Problems/Bugs Found in Sony Xperia Z2

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Thinking of starting this to consolidate the lists of issues found on this phone, so that we can share if there are any solutions available.

Eg

1) Sensitivity of screen is bad after pasting glass protector.

Solution: Update new firmware via Sony PC companion using the USB cable.

2) Some reported camera overheated during intensive photo shooting and video recording, camera app will shut down.

Solution: Non available yet.

3) Some reported gap/ alignment issue in white color set

Solution: Reject the set during inspection before purchase, or choose black/purple set which does not seem to have this problem.

.......... feel free to expand the list.

mahjongace

Reaction score
overheating

Hi,

i'm a new user of sony Z2....everything was good when i used it the first day yesterday...but today...after charging over magnetic dock throughout the nite from 0%....when i turn on the phone, it heats up instantly...even though i'm only using whatsapp..

my battery at 7.30am today was 100%...now i'm left with 78%....after minimal usage...using whatsapp most of the time....the weird thing is...the battery cooled down after my usage when screen blacks out....battery % nvr moved....but when i start to use it...the % drops bit by bit..

I've already did a firmware upgrade on Sunday....but I nvr did factory reset though...so most of the bloatware are still there....from M1...is this supposed to be a problem?

kaylessa

Reaction score
i feel that the tap to wake is not quite responsive after you immediately take out from pocket for sometime. After a few sec, it behaves well.

Last edited:

bAbyfAte

Reaction score
1) discovered a dead pixel at the bottom right of the phone.

2) ringtone is always loud at the preview of alarm or volumes, but when phone rings for an actual call its quite soft.. vibration is strong though.

3) screen is sometimes still not very sensitive even after firmware upgrade. using normal clear screen protector bought from the sony store at wisma.

spiez1

Reaction score
hi i have these issues:

1. remote sharing

successfully paired my device with laptop. when i try to connect to from mobile phone, status is connecting for up to 3 mins. in the end it says not successful.

2. music

downloaded music files yesterday and was playing it whole day. this morning after I updated my firmware and tried remote sharing, i cant find my files anymore

3. for heavy usage like games and photo, the system issues overheating warning

4. runtastic activation code.

i entered the free code already but i still cant use the app from smart watch

Last edited:

kurtisnet

Reaction score
Issues with my z2 white

Gap at top, but front camera not affected
Squeaky sound when applying pressure to screen with a hand at top left and bottom right

Solution.. Visit Bishan Sony, ask them escalate for one to one replacement in few days time

k0g3pAn

Reaction score
Issues with my z2 white

Gap at top, but front camera not affected
Squeaky sound when applying pressure to screen with a hand at top left and bottom right

Solution.. Visit Bishan Sony, ask them escalate for one to one replacement in few days time

bro u manage to get one to one from them for the gap issue? what to tell them ah when i go there? mine bought like on sat launch day...

kurtisnet

Reaction score
bro u manage to get one to one from them for the gap issue? what to tell them ah when i go there? mine bought like on sat launch day...

The guy acknowledged the issue and told me need a few days to escalate then will do one to one replacement. There's no mentioning of repair at least. They don't need you to leave your phone behind either. They will take a pic of the gap problem and will call you when replacement stock is ready

nlst74

Reaction score
The guy acknowledged the issue and told me need a few days to escalate then will do one to one replacement. There's no mentioning of repair at least. They don't need you to leave your phone behind either. They will take a pic of the gap problem and will call you when replacement stock is ready

so the gap issues considered solved with 1-1 exchange.:)

so the camera heat and auto shutdown leh? this is 2nd most serious to me personally..:(

k0g3pAn

Reaction score

thanks bro, i am heading to bishan now..

k0g3pAn

Reaction score
I was fully prepared to bang table you know haha. The outcome was kinda better than expected

Bro iwas served by an auntie. She say bishan sony only do repair. No exchange. How?

Anyway guys will m1 shop applies lemonlaw for one to one exchange? Since is just barely 3 days.

lucianara

Reaction score
Keep losing connection in Wireless Media Transfer.

Not sure is it because of Stamina Mode which cuts off the Wi-Fi, so connection lost. But then I can't find a way to keep the connection active even when screen is off :s11:

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
Keep losing connection in Wireless Media Transfer.

Not sure is it because of Stamina Mode which cuts off the Wi-Fi, so connection lost. But then I can't find a way to keep the connection active even when screen is off :s11:

Try the WIFI settings, under Advance, Keep Wi-Fi on during Sleep, see if it's Always.

kurtisnet

Reaction score
Bro iwas served by an auntie. She say bishan sony only do repair. No exchange. How?

Anyway guys will m1 shop applies lemonlaw for one to one exchange? Since is just barely 3 days.

I saw her serving two customers beside me. Doesn't look very kind. Lucky I got served by the same guy who attended to me when my Z kena water damage.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.