Mattress - which brand / types?

Like Tree26Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #1

Mattress - which brand / types?

looking to buy mattress for new home. so many brands/types. if i already have a bed frame and i want pocketed spring mattress, what brands to consider that is good value?
Old 26-12-2005, 11:54 AM   #2

looking to buy mattress for new home. so many brands/types. if i already have a bed frame and i want pocketed spring mattress, what brands to consider that is good value?

jus sharing with you my experience of choosing mattress :

a few years back, i bought a slumberland 3 ft mattress. it was near to $1000!!! consider quite ex for a 3 ft mattress. the reason why it was so expensive was because the number of pocketed springs are many.

actually, got cheaper ones, but the number of pocketed springs inside the mattress not so many. its got dustmines resistantance, approx 10 years warranty etc..

but too bad, i was used to sleeeping on queen size and found the new 3 ft mattress i bought quite small. a few flips and i nearly slip down a few times in the nite. its hard alrite, which is good for my aching back, but too hard due the extra support given by the many many many pocketed springs.

previously, my queen size bed is dunoplli (sorry, wrong spelling) but i think u know which brand i referring to. it was not a pocketed spring mattress and hence, not so hard. in the end, i can't get use to it, so eventually i bought a $300 plus cheap skate -not-so hard king koil brand queen size mattress.

morale of the story :

if the mattress you currently using serves u well, when considering buying a new mattress for your new home, try buy back the same brand, same size, and same hardness. then u will hv no regrets.

jus my 2 cents.
Old 14-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #3

Good news for you, now takashimaya having sales go for the brand (which I think is good):

1) Simmons (I just bought one but not from Taka sales, is from Robinson sales last month) go for the Backcare (DO NOT DISTURB) type. A lot of 5 stars hotel and resorts use Simmons.

2) Serta (a lot of designer choices) quite ex i think..

3) Sealy (Ex Stuff also) but now got sales ma.....

4) King Koil????????

5) 4 star???????????????
Old 15-01-2006, 01:01 AM   #4

also got dunlopillo something.
Old 15-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #5
Master Member

What my wife and I did 2 months ago was to visit Courts and Metro and physically tried out practically all the mattresses they have. We have a set ourselves a budget of S$1k to narrow down the number of choices. In the end we took a Dunlopillo. Personally I will recommend King Koil, Dunlopillo, Sea Horse, Four Star and Slumberland, in that order. I do believe that there's a mattress center or something around (saw from TV advert), you may wanna check it out.
Old 15-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #6

What my wife and I did 2 months ago was to visit Courts and Metro and physically tried out practically all the mattresses they have. We have a set ourselves a budget of S$1k to narrow down the number of choices. In the end we took a Dunlopillo. Personally I will recommend King Koil, Dunlopillo, Sea Horse, Four Star and Slumberland, in that order. I do believe that there's a mattress center or something around (saw from TV advert), you may wanna check it out.
that's what we did as well - try out mattresses. we also took a Dunlopillo that was on 50% sale. great value - $800 after discount.
Old 15-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #7

Thumbs up

Dunlopillo Duchess
Old 15-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #8

Dunlopillo Duchess
checked. mine is dunlopillo super comfort. wah.. duchess quite ex one right?
Old 15-01-2006, 09:29 PM   #9
Master Member

We got a Queen Duchess with Latex Pillow Top as well. Together with Sime Bolster, x2 Pillow Pad, a Neckcare Pillow, a Sime Pillow and a Queen Mattress Pad; everything set us back S$986.9.
Old 16-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #10

wow... quite a lot of freebies thrown in. all i got was White Cloud pillow x2 and Queen Mattress Pad.
Old 16-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #11
Master Member

No no... we only got the mattress pad and 2 normal pillows as freebies... we took the mattress pad and exchange the 2 normal pillows and top up cash for the rest.
Old 17-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #12

Fella, where did you get your Dunlopillo Duchess from? The best I found was $999.
Old 17-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #13

tempur.... very welcoming mattress...you sink in and v shiok... dun feel warm one
Old 17-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #14
Master Member

Fella, where did you get your Dunlopillo Duchess from? The best I found was $999.
We got from Metro Century Square in Tampines. There was some sort of promotion on at that time. Can't remember exactly it's Dunlopillo's promotion or Metro's promotion.
Old 21-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #15

Anybody have an idea of the Dunlopillo limited warranty?? how in their options they allow you to exchange??? how come a business warraty us the bed for ten years - can't make money .......... any idea?????
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.