after wash: dry

Ryo Hair Treatment (Purple Colour)
- Texture: light brown creamy type
- Smell before wash: no smell
- Hair texture after wash: moisturized and smooth

Vogne Maintenance Treatment Acidic Conditioner
- Texture: milky creamy type
- Smell before wash: gentle nice smell
- Hair texture after wash: very moisturized and smooth

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel writing of address is stupid. Please type and print the address out so that you cover yourself.

My own small cue tips and repair thingy, if I post anything out, I always print the address and take a video of me dropping it into the post box if its normal mail. Anything on, its not my problem anymore.

my style is i print a label and hand write the address in full.
got a few issue also.
i write wrong - my fault, i resend at no charge or expedite it.
customer give wrong - i resend but they have to pay for mailing charges only.

i will be doing printing soon, once my site is up and running.
not going to do those cheapo site.
haha i actually paid good money for my site.

bought equipment to print labels too.

this is where the "extra" profit goes to.

chewren

Reaction score
Yes. You have too.
I have posted a video here on how to do this. Let me repost later.
I used a brush from Korea and some Sidekick Pre styling spray, Tada Magic! No falling flat!

I would love to see that video! Thanks.

Anyway after following this thread for the past month or so, this is what I have to say.

Different sellers can pursue different strategies. If dapper chooses to go for price leadership then let him be. Other guys like you/leejhong/RyanCCY are also free to practice differentiation and continue with value-added excellent customer services albeit with slight markup on the prices.

I understand that dapper might agitate other sellers with some of his antics. If you guys feel the need to point out any misinformation from him it is fine. However to go beyond that and perpetually and collectively pick on everything that he says seemed a tad bit distasteful.

Whatever 'bad' things dapper had done in the past(which I can't be bothered reading) that doesn't sit right with you can be settled personally outside of this thread. I've been seeing a lot of name-calling and airing of bad press over here and it just detracts from the purpose of this thread. Why not just take the high road and leave him to fail if you are so convinced about it?

Ultimately keep in mind you guys are catering to different groups of consumers. There is no need to feel threatened by each other. Peace.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well not every online seller practice GOOD service like gx. basic service of cos. i mean if the profits still come in and they earn their keep? most won't see the necessity to go that extra mile. maybe those reading hair thread customers will and regular customers of the bros here will, but majority on qoo10/carousell won't.

i never deny that i don't appreciate gx excellent service, in fact its the best in the hair thread amongst the other players. just that my point of honoring product does not equate to selling high price. pls state the real reason and no smoke.. say u provide gd service & nice packaging instead of gong ho tia wei. Right? More transparent for buyer also.

haha mine is for all to see.
usually qoo10 one ah, they quite imbar one. once you chiu, they boycott you.
carousell worse. alot of kids. haha no need credit card ma.
easy for them to annoy you.

Bold - LOL Just needed to hear this :s13::s12:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would love to see that video! Thanks.

Anyway after following this thread for the past month or so, this is what I have to say.

Different sellers can pursue different strategies. If dapper chooses to go for price leadership then let him be. Other guys like you/leejhong/RyanCCY are also free to practice differentiation and continue with value-added excellent customer services albeit with slight markup on the prices.

I understand that dapper might agitate other sellers with some of his antics. If you guys feel the need to point out any misinformation from him it is fine. However to go beyond that and perpetually and collectively pick on everything that he says seemed a tad bit distasteful.

Whatever 'bad' things dapper had done in the past(which I can't be bothered reading) that doesn't sit right with you can be settled personally outside of this thread. I've been seeing a lot of name-calling and airing of bad press over here and it just detracts from the purpose of this thread. Why not just take the high road and leave him to fail if you are so convinced about it?

Ultimately keep in mind you guys are catering to different groups of consumers. There is no need to feel threatened by each other. Peace.

hahaha me is say the truth, catch him trying to smoke.
the way he talk ah, he never give face, i also no need give face.
he always think he is right. lol

RyanCCY

Reaction score
dude nothing wrong with charging high prices but just not right to justify it by saying u respect/honor/value the product thats why charge high price. u need more than that to substantiate that - e.g profits, good service & good packaging, etc. u seem to be missing the point of what i said.

point taken :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, i did blow dry..
maybe i just dislike the gel look :s8:

ehh, its not supposed to give you the gel look.
lol
its supposed to be like a day out at the beach after swimming and hair naturally dry.
rough but got hold

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will la but i mean majority of non-hwz customers will try to get the cheaper one and if u justify by telling them the higher cost is becos u honor/value/respect the product and provide gd service, that won't quite work out will it?

it depends lo. haha
nevermind la.
my price is up and down one.
sometimes promo, sometimes don't have.
haha must give surprises ma.
soon will have one solid one

xiasuaykia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi hair gurus,

Can I just check is it recommended to apply a bit of HDF sponge wax thru the hair first, then finish it off with HDF claymation?

Thanks.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi hair gurus,

Can I just check is it recommended to apply a bit of HDF sponge wax thru the hair first, then finish it off with HDF claymation?

Thanks.

haha none. hahaha.

actually what style you doing?
if come to worse, just use claymation.
sell the sponge wax.

xiasuaykia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha none. hahaha.

actually what style you doing?
if come to worse, just use claymation.
sell the sponge wax.

images

This hair bro.

Ty Benjamin Kheng for modeling. :s13: Hairyportal recommended me to use both, but i would like to seek more advice here, 2 bottles si beh shiong. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.