[Official cycling thread]

aqf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What kind of lock should one get for a foldable bike?

Loratadine10mg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Hope you guys can help me out. I want to do some cycling...mainly casual around parks and pavements across the country, not the adventurous 'chiong sua' sort haha.

I own an extremely old and untouched for very long BMX that has become VERY rusty..the entire handlebar is covered in rust and the frame and chain are also pretty badly rusted. I have also left the bike on the floor in my storeroom for years (!) and hence the tyres have been 'pressed'/flattened down on the same spot...

Do you guys think I should try to 'revive' my old bicycle or will I be better off getting a new one? If I'm to get a new one, would I be able to get a decent casual bike for around SGD200-250?

Thanks so much!
I am sorry. I have the same problem. I have a MTB with rusty chains and rusty cogs. Should I spray WD40 and scrub it away or just buy new one from Lazada? Spare parts cheap now

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am sorry. I have the same problem. I have a MTB with rusty chains and rusty cogs. Should I spray WD40 and scrub it away or just buy new one from Lazada? Spare parts cheap now
if i were you i'd get new chain and cassette/freewheel and make sure install quick link on chain before install on bike? once a while i would remove chain and soak in detergent, dry then reapply new coat of chain oil and having a quick link makes this much easier ^^

Loratadine10mg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i were you i'd get new chain and cassette/freewheel and make sure install quick link on chain before install on bike? once a while i would remove chain and soak in detergent, dry then reapply new coat of chain oil and having a quick link makes this much easier ^^
Thank you

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.