New HP Touchpad Driver that Unlocks Multi-Touch on older Touchpad

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Reaction score
This WHQL Signed driver unlocks multi-touch (2 Finger Scroll) in laptops with older Touchpads that doesn't originally support multi-touch.

Download Links Below (Directly From HP you need opened FTP ports otherwise download WILL FAIL)

For Windows Xp/Windows Vista/Windows 7

Disclaimer: The amount of the feature you will get depends on the hardware version of your touchpad.
Typically you need version 6.2 above.
The screenshot below shows a Version 7.2 Touchpad:

Capture1.PNG

Last edited:

devilcm3

Reaction score
nice find !!!

ya , actually the driver can be modded for any kind of laptops but this worth a shot :D

good to know that not only mac that has the multitouch support

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Reaction score
nice find !!!

ya , actually the driver can be modded for any kind of laptops but this worth a shot :D

good to know that not only mac that has the multitouch support

This is not a modded driver it is WHQL!
Even Modded Drivers cannot unlock 2/3 Finger Gesture so it is actually quite surprising.
The even more surprising part is it unlocks Multi-Touch on Older Touchpad which was always thought to be Non-MultiTouch Capable.
Anyway I will just put this up here.
The Touchpad driver is installable on all OEM Laptops not only HP.

Last edited:

Laker775

Reaction score
ArcticCheetah: The version installation shows 5.10 not 6.5 as shown above. I've uninstalled the synaptics program, rebooted then installed the new driver by double clicking the downloaded file. Several times in fact, yet the version still shows 5.10???

Do I need to manually delete the 5.10 driver to get the 6.5 to install correctly? If so how? Your help to install these much wanted new gestures is much appreciated. Thanks.

Orbiting234

Reaction score
You are confusing HARDWARE versions with SOFTWARE versions.

The hardware version of your particular trackpad is 5.10 and always will be. That number will never change! The OP's is 6.5 and mine is 7.2. Doesn't mean anything! The software version of this installation is 15.0.9.0.

If you've installed the software, that is all you need to do!

ArcticCheetah: The version installation shows 5.10 not 6.5 as shown above. I've uninstalled the synaptics program, rebooted then installed the new driver by double clicking the downloaded file. Several times in fact, yet the version still shows 5.10???

Do I need to manually delete the 5.10 driver to get the 6.5 to install correctly? If so how? Your help to install these much wanted new gestures is much appreciated. Thanks.

neurobash

Reaction score
hmm.. anyone else install this driver and not have the multi-touch options? driver version is 15.0.9.0... :(

kaidomac

Reaction score
This is awesome!! Installed it on my 14" eMachines 620 laptop and it works GREAT! Turns it into a whole new machine - I can actually USE the trackpad now! 2-finger scrolling, 3-finger tap, and 3-finger flick are awesome, thanks OP! :s12:

Chaoticefx

Reaction score
Could the hardware version have anything to do with it? My hardware version is 6.2, and I don't get the 2 and 3 finger scrolling options either...

Running it on an ASUS F8Vr and Win 7 x64 btw.

Last edited:

kaidomac

Reaction score
Could the hardware version have anything to do with it? My hardware version is 6.2, and I don't get the 2 and 3 finger scrolling options either...

Running it on an ASUS F8Vr and Win 7 x64 btw.

fwiw my hardware is Synaptics TouchPad v6.3. Perhaps only 6.3 and newer work?

Laker775

Reaction score
You are confusing HARDWARE versions with SOFTWARE versions.

The hardware version of your particular trackpad is 5.10 and always will be. That number will never change! The OP's is 6.5 and mine is 7.2. Doesn't mean anything! The software version of this installation is 15.0.9.0.

If you've installed the software, that is all you need to do!

Well thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding. Unfortunately it seems that my touchpad hardware does not support this multitouch driver. Laptop is a Gateway M-6862.

Does anyone else have this working on a version prior to 6.3? My hardware version is 5.10. Is this my limitation or is there another solution?

Last edited:

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Reaction score
No one has any real solution to that, because Touchpad V6.3 isn't supposed to be multi-touch capable either.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.