NTU Electives Thread

NINJA91

Reaction score
Add drop period is coming and electives will be hot again. I found a few links for NTU electives. Lets us all share info here. Share links or past year mid term if possible here :D

Some prof dont post mid term paper online. I manage to find some blog that actually post them.

Modules Taken During NTU Year 1 Computer Science | Yuan3y's Lab

Lucky Me | NTU Course Registration 2012 | Astronomy | Forensic Science

Summer Leong: NTU Electives review

Elective Bible

https://sites.google.com/site/11564465161a/module-reviews/cm8001

Last edited:

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I shall share one link that I find useful haha..
This link is particularly useful for MAS students so ya..
The dude did include some reviews of the electives he took so y'all can read through the reviews if you want :s12:
Are you out there, where the rainy days begin?

Last edited:

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I shall review one elective I took during Y1S1 :s22:

MH8300 - It's a Discreetly Discrete World: Math in Real Life Application

Assessment:
5% - In video exercises for each unit
15% - Online assignment for each unit
30% - Midterm (10 MCQ questions)
50% - Final exam (consists of both MCQ and structured questions)

Comments:
For those people who prefer online lectures, this is the module for you (?) :s12:
All lectures (other than the first lecture and the revision lecture) are posted online! :s13:

Anyway, I found the content taught in the module to be particularly interesting.
The lecture notes are very simple and easy to understand but I personally think that the questions in the tutorials and PYPs are very difficult and tough (I think it's because I don't really know how to apply the theorems and stuff to solve the questions :spin:).

I would recommend this module to anyone that has background in discrete math as I think this course would be a breeze for you :s13:

Oh ya, just to add on, if you're planning to take this module, do get a few friends to take it with you so that you guys can discuss the answers for the online assignment for each unit before submitting as the average score for each online assignment is kinda high (ard 80+ out of 100) :s22:

Last edited:

NINJA91

Reaction score
time table about to be release already.

Please share more elective. Cause i still short of 1 elective haha.

So stress idk what to take.

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
time table about to be release already.

Please share more elective. Cause i still short of 1 elective haha.

So stress idk what to take.

So far, I've only taken one elective so I can't help much :s13:

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Anyone got elective to intro?

That time regis i only put Impact of chem :(

Unrestricted Elective? Try HY2002 Moral Philosophy. GPA booster. I took last sem. I got an A. Easiest mod I took so far. Easier than Intro to Philosophy also. No finals. Assessment is 2 quizzes and one final 'essay'. The 'essay' only 1.4k-2k words, not even an essay lol, its just three questions and just answer all three within the word limit. The 2 quizzes is short answer questions and long answer questions.

Lecturer is damn nice and approachable. Timetable put 3 hours but he usually finish in 2 hours or less.

You can try CM8003 as well. Alchemy to Chemistry. Damn interesting module. Mid-terms and finals are both MCQ. Very easy. but its Pass/Fail so cannot boost GPA.

NINJA91

Reaction score
what time will the electives allocation results be out har :s11:

can use cheat code method to check, usually the night before can check already.

Go to google, search Course Registration, Then click on the link.

Sign in and then see your course registered. Those electives that was originally at the bottom will shift it position if you got it.

Example:

You got CM1021, CM1031, CM1041 which are core. You put BU8201 on waitlist. If you got it, the BU8201 will go on top of CM1021 as B come before C.

I know sounds very messy but try to figure it out yourself :D

Last edited:

swifter78neo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can use cheat code method to check, usually the night before can check already.

Go to google, search Course Registration, Then click on the link.

Sign in and then see your course registered. Those electives that was originally at the bottom will shift it position if you got it.

Example:

You got CM1021, CM1031, CM1041 which are core. You put BU8201 on waitlist. If you got it, the BU8201 will go on top of CM1021 as B come before C.

I know sounds very messy but try to figure it out yourself :D

Is it under check print courses registered

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Its out for some already, its out for me. No email this time around which is weird. Check under Check/Print courses registered. If you get it, it will be 'REGISTERED'. Or else it will be listed as 'WAITLIST'. if its still on the waitlist means you havent got it yet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.