Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sony Xperia XZ

Like Tree133Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #1036
Supremacy Member

I think you are used to the Bright Colours from your Samsung so find Sony colours too dull but you will get used to it after a while as it is more natural and not over saturated.
that's not true - Sony Xperia phone screens are renowned since the Z3 days to have terrible color reproduction, in comparison to the standard sRGB gamut. the screens themselves look good of course, because they are calibrated to be punchy, saturated and vivid (and terrible white balance).

but compare an Xperia screen to, iPhone, Samsung (basic mode), sRGB mode screens from Nexus 6p, HTC 10.. and yeah the colors are off.
Old 30-10-2016, 06:25 PM   #1037
Supremacy Member

that's not true - Sony Xperia phone screens are renowned since the Z3 days to have terrible color reproduction, in comparison to the standard sRGB gamut. the screens themselves look good of course, because they are calibrated to be punchy, saturated and vivid (and terrible white balance).

but compare an Xperia screen to, iPhone, Samsung (basic mode), sRGB mode screens from Nexus 6p, HTC 10.. and yeah the colors are off.
Nevermind the color reproduction, games still looks pretty nice on Z3 than other lcd screens i saw.

On the other hand, oled only started to improve their color reproduction these few years and Sammy is still selling well.
rssd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #1038

Anyone could help comment on how is the GPS accuracy for XZ with Pokemon Go? Especially indoors.

Got see "Unable to get get GPS signal" message for long time/frequently or not?
abcdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 08:28 PM   #1039

Iphone color are good? Dun't think so. Coming from someone who is using a 6S now.
Old 30-10-2016, 10:07 PM   #1040
Supremacy Member

I think you are used to the Bright Colours from your Samsung so find Sony colours too dull but you will get used to it after a while as it is more natural and not over saturated.
Where did you bought your XZ from and what colour did you chose? My XZ display was too warm for my liking that I had to add blue...
Looks like we got different batch of XZ then...
I had seen my fair share of warm and cold display, so mine is definitely warm this time...
Got mine from Sony Store, Forest Blue.

Left: XZ, Right: Z3+
Here's mine. Top XZ. Bottom Note 7. (My camera is on auto white balance so the note 7 looks less warm after tweaking the XZ)

Before tweaking the white balance

After tweaking
omelet likes this.
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 10:32 PM   #1041

Here's mine. Top XZ. Bottom Note 7. (My camera is on auto white balance so the note 7 looks less warm after tweaking the XZ)

Before tweaking the white balance

After tweaking
Interesting..we had the exact opposite panel it seems...

Heres more of my XZ after I undid the tweak (set to default):

Top: XZ, Bottom: Z3+

Top: XZ, Bottom: XA Ultra
Audiology93 likes this.
omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 11:34 PM   #1042
Master Member

Anyone could help comment on how is the GPS accuracy for XZ with Pokemon Go? Especially indoors.

Got see "Unable to get get GPS signal" message for long time/frequently or not?
check that you have wifi scanning turned on to play indoors

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT
tkdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #1043

Hi, anyone using Xperia Transfer Mobile to copy data from old phone to XZ via wifi direct? I am using it to transfer Z5's data over but seems like it is taking forever. Anyone experienced this too?
eciloP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 05:42 PM   #1044

Hi, anyone using Xperia Transfer Mobile to copy data from old phone to XZ via wifi direct? I am using it to transfer Z5's data over but seems like it is taking forever. Anyone experienced this too?
Initially I had difficulties too, uncheck the apps box and it will be fine. I re-download my apps after that.
Shinobimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 10:50 PM   #1045
Master Member

So Sonyshop don't have a good tG for Xz ?
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 10:56 PM   #1046
Master Member

Do Xz got
Ike a protective case to recommend
Ike otterbox ?
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 11:53 PM   #1047
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks like we got different batch of XZ then...
I had seen my fair share of warm and cold display, so mine is definitely warm this time...
Got mine from Sony Store, Forest Blue.

Left: XZ, Right: Z3+
What if all the displays are set to default WB?
Rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:04 AM   #1048

Mine finally done after more than 12 hours. Luckily I was on leave and I just let it run. Btw, we can no longer toggle LTE on and off in the quick settings? Another thing I noticed is that the screen brightness bar sometimes will revert to the lowest setting by itself.

Initially I had difficulties too, uncheck the apps box and it will be fine. I re-download my apps after that.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:15 AM   #1049
Supremacy Member

Mine finally done after more than 12 hours. Luckily I was on leave and I just let it run. Btw, we can no longer toggle LTE on and off in the quick settings? Another thing I noticed is that the screen brightness bar sometimes will revert to the lowest setting by itself.
not sure about the first point. but for your 2nd point, did u turn on adaptive brightness?
Old 01-11-2016, 01:33 AM   #1050

not sure about the first point. but for your 2nd point, did u turn on adaptive brightness?
Yup, adaptive brightness is turned on. Did not encounter this when I was using Z2 and Z5.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.