Project Log: TUF Amethyst

K-Dash

Reaction score
Hi HWZoners,

Its been months of thoughts prior to executing this build. This will be a rather slow build but I will share every bit with you guys along this journey.

Please sit back & enjoy.

Sponsor:

Proud & honoured to announce my motherboard sponsor. ASUS SG

VRZ_Signature_-_K-_Dash.jpg

Project theme:

Color will be based on amethyst with a tinch of violet on a backdrop of grey matching to my study desk veneer.

amethyst.jpg

Main color will be rhaspberry purple & dark cool grey with some highlights of violet. Hoping to create 2 subtle base harmony with a splash of contrasting tone.

IMG_6876.JPG

Main reliable components employed that provides warranty with confidence.

IMG_6948.JPG

IMG_6923.JPG

IMG_6906.JPG

IMG_6904.JPG

TO THANK LIST:

1) My wife (CFO) for her yet again understanding on this splurging hobby.
2) My baby boy who agrees to sleep from 9pm~5am.
3) Michelle & JK from ASUS SG for recognising me & their effort to see this sponsorship through.
4) Viewers who will follow me through this journey.

HARDWARE COMPONENTS:

1) ASUS Z87 Gryhon with Armor Kit
2) Zotac GTX 770 2Gb SLI
3) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8Gb 2400Mhz C10 1.65V
4) Samsung Pro 256gb
5) Corsair AX1200

WATERCOOLING WARES:

1)

CASING & FANS:

1)
2) Enermax Magma

MISC:

1) MDPC-X Sleevings
2)

Thanks all for viewing & feel free to comment~

K-Dash

Reaction score
Tips on GPU & Full Cover WaterBlock Selection:

The most common mistake one made is a incompatible GPU block purchase. Thus I will share some tips I learnt along my way.

For my scenario, I will do the guide based on Zotac GTX 770 2Gb.

Running Checks on GPU PCB

1) EKWB Cooling Configurator - CoolingConfigurator.com
Use this as a first guide to check out EKWB's reference GPU water block. If EK's block fits, other brands will most likely fits without issues.

2) Find out your GPU's PCB number if you can find it. Which you can directly email it to the water block maker for checking. I can't find mine, not sure if my eyes are wearing with age or there really isn't any.

3) Always google out the PCB front/back of your desired GPU, for my case Zotac GTX 770 2Gb. Hunt for PCB number from here if there is.

Zotac_GTX_770_2Gb_Front.jpg

Zotac_GTX_770_2Gb_Back.jpg

4) Having known that Nvidia uses GTX 680's PCB on GTX 770, I googled out Nvidia GTX 680's PCB to counter check reliability. Do look out for differences.

Nvidia_GTX_680_PCB.jpg

4) Email your desired block maker asking for the PCB design that they reference from to fabricate their block.

Water_Block_PCB.jpg

5) Lastly, email the block maker of your PCB's pic to triple confirm. Unfortunately my email came back despite all the referencing was no guarantee of 100% fit.

6) I took the gamble & squeezed the trigger & if it fails, I will have to sell the card & look elsewhere just to fit my desired block.

Hope you guys have a better picture on the planning stage for GPU block

K-Dash

Reaction score
How come ASUS so good sponsor this project for you?

I wrote in with my proposal/plans on my this build along with my past completed logs presenting to Michelle/JK.

ASUS SG have been generous in sponsoring me my desired board.

K-Dash

Reaction score
Update #1

TUF Amethyst Motherboard Sponsor. ASUS SG

Choice of Fan:

- Fans I intend to use for this build will be Enermax Magma 1500rpm
- I will be running these fans at max speed of 1500rpm with fan splitter pcb.
- It is a breeze to dismantle the fan blades. Simply push the blades gently as there is a ball bearing hidden inside the blade tube.

IMG_6911.JPG

Preparing for Spray:

- Remove the fan hub's decal by using a hair dryer above the sticker in strokes.
- After removing the sticker, paste it on a piece of wax paper.
- Clean up the blades with alcohol swaps.
- As you will be leaving the fan opened for some time while waiting for the paint to dry. There might be dust going into the bearing or sleeve. Do tape up where/when necessary to prevent paint or dust from entering.

IMG_6912.JPG

Choosing of Spray Can:

- I will be using Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Gloss Grape.
- It comes with primer which saves me the trouble of spraying on primer. Sorta AIO.
- It indicates "Also bonds with Plastic" which good for most fans & of course my Gryphon Top Armor Kit.
- This spray displays "2x Coverage". It is very thick & rich.
- Always go single coat without missing any blind spots as trying to spray on overlooked parts in less than 20secs after the first coat is done will dull the gloss.
- Due to its "2x Coverage", I realised this spray needed more than 16hrs before one can flip to spray the under side. Failing to out patience the wait will result to fingerprint & paint peelings.
- Do not attempt to spray at dusty environment as the dust specks will stick to the sprayed area like a fly trap.
- Try best to avoid rainy weather as it will result to color which is paler.
- Do not attempt to use hair dryer to hasten the curing process as it will create air pockets, bubbles or dull the surface.
- Leave the sprayed items in an airy cool place without much dust. Best will be indoor cooling.

IMG_6920.JPG

Assembly of Blade:

- Since you have already dismantled, might as will grease the bearing assembly.
- However I make do with what I have & applied some tiny bit of Singer Oil instead.
- Do not be greedy on the application of lubricates, go gentle & as tiny as possible.
- Having a fan which is easy to dismantle, lubricating can always be done again when you are free without much hassle.

IMG_69261.JPG

IMG_69251.JPG

2013-07-08_21_20_45-12.jpg

K-Dash

Reaction score
Spraying on Accessories:

- Get a styrofoam board & pin them on it.
- However I ghetto did it with what I have plenty. Masking tape & cardboard boxes.

IMG_69961.JPG

Question to my Guests:

- With or without hub sticker looks better?

IMG_69341.JPG

IMG_69361.JPG

Camera & Editing Photos:

- I will be using my humble Cannon S90 to take JPEG formats.
- Editing will use what I have in my PC, Microsoft Office 2010.
- Take note of the variants of the purple I took in white & warm light environment.

IMG_69401.JPG

IMG_69331.JPG

K-Dash

Reaction score
Lastly, some Teasers:

IMG_70011.JPG

IMG_69982.JPG

Thanks all for viewing~

Next update will be a long wait as main dishes are still touring Europe on budget shipping. :(

K-Dash

Reaction score
Update #2

Choice Of CPU:

- I7 4770K
- Its better to be "Will you Make It?"

IMG_70031.JPG

Choice of Sound Card:

- I am very sure the whole SLS is loaded with this USB sound card just 2 weeks ago.
- However just last weekend, I bought the very last piece SLS have.
- Not to worry, restock will be today.
- ASUS Xonar U7 for the clean casing interior, since I have ample desk to put it & a short headphone cable.

IMG_70061.JPG

Choice of Monitor:

- Took me months to decide as I am coming from U2711
- Its initially was Dell U2412M 24" E-IPS for the 5yrs warranty support or
- Philips 298P4QJEB 21:9 29" AH-IPS to have a fresh view
- It feels like an obvious downgrade if I would to go for U2412M while Philips 29" might just gives me blind spot again as I am sitting about 0.4m away from desk.
- Eventually I went with the Philips 242G5DJEB LED 24" 144Hz with 2ms.
- I will combo this 144hz with frame limiter for the best butter smooth gaming experience I can squeeze out of my cards.
- Its a pity it doesn't supports lightboost but from my experience, lightboost is most needed on 27" 1080p monitors while not necc for 24" 1080p.
- I got lucky again, no defects nor bleeding. However a very unnoticeable misty over bottom left corner. Its really pretty hard to tell as my bro claims he sees nothing.

IMG_70051.JPG

Last edited:

K-Dash

Reaction score
Update #3

Dry Run on Air:

- Fixed up air cool, running side panel open case.
- I7 4770K + 16Gb 2400Mhz CL10 + GTX 770 SLI
- Xigmatek Dark Knight with 1x 120mm push fan.
- Zero casing fan other than 1x 35mm fan on Gryphon Armor Kit.
- Ambience Air-Con 24 degrees.

IMG_7004.JPG

Intel Burn Test Temperature:

- All Stock
- Linpack Win7 SP1
- Standard 10 runs

uhc7.png

GPU Load Temperature:

- DOTA 2 tutorial 40mins.
- Hawken Tutorial 30mins.

w8n1.png

More Colors:

- Rope in some CF
- Harmonious colors with a splash of violet

IMG_70101.JPG

K-Dash

Reaction score
Tips on Purchasing Watercooling Toys from Online Vendors:

- I will be providing the most straight forward solution to purchasing online watercooling toys.
- This is definitely not as complicated as ordering from t@obao or newegg etc.
- I will not be covering Comgateway as personally don't find the need unless you are doing Mass Ordering with total weight surpassing 15kg incurring heavy shipping charges.
- Always try to buy consolidated order from just one vendor to cut down on shipping charges.
- Always check the price difference of the shopping cart list of Performancepc vs Frozencpu & watch out for any substitute cheaper options from either one to compile a consolidated order cart from just one vendor.
- Every vendor varies on the selection of watercooling items, so do keep your eyes open while doing your shopping.
- If you managed to get a cheaper consolidated shopping cart through either one of the vendor but missing some items due to the particular vendor not offering them in their shopping list, do email them to check or look for substitute.

1) PayPal Account:

- I personally prefers closing online transaction with secured log in as I tend to close some transactions using office pc or mobile phone on the go.
- Opening & registering a PayPal account is easy, all you need is credit card / valid email address / billing address / shipping address.
- Do bear in mind that PayPal charges 0.7% on the total sum of each transaction done.
- I personally prefers to use debit card on PayPal as the debit is immediate which can prevent overspending & for security reasons.

1a) Add/Edit Credit Cards:

- If you would like to add more credit/debit cards on your PayPal account.
- After entering in the new credit/debit card details, PayPal will invoice you a $3sgd on the new credit/debit card that you have added thus generating a 4 digit code which will appear in your bank statement.
- PayPal will also email you the 4 digit code first.
- To confirm the new credit/debit card, you have to log in to PayPal, under notifications, confirm my debit or credit card to enter the 4 digit code.

1b) Sending Limits:

- PayPal by default will grant you unlimited sending limit
- However they will freeze your limit the moment you hit $7,500sgd total in transaction using PayPal.
- You will be receiving an email to notify you of this incident followed by a phone call from PayPal sg.
- All you need to do is to provide proof of your registered name & billing address.
- The proof can be your Identity Card or utilities bill.
- Scanned the needed documents(1.28mb each & 5mb max) & upload to your PayPal account by resolution center.
- The confirmation can be hasten & completed within 2hrs by calling up the provided PayPal sg number.
- If you are making a very large order amount in several invoices, you have to take note of this hidden clause.

2) Performance-PCs:

- They just added in FedEx for their shipping option which is cheaper than USPS by estimated 15% on economy.
- They do their packing in a more compact form using the correct size of boxes & packed up full with foam peanuts for protection.
- PPCs are more prompt & detail with their replies on enquiries.
- Most items on PPCs are relatively cheaper by 2~3% as compared to Frozencpu.
- PPCs USPS economy shipping takes 18~26 days to reach & uses Speedpost in sg.

3) FrozenCPU:

- They uses USPS for shipping as their most economy option.
- Although I have ordered both from PPC & FrozenCPU using USPS economy, I received FrozenCPU's order in 7~9 days.
- USPS uses Speedpost in sg.
- They do their packing using larger boxes & filled up with a lot of corrugated paper rolls.
- FrozenCPU's boxes mostly arrived beaten as the empty space are too much within their boxes.
- Their replies for enquires is each per day per email address it seems, mis-leading, avoidance, impatient, brief, doesn't communicate well among own colleagues under different department. Worst is they can't seems to understand my questions in English & I swear I composed in points.

4) Discount Codes:

- Remember to use them during checkout under discount code
- PerformancePCs - ocn55 = Less 5.5%
- FrozenCPU - pcapex = Less 5%

5) Aquacomputer:

- They uses Desutsche Post DHL for shipping as their most economy option.
- However their shipping charges are fixed rate $60sgd no matter how much you squeezed into your shopping cart.
- Aqc replies on enquiries are the best I have experienced & they make it a point to indicate each reply with number tagged as reference from your email address which is easier for you to check back with them by quoting number.
- Aqc's replies are always fast, professional, genuine & giving alternative at the same time.
- If you are eyeing their ams rads, they now work on first come first serve basis & make upon order. Waiting time is 2~3 weeks prior to shipped.

6) MDPC-X

- They uses Desutche Post DHL for shipping as their most economy option.
- Once you ordered from MDPC-X, Nils will send you an invitation to the MDPC-X family forum where a lot of good build logs/guides/photography are born.
- The color of the sleeve displayed on their website are mostly shot in dark environment but accurate to reference.
- They now operate their online purchases for international orders based on timing window which will be displayed on their international webshop refreshed each day. Simply convert it to GMT +8 & camp for their opening hours to make the purchase.
- During the closed timing which you can't view the products, you can proceed to MDPC-X Germany site to view.
- Economy Shipping takes 10~16 days to reach & uses Singpost courier in sg.

7) CaseLabs:

- For orders to Singapore, you have to send in via email.
- Best to use the email address that is tagged to your PayPal account.
- Billing will be through PayPal preferred unless you want do funds transfer or TT.
- Ask for flat packed which will save you estimate 20% shipping. The assembly is simple & usually completed within 2hrs.
- Remember to remind Carla to make use of Tuesday special shipping rate which can save another 10% shipping.
- Send email to: jim@caselabs.net cc: Carla@caselabs.net
- Their reply comes in 2~4 days due to overwhelming response atm.

7a) Sample CaseLabs Ordering Format:

SKU: SM5
Case Color:
- Door: Black Matte
- Chasis: Black Matte
- Motherboard Tray: Black Matte
- Flex Bay Covers: Black Matte
- Front Cover: Black Matte
- Top Cover: Black Matte
- PCI Covers: Black Matte
- Switch Plate: Black Matte
Orientation: Standard
MB Door Style: Window (Clear)
Cable Side Door: Solid
Top Cover: Ventilated (STD)
Top Chasis Mount: Drop-In Style with 120.3 Mount = $19.95
Bottom Chasis Mount: 120.3 Radiator Mount
I/O Panel: USB 3.0/HD Audio = $25
Flex Bay Covers: Ventilated = $10
PCI Backplate: Hex Mesh
Qty: 01
Price: $404.90

Accessories:
a) MAC-383 120.2 Flex-Bay Radiator Mount (6 Bay) (Qty: 01 Black Matte) = $32.95
b) MAC-213 Flex-Bay 5.25 Device Mount - Short Adjustable (Qty: 01 Black Matte) = $6.95
c) MAC-126 Flex-Bay 5.25 Device Mount - Standard Anti-Vibration (Qty: 01 Black Matte) = $10.95
d) MAC-310 SM5 120.3 Radiator Drop-In Mount (Qty: 01 Black Matte) = $19.95
e) MAC-204 Flex-Bay 5.25 Device Mount - Short HD Anti-Vibration (Qty: 01 Black Matte) = $10.95
f) MAC-298 Hex-Mesh 120mm fan hole (Qty: 01 Black Matte) = $9.95

Shipping Address:
Singapore
xxxxxxx
S(xxxxxx)
(Attention to xxxx)

Payment Mode:
PayPal

8) Bitspower:

- Payment preferred for security reasons will be PayPal via sending money.
- As there are tonnes of varieties of fittings on their webshop, patience is needed to hunt down each & every single fittings you will be purchasing.
- Do not reference from other online vendor's SKU number else it will be confusing as hell when you eventually send the RFQ to BP TW.
- Head to BP TW webshop to write down each particular fittings' SKU number & quantity.
- After few orders from BP TW, one will know how their SKU works as its practically their thread size, color & function.
- After noting down all the SKUs & quantity needed, send in to: Vincent@bitspower.com / shop@bitspower.com.tw & cc: coco@bitspower.com / info@bitspower.com
- Ask for free shipping / discounted shipping / discount on fittings, they will most likely grant you either 2.
- Their price are often cheaper by 15~30% as compared to PPCs or FrozenCPU.
- Their reply comes in 3~8 days depending on their workload or events.
- First reply will be prices in USD beside each item.
- Once you confirm, the second reply will be the invoice.
- There is always typo or missing items on their commercial invoice, please check & screen through at least 3 times.
- The commercial invoice number will be somewhere on the top left indicated "No: BP-CI20xxxxxxxxxx"
- Once you confirmed the invoice with BP, they will send you a link identical to how CaseLabs does.
- There are chances that the link fails but not to worry, you can send the payment through PayPal to BP.
- Log in to PayPal & send the money to order@bitspower.com & indicate a remark with the invoice number.
- PayPal will send you a statement & you forward it to Vincent & Coco.
- BP TW will ship using either EMS or UPS depending if its free shipping to you.
- Local courier will be SpeedPost.
- Free shipping usually 16~20 days.
- If in doubts, always call in to BP TW @ +886-4-8819330 to look for Coco.

8a) Sample Bitspower Ordering Format:

Color: Silver Shiny
1)11x G1/4" IG1/4” Rotary 90degrees Adapter (BP-90R2)
2)2x G1/4” IG1/4” Rotary 30degrees Extender (BP-30R)
3)3x G1/4" Rotary 45degrees IG1/4” Adapter (BP-45R2)
4)1x G1/4” Rotary Fitting “Q” Plus 360degrees (BP-QR-C)
5)2x Multi Link Adapter (BP-WTP-C47)
6)1x Crystal Link Tube Set For 2 Slot
7)3x Crystal Link Tube Set For 3 Slot
8)2x G1/4" IG1/4" Extender (BP-WTP-C40)
9)2x G1/4" IG1/4" 15mm Extender (BP-WTP-60)
10)2x G1/4" IG1/4" 20mm Extender (BP-WTP-61)
11)1x G1/4" IG1/4" 25mm Extender (BP-WTP-62)
12)2x G1/4” Fitting Spacer (BP-WTP-C25)
13)2x G1/4” Fitting Spacer – Mini (BP-WTP-C43)
14)1x 3/8” Sealing Plug (BP-WTP-C32)

Color: Matte Black
1)1x G1/4" Dual Rotary 90degrees Compression Fitting ID3/8” OD5/8” (BP-CB90R2CPF-CC3)
2)4x G1/4” Dual Rotary 45degrees Compression Fitting ID3/8” OD5/8” (BP-CB45R2CPF-CC3)
3)1x IG1/4” “L” Fitting 90degrees (BP-CBLMB)
4)1x G1/4" High Flow ID3/8" OD5/8" Compression Fitting (BP-CBCPF-CC3)
5)2x G1/4" IG1/4" 15mm Extender (BP-CBWP-C60)
6)2x G1/4” Case Top Water Fill / Through Hole Fitting Set (BP-CBWP-C04)

Color: Deep Bold Red
1)19x G1/4" High Flow ID3/8" OD5/8" Compression Fitting (BP-DBRCPF-CC3)
2)7x G1/4" Stop Fitting with O-Rings (BP-DBRWP-C06)
3)1x Multi Link Adapter Mini (BP-DBRWP-C48)
4)1x Multi Link Adapter (BP-DBRWP-C47)

Shipping Address:
Singapore
xxxxxxx
S(xxxxxx)
Attention to: xxxx
Phone: xxxxxxxxx

Payment Mode:
PayPal

9) GST:

- For orders over $400sgd is very likely to impose GST 7%.
- However I have had 2 times orders of no less than $900sgd & $700sgd respectively & wasn't taxed.
- The courier will ask you for the 7% in cash or even willing to follow you to nearest ATM.
- Don't be too happy if the courier guy didn't ask for the GST 7% when he leaves as the letter to your billing address seeking for this 7% will arrive within days.
- If you have decided to order from multiple vendors, try to spread the amount & prevent passing $400sgd on per vendor's invoice.

10) Custom & GST:

- At times, things might take longer than you expected to arrive.
- This might be a hint that the packing is large / heavy / passed declared value $400sgd & got detained at the custom.
- The letter from local courier(mostly Speedpost) that the vendor's shipping company is using will be mailed to your indicated shipping address.
- You can call up local courier(mostly Speedpost) to check by quoting your tracking number once status of your order arrived Sg.
- The details will be asking you or assigned to self collect at the Singapore Post Center 10 Eunos Road 8 S(408600)
- The office is ICA Custom right beside Delifrance on first floor.
- For self collect, bring along your Identity Card & vendor's invoice.
- FrozenCPU's invoice never state currency. Just indicate that its in SGD by counter signing beside the amount & pay off the 7% GST via Nets. They don't really like cash.
- You can also opt for local courier to deliver the cargo to your nearest convenient neighbourhood Post Office at an additional of $10.
- The GST 7% & $10 will then be paid at the designated Post Office.

I hope fellow water cooling enthusiast who are greyish about online purchases have a much clearer picture now.

Seasoned players kindly provide more inputs if any.

Moar majestic hootings ahead ya~

K-Dash

Reaction score
Update #4

A Busy Weekend:

- I got shipment in from CaseLabs which I waited 10 days, definitely fast.
- I didn't get the GST despite the case with shipping costs over $800sgd.
- I also received FrozenCPU's order in 10 days on economy USPS.
- GST was incurred by FrozenCPU's order & box was retained by the custom.
- I produced the FrozenCPU's invoice but declared as sgd instead of usd & paid $49sgd instead of $65sgd.
- Thought I could put my hands & brain onto something during this weekend but something came up.
- Friend's pc was down while doing his wedding photos montage half way through.
- Helped him out & discover the refusal to boot happens to be a faulty ram slot & pcie slot.
- Took me 4hrs & eventually shacked out from the shifting of systems around.
- WC toys are piling up bad & I can't find a good time frame to do them.

IMG_7013.JPG

Moar Fans:

- Decided to do something which I got a hang on first.
- Testing out them with the 8-way fan molex splitter.
- All fans worked along with the PCB.
- However PCB starts warming up after 10mins run.

IMG_7017.JPG

IMG_7018.JPG

Moar Color Change:

- Dismantle the blades & alcohol wipes down.
- Took out the stickers but complacent to get the wax paper from my storeroom.
- Simply paste them on the fan boxes as I quite firm that I won't be needing them.
- Sprayed them along with some mobo accessories which I have prepped earlier.
- Need to wait another 48hrs before I will flipped them around to spray.

IMG_7019.JPG

IMG_7020.JPG

IMG_69972.JPG

Casing Arrival:

- I selected Magnum M8 for this build.
- The shipping is $112usd for fully assembled.
- M8's main frame comes riveted unlike tower series, might as well get it assembled for a safer journey.
- My main concern will be the Dark Grey Matte color finish for a start.
- Checked out the color chart & pretty pleased with the tone.
- Hahah! fingerprint proof. perfect!!

IMG_7015.JPG

Last edited:

K-Dash

Reaction score
Update #5

Walk Through of My Magnum M8:

- The finish standards of this casing is top notch.
- I took the basic package of M8 with only motherboard side window leaving the psu side more options of cable routing.
- Color finish will be Dark Gray Matte to match my custom desk which is a permanent fixture.
- I have owned good casings like CM/Silverstone/Lian Li & none of these came close.
- All rivets & catches are powder coated together & I am pretty sure there isn't any visible eye sore.
- The powder coating is impregnable covering all hidden seams.
- The fingerprint proof texturized finishing is something I am unaware & definitely a perk.
- I already can imagine me caressing/molesting my M8 during gaming sessions without leaving a single trace.

IMG_7039.JPG

IMG_7028.JPG

IMG_7054.JPG

The Front:

- I always go for clean faceplate casings & this is no doubt one of the ageless design.
- Just love the simplicity of it with a touch of its logo.
- After removing the faceplate, the ease of 5.25" components securing method is exposed.

IMG_7037.JPG

IMG_7036.JPG

The Faceplate's Securing Mechanism:

- Simple, effective, neat appearance & replaceable.
- I bought a couple of spares just in case it wears out but not likely.
- Metal stud, unlike Lian Li's flimsy plastic.

IMG_7035.JPG

IMG_7034.JPG

K-Dash

Reaction score
The Window Securing Used:

- The nut used ensures the pressure is even out onto a larger surface.
- I have yet un-screw the nuts, if there is an o-ring underneath, it will be perfect.
- My experience with Lian Li/Silverstone is spider web like hairline cracks appears near the bolt down areas after 1yr of use.

IMG_7040.JPG

The Door Hinge:

- Easy to release, install, definitely hardy & replaceable.
- Metal as usual.

IMG_7041.JPG

K-Dash

Reaction score
Motherboard Tray & its Compartment:

- Spring loaded, smooth operation, perfectly aligned & replaceable.
- Handle provided for the extraction of motherboard tray.
- Large cpu socket cut out to accommodate all market available backplates.
- A cover plate behind to shield exposing backplate over at psu compartment.
- Plastic slid in rails, feel smooth & rather oily tracks which could be Teflon.
- The unexplainable gap after the motherboard tray is fully slid in.
- 4 Rubber feet are included to covert it to a test bench.
- All cable routing cut outs are equipped with rubber grommets.

IMG_7044.JPG

IMG_7045.JPG

IMG_7051.JPG

IMG_7046.JPG

IMG_7047.JPG

IMG_7048.JPG

IMG_7049.JPG

K-Dash

Reaction score
Back & PSU Side:

- External radiator support via 4 tube holes.
- Dual PSU option or 2 position option.
- All cables with traced & begin from here.
- Several strategic zip ties anchor points provided.

IMG_7061.JPG

IMG_7058.JPG

IMG_7057.JPG

The Bottom:

- 6x 120mm cut outs for M8 instead of 3 for M10.
- 4x Smooth heavy duty 360 lockable casters.
- I have yet explored the fans spacing if radiator can be accommodated & hopefully 15mm.

IMG_7053.JPG

The Top:

- Top notch perforated cover plate, hardy & rigid.
- Same catching mechanism as the front face plate.
- Able to accommodate a lot of 120s rad fan spacing options due to adjustable slots.
- Fan cable management slot available.
- Can opt for 120, 240 or 360 rads as shut off plate is provided.

IMG_7060.JPG

IMG_7059.JPG

Color Harmony Test with my Work Desk:

- Definitely looks nice to go with the desk.
- Love the tone as compare to regular flat black or anodized.

IMG_7025.JPG

Definitely the best I have come across. No regrets whatsoever, just can't bear to do any mods onto it.

K-Dash

Reaction score
Update #6

Getting Ready my Chips:

- Been busy with family while things continue to pile up bad.
- Was really shacked from commitments & went for something light for the past week.
- Thought of the convenient way of buying them but realised my colors aren't available.
- Cut some sticker discs out for the fans to seal off the bearing & fan hub areas.
- The cutting with small scissors leave my fingers numbed for 4 days straight.
- Have ordered some simple grease for the bearing figuring out that since I have to change out the stickers.
- Mostly new or under ultilized fans but might as well.

IMG_7022.JPG

IMG_7023.JPG

Package from Aquacomputer:

- This is actually the first wave of order from aqc.
- Sven is definitely helpful, suggesting me to split the orders up due to radiators needing another 3~5 weeks to arrive.
- Aqc willing to share the shipping with me thus I foot $20sgd to split up to 2 shipments.
- I also figured out without the radiators, I can't do much but why not for $20sgd just to molest the toys first.
- Have indicate shipping address to my office but came to home instead.
- My wife handled the GST of $60sgd which left me an earful Saturday morning.
- Lucky I have been sending bills to my office address which I can waive off the GST each work year, else I can't imagine the unimaginable amount of GST I have paid so far.

IMG_7063.JPG

IMG_7065.JPG

IMG_7066.JPG

IMG_7067.JPG

Color Change:

- Decided to change the color of my DBR BP fittings to match purple theme as well.
- Took me 48hrs before I know they stick well on the knurlings.

IMG_7062.JPG

Thanks all for viewing~

Next update will be mainly color referencing, need to tie down on the combination use on individual parts. So far only fans & mobo is fixed, the rest is somehow greyish.

Hope I can deliver more updates but work related projects sudden flooding in is taking a tow of my personal hobby time. I only get 10pm~1am window free atm which is rather hard to focus thus usually gaming.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.