TV repair discussion thread (consolidated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rseahwm

Reaction score
Mod Edit:

This thread is to discuss option for repair of TVs. But the frank truth is that new sets are more difficult to repair and expensive to do so. The traditional repair shops in HDB flats do not have the parts or expertise unless it is a fuse issue or something simple.

So decide if the repairs make sense and whether a new set is a better bet.

Hi ppl,

do you have any recommendation for tv repair? model is Samsung. No longer under warranty tho. u can pm me if you've got any info for me. =)

Last edited by a moderator:

eyescold

Reaction score
Hi ppl,

do you have any recommendation for tv repair? model is Samsung. No longer under warranty tho. u can pm me if you've got any info for me. =)

Give cedric a call at 91111841, he might be able to help.

N0name

Reaction score
where to repair sharp lcd tv

as above.. any recommendatin other than the agent?

vsml

Reaction score
SPOILT: White Screen/ Normal sound on LCD TV can be repair?

Hi all

I have a Sharp 37" LCD TV, sound is normal, but screen is white. Does anyone have this problem repaired by any good repairman? Be it sharp or other brands with this problem.

How much is the repair cost in total?

marcpjw

Reaction score
where to repair plasma tv?

Hi guys,

My samsung plasma tv 42inch is giving me problem.
sometimes the tv just go stand by itself, or the image just dissapear or sometimes cannot even on.

It is out of warranty, anyone know a good shop or a repairman who is good?

thank you.

yourslovingly

Reaction score
Repair TV

Anyone can recommend any tv technician to repair CRT TV (I wonder if repair man even exist for the old tvs anymore...) help anyone?
Thanks.

petetherock

Reaction score
Mod:

As you can tell from the half dozen questions on TV repair which have gone unanswered, there is little info or choice on TV repair.

The older neighbourhood repair shops just do not have the spare parts or experise to replace circuit boards, flatscreens or even have spare CRT tubes lying around.

I am afraid your choices are limited to the makers.

And then consider what a new set costs. Sure your old TV could have costs thousands back then, but if the warranty has run out, then compare what a newer and probably better set will cost.

If the difference is less than 20% of the new set, you are probably better off buying a new one.

Cheers

Merged

physistry

Reaction score
LCD tv spoil

My friend LCD tv is sort of spoilt. The screen is still intact however no more sounds. Can it be repaired like sound card spoil or something. I'm assuming he got no more warranty. If can be repaired, where ah? Sim lim?

petetherock

Reaction score
There are little repair options outside of the original makers.

Merged

My friend LCD tv is sort of spoilt. The screen is still intact however no more sounds. Can it be repaired like sound card spoil or something. I'm assuming he got no more warranty. If can be repaired, where ah? Sim lim?

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Any Recommendations for TV Repair

Hi,

I have a projector TV that needs to be repaired. Image distorted (typical of old tv?), can see double image.

Any recommendations please? Need house-calls as the tv too big to be transported.
Thanks!

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Almost now a day is very hard to find people repair these thing in component level. As nobody has the skill. Most of the time you are left with choice from the agent who basically bring the whole part assembly and replace it. This will cost you a lot.

s3856

Reaction score
Can call peter or albert at 65833280.My brother sent his old Philis 1994 matchline CRT TV
for them to repaired 2 years back still working untill now!:D

saIIa6ue

Reaction score
lobang for cheap tv repair services?

My Sony Bravia (KLV32S300A) just decided to break down without warning one fine day. The Sony technican who came didn't even bother to do any check on the tv, just quoted me $400 for parts and $100 for labour since no more warranty. I asked him to go fly kite liao...

Anybody got lobang for cheap tv repair services? budget about $100. cos anymore might as well buy a new unit.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Sony Bravia (KLV32S300A) just decided to break down without warning one fine day. The Sony technican who came didn't even bother to do any check on the tv, just quoted me $400 for parts and $100 for labour since no more warranty. I asked him to go fly kite liao...

Anybody got lobang for cheap tv repair services? budget about $100. cos anymore might as well buy a new unit.

This is why I never want SONY again after my last 29" TV. 4 years old and they say no more spare part to support. Must order from Japan.

saIIa6ue

Reaction score
At least for you they checked the tv. The technician only turn on my tv to see the diagnostics mode. (8 flashes of standby led) then quoted me liao. I called Sony to complain after cancelling the repair. (Still have to pay $32.10) For the waste of my time and money for a problem I already reported when I called for a repair man. Sony has yet gave me any answer. (As usual)

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, once they come to your place. You have to pay for the service charge. Since is just pressing a few button to run diagnostics, not sure why they cannot instruct the customer on phone and quote a estimate base on result.

saIIa6ue

Reaction score
actually in the sony manual, when the tv goes into the diagnostic mode, we are suppose to call to the service center and tell them. (which i did) so don't know why they still must send a technician to come verify the same thing.

anyway, anybody got lobang for tv repair? or anyone got a sony KLV32V300A with power or lcd problem and want to sell me? cos i just need a new main board.

sms me 9threethree947twotwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.