The physiologic role of same sex couples in rescuing abandoned foetuses/ children from harm.

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The physiologic role of same sex couples in rescuing abandoned foetuses/ children from harm.

Same sex relationship may at times have useful physiological functions: e.g. to help bring up orphaned/ abandoned kids?

tumblr_m6jovgXhlP1rwjk01o1_400.jpg
(Pict source)
Consequent to the fame of "And Tango Makes Three" whose 'noterity' stems from a ban by NLB, I decide to check out the non-fiction story of Roy and Silo (born 1987): male chinstrap penguins the main protagonists of the book "And Tango Makes Three". "They were noted by staff at the zoo in 1998 to be performing mating rituals, although no actual sexual acts were witnessed, and in 1999 attempted to hatch a rock as if it were an egg. This inspired zoo keepers to give them an egg from another pair of penguins who could not hatch it, resulting in the couple raising a chick which was named Tango."

I am thus persuaded to wonder if the 'homosexuality'* that the penguins portrayed were natural instincts developed to rescue abandoned eggs/chicks from irresponsible/ hype-reproductive heterosexual parents. Most penguin couples I know can only incubate one egg at a time: it gets confusing when there are egg twins. (With the 'unwanted' usually being just abandoned for dead).

tumblr_m6jovgXhlP1rwjk01o2_1280.jpg

This form of infantile homosexuality/ cohabitation of a NON-SEXUAL nature (just as kindergarten kids hold hands, share and love each other) is probably a natural developmental process with variations in-between (e.g. prolonged homosexuality of Roy and Silo to bring up an abandoned penguin egg): but which ended subsequently once their contribution to penguin society was complete.

I thus conclude that if cohabitation has any physiological purpose, it is to fill the gap left by heterosexual parents UNABLE to perform their rightful duties either due to handicapped or malice (e.g.: lust for quikie sex but do not want kids) and a repository of love/relationship as a precursor to finding an ideal partner of the opposite sex just a single sex schools improve focus on an ideal by excepting the BGR distraction from school work during a student's junior years. Or NSmen have same sex (male buddies) assigned during NS sleep in the same room or on 2 levels of a double decker bed. Or 2 same-sex foreign talents in Singapore share the same rental room due to rental $$$affordability reasons.

In accordance with current Singapore laws and also Abrahamic/ Christian abhorrence for homosexual sex, I also abhor 'carnal knowledge' between same sex individuals.

However, in so far as the lack of love by heterosexual couples as manifest by the high abortion rate in Singapore goes (10,000 foetus p.a./ 1/4 of ALL local pregnancies), I believe that same sex couples (as does everyone else) do have a BIG part to play where the rescue of abandoned foetus and children is concerned.

Of course a strong measure of supervision is necessary for such adoption/ fostering schemes to work (especially for same sex couples with zero child rearing experience), however, in view of the shrinking local population and the paradoxically stratospheric abortion rate in Singapore, I believe that the need to rescue abandoned foetuses/children from harm is urgent of not desperate.

If those who happen to cohabit also have the heart to save another human life, who is society to criticise???!!!

'homosexuality'* within the context of this essay STRICTLY DEFINED as a cohabitation type relationship between same sex individuals WITHOUT any elements of carnal knowledge/ homosexual sexual-activity being involved.

mother-teresa-quote-do-it-anyway.jpg
(Pict source)

Last edited:

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Books helped reader feel accepted.

The Straits Times: Published on Jul 10, 2014
Books helped reader feel accepted
I READ with grave concern the article ("NLB pulls 3 kids' books off its shelves"; yesterday).
Growing up in the early 1980s as a child of divorced parents, I benefited from the books that the library carried; they made a positive impact on my life.
Within their pages, I was liberated from the "outside" world that would tell me that my family was not "normal" or "real" because my parents no longer lived under the same roof.
The books spoke of others like me who had atypical families but were no less legitimate. They helped me understand that though families may not all be alike, what truly makes a family is not the gender of the people involved, or the need to have a mother and a father, but rather love, care and sacrifice.
Those books helped me feel understood, accepted and less alone. They also cultivated in me an appreciation for those who stepped forward to be my family, to raise me, when it was probably easier to walk away.

It was this sense of gratitude and ties built over decades of nurturing and love that enabled us to continue to struggle along, especially when times were hard. This, to me, is the real meaning of what being "pro-family" is.
I hope the National Library Board will consider reinstating the three titles and continue to procure books that offer exposure and insights into this diverse world we live in. This access to knowledge, as I have experienced, can be life-changing.
Charmaine Vanessa Tan Mei-Li (Ms)
Copyright © 2014 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved.
Books helped reader feel accepted

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Extremism from theological misguidance/ misinterpretation should have ZERO acceptance in SG.

Extremism from theological misguidance/ misinterpretation should have ZERO acceptance in Singapore.
singleton said:
Re (A1): The physiologic role of same sex couples in rescuing abandoned foetuses/ children
Hello BiteACherry.;)...Are you here to promote a gay cause again....We had enough of these lah....we need more pro family stories not another gender bender pls......:D
Those books are already B.A.N.N.E.D. so pls leave it as that instead of regurgitating the materials here....you wan MDA to ban asiaone is it:D:D
I am actually AGAINST HOMOSERXUALITY if it means having sexual relations with same gender. However, I think cohabiting/ same gender relationship is fine as long as it is of a non-sexual nature. In NS unit we have same gender buddy whom we know well and protect with our lives, FT have same gender room mate to save on rental costs, single gender school never see a kid of opposite gender around etc: all OKAY by society standards: that is why I think the penguins book should NOT be removed since it is a natural thing for same gender to work on good projects together in so far that the project is socially appropriate/ good (e.g. rescue orphans, run orphanage etc etc). What is bad is anal-intercourse with its inherent high risk of contracting HIV/ AIDS.

Christians/ Muslim shouldn't be so paranoid as to ban a book on penguins doing good just because they have misplaced phobia of same gender relations: to do so would be throwing baby out with the bath water.

I also do regular bible study and attend Church, and aside from the sin of homosexual sexual relations, there is ABSOLUTERLY ZERO Biblical restriction of same gender cohabitating provided it serves a socially good purpose (SAF/ FT tenants/ FW in gender specific dorm/ nunnery-monastry segregation etc etc).

Banning the said book in totality from library shelves is setting a dangerous precedence in misplaced theology/ extremist paranoia. Perhaps placing the good book amongst the adult section might relieve some tension: now that adult guidance might be more likely available; since some theologically illiterate Christians prefer to bury their heads underground.
Unfortunately, the total ban on "And Tango Makes Three" shows either the incompetence of NLB at mediating consensus amongst opposing parties, or else means that some Christians/ Muslims are adopting Taliban tactics to force things their way: a dangerous precedence for all, an inferior option compared to a more considered and nuanced understanding that cohabitation and simple role play is a natural growing up/ learning process and DOES NOT EQUAL/ AUTOMATICALLY LEAD TO HOMOSEXUAL-SEXUAL PREFERENCES.

I have NEVER promoted a gay a gender and have consistently abhorred homosexual sexual relations, however the paranoia extending to cohabitation smirks of extremism and to me is going too far (corrupted/ revisionist theology: I.e SIN).
what remains MORE TRAGIC than the misplaced paranoia against same gender cohabitation is the shocking number of abortions conducted in Singapore (>10,000 p.a.): in that regard, the religious paranoia against cohabitation has only served to WORSEN this sad situation, a proof of SINNING that all these misguided religious fanatics/ extremist who purposely MISINTERPRET the bible will eventually have to answer to God/Allah for.

PS: I have not actually read "And Tango Makes Three" personally, however, the synopsis of the story in Wikipedia shows the 2 male penguins behaviours/ cohabitation to be a total normal, physiological and moral stage of their lives: the outcome being girl-penguin Tango, which apart from the loving contribution of her 2 adoptive fathers, would have never saw the light of day.

In the light of saving Tango's life, "And Tango Makes Three" is far more pro-family than most; and as such, banning it was a wrong/ regrettable choice.

Last edited:

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People who don't read bible correctly/personally are easily taken in by devious Chris

People who don't study bible correctly/regularly are easily taken in by devious Christian Taleban schemes.
MygrandfatherRod said:
Re (A1): The physiologic role of same sex couples in rescuing abandoned foetuses/ children
@ BC
Same sex people living together is not frown by people. Our hospital also put them together and if the reason why NLB banned those books is because of that, then hospital, army camp all also will follow suit. When it cross the line and have sex like poking backside or sucking coc.k, this is what the majority frown on.
A lot of abortion is due to one night stand and bf and gf who are not married. At that time, what they want is sex and not produce children. You can say its irresponsible but then they are young and still not fully know what they do is wrong. I think for the girl especially, the abortion will haunt her for life when she see children and think her child today would be this big, or that big, or go army, get married, and she think about the one she murdered.

Whilst I am more/less Christian (believe in following Jesus Christ example will bring good karma (like God / sit @ right hand of Jesus/God... blah blah, u go read yourself)), I am very upset with these Christian Taleban for going overboard and ban this ban that like crazy jihad just to fan their own lustful egos that is scarred cos they are too distracted to even understand what Jesus Christ said correctly.
Indeed, curbing the high abortion rate is a much more urgent/ nobel cause than banning NLB children's story books... reeks of the 1500AD middle/dark ages of corrupted Catholic priest who abused their authority to corruptly selling "indulgences" to steal $$$ from parishioners to fuel their own corrupted child molesting lifestyles before Martin Luther started the protestant reformation (by distributing bibles freely when once pte bible ownership was rulled illegal by corrupt bishops/priest) and put a sharp end to the corrupted church's devious nonsense.

Always the problem of greed and corruption, both in church and outside.

As far as I am concerned, I think the high abortion rate is much more serious than same gender cohabiting since we indeed do it in hospitals (gender separate wards, gender separate toilets, gender separate army bunks, schools etc etc): so long as same gender sexual relations (sex with same gender) is not promoted/ advertised, I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH SAME GENDER COHABITATION in so far that it might reduce abortion rates and perhaps HIV rates (don't have anal/unprotected sex).

Yes, I support retaining section 377A that forbids anus sexual intercourse; however, to assume that ALL same gender cohabitations inevitably result in anus sexual intercourse/relations or worry that "And Tango Makes Three" will corrupt children's minds can only be a superstitious rumour perpetuated by the Christian Taleban unable to manage such peripheral issues in an honest/sincere way.

That is why I think that the Christian Taleban(/ other misguided religious fanaticism) is a very dangerous thing and why real people of the book should always be wary of these wolves in sheep clothing who want to ban this and ban that to show off their powers and create a theocratic state which is actually a devious scheme to promote themselves as theocratic dictators to satisfy their own power hungry greed.

Reference:
- John Tetzel: John Tetzel is famous (infamous?) for arousing the ire of Martin Luther by his outrageous claims for the sale of Catholic indulgences.

Last edited:

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Term: 'Homosexuality': is current terminology blurred???!!!

Term: 'Homosexuality': is current terminology blurred???!!!
jameslee58 said:
A1= The physiologic role of same sex couples in rescuing abandoned foetuses/ children from harm.
i agreed some gays are more details in thinking and helpful, but we mustn't generalize it as a good character across the board ...i also seen gays who are inconsistent in emotion, feeling was hurt very easily and reacted in extreme manner
without generalizing further, i can only say, most gay, not everyone ar, most gay are slim for good reason, do you know why ?
because if they are fat, it means they have to s.hit a lot ....!!

Guess the whole problem is that TERMINOLOGY IS ALL VERY VERY BLUR!!!###!!!
Firstly, the stupid Christian Taleban (uneducated sort) just likes to shotgun everything including cohabitation which is totally innocent in so far that same gender sexual relations are not involved as in the case of "And Tango Makes Three": a factual report of a zoo incident. This only obsfucates/ distracts the biblical abhorrences against homosexual sexual relations by blurring the focus which the homosexual movement then exploits (just as the devil did in tempting Adam and Eve in garden of Eden: e.g.: " but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”").

The lack of clarity about whether homosexuality actually included sexual relations or is it just mere cohabitation (without sex intercourse) needs to be clarified: which the Christian Taleban is obviously inept to do.

This arises ALL THE CONFUSION and distress today as just as we have the ISIS doing extremist stuff in Iraq, we have the Christian Taleban brainless fanatics here making an nuisance of themselves (banning NLB nonfiction kids books).

God made man with 2 ears but only one mouth. I hope that people will use their God given ears first to hear the cries of >10,000 aborted Singapore foetuses p.a. rather than banning nonfiction library books, the latter being the easy way out.

Even the word 'gay': what does it mean? Some have sex, others don't: so differentiation is important. I hate those who have anus sex, spread HIV and end up costing the state lots of $$$ to treat their problems, however, for those just cohabiting for life phase/ practical/ economic/ occupational reasons, I have no objections. But all $inkies are NSmen too, so please, no holding same gender hands in public/ feminine makeup/dressings please (sends wrong message to neighbouring states (the last are unbiblical)).

BTW: kindly refrain from discussion about toilet/dietary habits of people, gays/ otherwise (which isn't the focus of discussion here).

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heaven REJECTS those with blood on their hands...

Heaven REJECTS those with blood on their hands....
Black Vindicator said:
singaporeuncle said:
In which way will it harm the kids? The Penguins story was based on a true event....why does the truth scare some people? it does not contain any sex as what those homophobes made it out to be....It was a story of 2 same sex Penguins that adopted, incubated and raised a chick from an unwanted abandoned egg....What is so wrong with that?? so it'd make you very happy if the unwanted egg was just left out in the cold and freeze??? why would some value hate and death more than compassion? Did your religion teach you that? :rolleyes:
So are you going to instructed your adopted kids how to b*utt poke ?
Ah, Christian Taleban (Black Vindicator) spotted.
Please ah, I also Jesus Christ follower.
Firstly, "And Tango Makes Three" is not about homosexual penguins, just real story about 2 male penguins cohabiting during their younger days and successfully raising an abandoned but fertile penguin egg. Did penguins Roy and Silo have any sex with each other: ZERO.
There is a vast DIFFERENCE between cooperating on a project together and "b*utt poke " and one must clearly distinguish the two, and failure to do so remains PROOF of how theologically empty/shallow the Christian Taleban is.

I believe that for many individuals unable to enter into permanent heterosexual relationship due to circumstance or organisational requirements: a same gender state of cohabitation is an inevitable situation (Army deployment, workers quarters, hospital wards, public toilets, same sex carriage trains etc).

Unfortunately, many theologically shallow fanatics (especially prosperity bible followers) shun any and everyone of a poorer social circumstance than themselves due to the false teaching they seek from the prosperity bible (a corruptly constructed loose collection of cherry picked bible verses: deviously rearranged to preach (false) theology centred around instant gratification): that one's current state of fortune is the main/only measure of God's power/love/ the authority to suppress conscience in one's exploitation of the poor.

Which leaves these shunned same gender cohabiters nobody else to turn to EXCEPT the welcome by "b*utt pokers" who accept these less well off folks as friends: and consequent to this situation, the entire gang then operates under the overall banner of 'homosexual': even if many of the members were not interested in same gender sexual relations from the start.

My analysis of the current Christian objection to "And Tango Makes Three" remains simply PROOF that greed, bigotry and hypocracy still has a deep grip on the Christian Church, just as greed and pedphilia ruinously plagued the Church during the middle ages that Martin Luther was born into.

By cursing an entire generation of same-gender-cohabitants who are so: due to less fortunate circumstance and not guilty of any same gender sexual relations, the Church has inadvertantly pushed these deprived folks deeper towards the homosexual agenda, just as the priest and the Levite BOTH ignored the plight of the poor (robbed traveller left half dead along the road) as described in Jesus' Parable of the good Samaritan. These hypocritical Taleban Christians are basically wolf in sheep clothing whom in truth will NEVER taste heaven but eventually learn to regret their sins of pride, oppression and ignorance about the plight of the poor etc etc.

Sadly, the conversation between Jesus vs bigoted flag carrying Christians and other snakes will as usual be as follows:
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment,... ...
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 25&version=NIV
Yes, it is a quote lifted from Matthew 25:41-46 of the holy bible, which is unfortunately totally omitted from the corrupted prosperity bible, which corrupt and bigoted Christians lustfully use...

The over-encompassing 'homosexual' term in common use today, might thus be a false construct by false Christians: xenophobes only too keen to distance themselves from anybody less wealthy/ educated/ lucky than they themselves are, that only worsens the plight of the poor, who I feel ought be embraced and not shunned, nor fearful admitting that they are temporarily in a same gender cohabitation state for want of a more stable heterosexual relationship as and when material resources/opportunities so permit: when the world become more pro-life rather than pro-capitalist: a struggle leaving most at the mercy of illiteracy and poverty and thus ill suited to thrive.

In so far that banning "And Tango Makes Three" from NLB is a step in reverse for the pro-life campaign, the plotters behind the banning have blood on their hands...

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.