[Official] Aztech FG7008GR(AC) AC2400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are a few aztech 7008 router threads here and there, and i thought we could have a consolidated thread solely for Aztech FG7008GR(AC) model.

This thread will be used for discussion on the usage, troubleshooting, enquiries on how to set up and such. For fibre broadband performance, kindly refer to The Next Generation Broadband Network (NGBN) Forum

AZTECH FG7008GR(AC) AC2400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router
10982705_994316307264563_8136956640886286174_n.jpg

Key features:
Beamforming Technology
Concurrent Dual Band Wireless Connectivity: Wireless-AC data transfer rate up to 600Mbps (2.4GHz) and 1800Mbps (5GHz) frequency band
2 x USB 3.0 Ports to enjoy a faster method of sharing a connected storage’s files throughout the network
Multi-User MIMO
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
Easy Setup and Installation

Aztech FG7008GR(AC) Specifications Singapore
==========================================================
Latest Firmware info:

{Updated as of 16th March 2015}

Latest firmware downloadable here

Firmware Version: 322.6s.2-011
==========================================================
Updated: 5th April 2015.

Suitable for Singtel 200/300/500mbps Fibre Home Bundle, or Fibre Entertainment Bundle+.

As this router supports vlan tagging built-in, users just need to plug and play this router. No additional settings required. As easy as using the singtel's given residential gateway (modem).

I have test this router for use with Singtel's 200mbps. Broadband performance is better than the previous given router, and works well with singtel tv. no pixelation or poor viewing experience.

Last edited:

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried this unit for 1 day and after that top up to AC87U.

I conclude that internal antenna is a No No No.

WWE_Fan

Reaction score
I paired this with Linksys RE6500HG for about two weeks. Impressive for ease of use and that the autoconfig with my Fibre with TV plan works without issues. Unfortunately guest network is missing. Hopefully in next software update?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I paired this with Linksys RE6500HG for about two weeks. Impressive for ease of use and that the autoconfig with my Fibre with TV plan works without issues. Unfortunately guest network is missing. Hopefully in next software update?

Guest network is still available, however only restricted to 2.4Ghz.

You may want to access the advanced portal and look for it under 2.4Ghz basic settings. its at the bottom..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pls change year to 2015

thanks, already amended! xP

No changelog

aztech did not release the changelog, however in this firmware, it carries the latest quantenna driver to address the 5Ghz disconnection when apple devices are connected.

This driver was originally in the 008 version and was not released to public unless upon request. The current 009 version requires a hard reset if there are problems relating to stability issues.

I did a hard reset anyway.

WWE_Fan

Reaction score
How should the firmware be updated to the router? If it saved in a thumbdrive and plugged to the router, can the update be triggered from admin portal?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How should the firmware be updated to the router? If it saved in a thumbdrive and plugged to the router, can the update be triggered from admin portal?

You need to download it to your computer and then upload the firmware through the webUI.

Using usb directly on the router itself doesn't work.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Official firmware update ending with 011 is now live on support site. Refer to #1 for link!

This firmware update is to address wifi issues on 5Ghz with mac machine..

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel or Aztech based GUI?

Support wireless AP mode? :D

Feel like hooting it at $159 during recon.

WWE_Fan

Reaction score
Singtel or Aztech based GUI?

Support wireless AP mode? :D

Feel like hooting it at $159 during recon.

Under Advanced settings, there Bridge mode.

Btw, anyone knows, recently on iPad when accessing the admin portal using google app, some parts of the advanced menu settings are not displayed.
When I launched using Safari, I can access them.
Something to do with apple's latest update?

logicet

Reaction score
After i updated to 011, my 5 Ghz is bricked. Using mac to update btw.

Anyone face similar issues? Reset doesn't work as well. Still able to use 2.4 after resetting though.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyone face similar issues? Reset doesn't work as well. Still able to use 2.4 after resetting though.

what do you mean by bricked?

thiamhui

Reaction score

Try change the 5GHz channel to a lower number (2 digits)…

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.