HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone owns the new 4K DELL XPS 15 (9560) or new HP Spectre x360 15 - Both Kaby Lake

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #1

Anyone owns the new 4K DELL XPS 15 (9560) or new HP Spectre x360 15 - Both Kaby Lake

Hi

Anyone owns the new DELL XPS 15 9560 or the new HP Spectre x360 15?

I'm talking of the 4K Kaby Lake model

The Dell is available at S'pore DELL website. The one with the optional fingerprint feature will likely to come later. The HP model is not available here yet but can be bought overseas

I would like to have some feedback on both leh

Thanks
Apparatus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 03:29 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Hey~ I am thinking of getting the 9560 too~ I think it is a great machine~! Just can't decide whether to get it from the retail outlet or online~ I am scared of being scammed~ Where do you intend to get yours from~?
Old 15-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #3

Re

Hey~ I am thinking of getting the 9560 too~ I think it is a great machine~! Just can't decide whether to get it from the retail outlet or online~ I am scared of being scammed~ Where do you intend to get yours from~?
Haven't decide lah. Need to wait for HP Spectre x360 15 to arrive then have a feel of it vs the XPS 15 9560 then decide lor
Old 15-02-2017, 10:25 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Wah mingli zehzeh also here to buy laptops

yxyxx8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

The HP is using a dual core instead of a quad core and has an older graphics card right~?

Haven't decide lah. Need to wait for HP Spectre x360 15 to arrive then have a feel of it vs the XPS 15 9560 then decide lor
Old 16-02-2017, 12:09 PM   #6

Re

The HP is using a dual core instead of a quad core and has an older graphics card right~?
Yes, I know.

However, if you are looking for one to play 4K games then go for a gaming laptop instead. The DELL XPS 15 9560's dGPU is only good for FHD games
Old 16-02-2017, 02:51 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

What is the advantage of the Spectre over the 9560~? Seem like the same package to me~

Yes, I know.

However, if you are looking for one to play 4K games then go for a gaming laptop instead. The DELL XPS 15 9560's dGPU is only good for FHD games
Old 16-02-2017, 04:12 PM   #8

Re

What is the advantage of the Spectre over the 9560~? Seem like the same package to me~
Comparing to the DELL XPS 15 9560

Both have same commonalities

1) Both come with true 4K touchscreen and thin bezel
2) Both are about the same weight and size
3) Both the CPUs support hardware-accelerated AES encryption using Intel AES-NI instructions
4) Unfortunately, both the Samsung SM961(HP)/PM961(DELL) SSDs does NOT support hardware encryption since they are OEM SSDs

Advantages of the HP

1) Should be attractively cheaper since it's a duo-core
2) Looks sleeker and more aesthetically appealing in its dark color outlook with copper edges
3) It has better support for eGPU (like the Razor Core and ASUS ROG XG2) if I'm not wrong
4) It comes with a faster SAMSUNG SSD (SM961). Make sure you get the one which has a SAMSUNG SSD and not the slower TOSHIBA SSD
5) It has more stable INTEL 8265 wifi vs DELL's KILLER wifi (apparently KILLER just updated to a more stable wifi driver - awaitinig feedback)
6) Pen support
7) Its cooler and less noisy especially when playing games
8) Longer battery life. For work it clocks at about 8 - 9 hrs. (DELL is about 6 - 7 hrs)
9) Has 1xHDMI 2.0 port which can output 4K@60Hz

...and of course it also comes with disadvantages

Disadvantages

1) Its screen wobbles more since it's a convertible
2) Its screen color accuracy is not as good as DELL
3) Its weaker dGPU means it can't play FHD games as well as the DELL
4) No external battery gauge
5) It charges using one USB port so it'll have one USB port less for use as compared to the DELL
6) HP does not come with many accessories like DELL's TB dock, fingerprint scanner etc
7) It comes with duo-core and lower speed RAM. DELL comes with quad-core CPU and higher RAM Speed

Unconfirm

1) DELL's TB3 port confirms output at 16Gbps (i.e. at TB2 speed) with its 2xPCIe lanes. HP is still yet to be confirmed but looks like it can run at 32Gbps (i.e. TB3 speed with 4xPCIe lanes)
2) Whether HP supports BIOS and UEFI for boot up (DELL supports both)

DISCLAIMER

The above info is accurate to the best of my knowledge. Users are required to confirm the accuracy of the info themselves

Last edited by Apparatus; 20-02-2017 at 09:24 AM..
Old 16-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

OMG~ Are you God of laptop or something~? Now I am undecided~!

Comparing to the DELL XPS 15 9560

Both have same commonalities

1) Both come with true 4K touchscreen and thin bezel
2) Both the CPUs support hardware-accelerated AES encryption using Intel AES-NI instructions
3) Both boot up using BIOS and UEFI
4) Unfortunately, both the Samsung SM961(HP)/PM961(DELL) SSDs does NOT support hardware encryption since they are OEM SSDs

Advantages of the HP

1) Should be attractively cheaper since it's a duo-core
2) Looks sleeker and more aesthetically appealing in its dark color outlook with gold edges
3) It has better support for eGPU (like the Razor Core and ASUS ROG XG2) if I'm not wrong
4) It comes with a faster SAMSUNG SSD (SM961). Make sure you get the one which has a SAMSUNG SSD and not the slower TOSHIBA SSD
4) It has more stable INTEL 8265 wifi vs DELL's KILLER wifi
5) Pen support
6) Its cooler and less noisy especially when playing games
7) Longer battery life. For work it clocks at about 8.5 - 9 hrs. (DELL is about 7.5 - 8 hrs)

...and of course it also comes with disadvantages

Disadvantages

1) Its screen wobbles more since it's a convertible
2) Its screen color accuracy is not as good as DELL
3) Its weaker dGPU means it can't play FHD games as well as the DELL
4) No external battery gauge
5) It charges using one USB port so it'll have one USB port less for use as compared to the DELL

Unconfirm

1) DELL's TB3 port confirms output at 16Gbps (i.e. at TB2 speed). HP is still yet to be confirmed but looks like it can run at 32Gbps (i.e. at TB3 speed)
2) DELL's HDMI port is spec at 1.4. Not sure about the HP's HDMI port
Old 16-02-2017, 04:29 PM   #10

OMG~ Are you God of laptop or something~? Now I am undecided~!
Yes, it's a tough call. You can base on your needs and filter off those not needed features. Also, some written and youtube reviews are now out. Expect more reviews soon
Old 16-02-2017, 05:53 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Will the discrete graphic card make a huge difference if I want to have a dual screen setup to watch YouTube and surf EDMW at the same time~?

Yes, it's a tough call. You can base on your needs and filter off those not needed features. Also, some written and youtube reviews are now out. Expect more reviews soon
Old 16-02-2017, 06:36 PM   #12

Re

Will the discrete graphic card make a huge difference if I want to have a dual screen setup to watch YouTube and surf EDMW at the same time~?
If you are talking of connecting and viewing 2 external screens then you are really super ah.

With one screen running a youtube movie and the other screen surfing EDMW you have one eye on one screen and the other eye on the other screen? Like the chameleon eyes ah

And one hand on one kb and the other play guitar? Then one leg playing piano and the other leg kicking a ball ah

Last edited by Apparatus; 16-02-2017 at 06:40 PM..
Old 16-02-2017, 06:58 PM   #13
High Supremacy Member

No~ But I want to watch YouTube on the notebook screen while surfing EDMW using an external monitor~ 1 graphic card for each monitor to ensure smoothness~

If you are talking of connecting and viewing 2 external screens then you are really super ah.

With one screen running a youtube movie and the other screen surfing EDMW you have one eye on one screen and the other eye on the other screen? Like the chameleon eyes ah

And one hand on one kb and the other play guitar? Then one leg playing piano and the other leg kicking a ball ah

Old 16-02-2017, 07:10 PM   #14

No~ But I want to watch YouTube on the notebook screen while surfing EDMW using an external monitor~ 1 graphic card for each monitor to ensure smoothness~
Are you watching/working two at the same time?
Old 16-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #15
High Supremacy Member

Yes~ I want to watch and post at the same time~!

Are you watching/working two at the same time?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.