Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

dynastyman

Reaction score
Hey!

Please help me to make a choice here. I've no idea of which shipping service to use. Vpost, borderlinx or comgateway?? Do share w me your experience if you have used them! THANKS!

darkbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey!

Please help me to make a choice here. I've no idea of which shipping service to use. Vpost, borderlinx or comgateway?? Do share w me your experience if you have used them! THANKS!

Borderlinx for me.. Fast and cheap..

ascdf13

Master Member
Reaction score
borderlinx need citibank card , while comgate need posb cards.

correct me if i am wrong as i only uses borderlinx :)

Maikeru

Reaction score
Hey!

Citibank Borderlinx, OCBC ShopOnline, and DBS Online Shopping all use COMGATEWAY.

I have successfully shipped my mobo and scythe shuriken from OCBC ShopOnline. For comparison, I have just ordered my CPU, Memory and HDMI cable from Borderlinx. DBS doesn't seem to be user friendly.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
borderlinx better rate but only for Citi CC holder.
vPost only worth to use when shipping item not more than 2Kg(with the 12% discount pay with UOB credit card promotion.)
above 2kg better go for borderlinx, they having the best shipping rate now(if without any discount) + free Concierge Service.

Comgateway..can search for feedback~~

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do not use CGW for larger items !
I just found out the hard way that their calculation of Freight costs for GST is not the actual freight cost you pay, but they use the weight in kg x S$9.85. There can be a big difference, in my case over S$40. I thought that my shipment CIF value was below $400, end up have to pay GST for whole shipment !

KingOfHell

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
normally i use vpost but i think i kena ripped off, their rates are unfavourable

gonna apply for citi cc rdy

dynastyman

Reaction score
So can i say that vpost is only good when it comes to under 2kg category due to the discount? Without discount, it would be too expensive? Haha. What about the customer service? Do they reply fast as compared to borderlinx or comgateway? Their delivery time? My greatest worry is that my stuffs will be lost during delivery or wad. Haha.

kimura

Reaction score
Citibank Borderlinx, OCBC ShopOnline, and DBS Online Shopping all use COMGATEWAY.

I have successfully shipped my mobo and scythe shuriken from OCBC ShopOnline. For comparison, I have just ordered my CPU, Memory and HDMI cable from Borderlinx. DBS doesn't seem to be user friendly.
Where do you buy your electronics? I'm always afraid that the parcel size is bigger than the product size (e.g. Amazon) cos shipping is dependent on volumetric weight.

Revuelto

Master Member
Reaction score
A big NO to Comgateway. Sucks big time. I registered using HSBC Credit Card, charges anyhow one and no tel. number to call... Their CSO is those online one, like last time IRC chat.. Anyhow charge on my HSBC credit card and not my order... Sent email to Comgateway no reply... Call HSBC then they said this is a third party dispute... Not their problem... Just found out about Borderlinx, so now trying out my 7kg consolidated parcel... Will update on the service soon... Btw, why their condition is must use citibank credit card to pay the retailer for the stuff? Can't i use other credit card for the purchase and Citibank card for the freight charge?

Last edited:

bradputt

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you need concierge service, and for qick OOS items ...CGW is better

boderlinx concierge service sucks. could never get the order thru cos they are too slow on ordering.

So if your doesn't need fast response, i'll still recommend boderlinx.

BTW both of them use DHL now

bianconeri

Reaction score
A big NO to Comgateway. Sucks big time. I registered using HSBC Credit Card, charges anyhow one and no tel. number to call... Their CSO is those online one, like last time IRC chat.. Anyhow charge on my HSBC credit card and not my order... Sent email to Comgateway no reply... Call HSBC then they said this is a third party dispute... Not their problem... Just found out about Borderlinx, so now trying out my 7kg consolidated parcel... Will update on the service soon... Btw, why their condition is must use citibank credit card to pay the retailer for the stuff? Can't i use other credit card for the purchase and Citibank card for the freight charge?
i second dat comgateway sucks big time.. 1) overestimate the assessable value of my items as they use fob calculation method instead of cif (ie. 1.24 * cost of goods) 2) and they got the cheek to charge me 5% admin fee for the gst payment.

in my opinion they prefer you to pay gst so that they can earn the admin fee. i have closed my account immediately. can't let people that i don't trust to handle the shipping.

for borderlinx any credit card for your purchase.. citibank credit card for your charges to ship to sgp (auto)..

lhurgoyf187

Reaction score
Got this from vPost.

301008a.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.