Keppel T&T - Telecom. & Transport *Official* (SGX: K11)

Reaction score
Take a look at Keppel T&T,

Bullish ascending triangle, breakout from 200dMA, MACD Divergence, rising OBV.
2012Sep-KepT%26T-1920x1260.png

Fundamentals not bad too, with most rising since 09 crisis.
keppelt%26t.PNG

Fundamentals not bad too, with most rising since 09 crisis.

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TA wise not bad. But FA wise it's bad. It's dividend payout doesn't look sustainable. It paid out more dividends than oper cash flow in 2007-2009.

Anyway, its stock price plunged from almost $5 in 2008, and never recovered. Quite surprising for a Keppel brand name stock.

Last edited:

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
burst liao ah?
logistics/warehousing companies like all bursting
dun know why
rook at GLP

Reaction score
keppT%26T%20boom.PNG

I waited patiently for 3 months... finally broke out.

Now, i face a new problem. I'm a newbie so for this kind of movement, with no resistance points, how will i know when to take profit? Im thinking of waiting for it to hit 20% or waiting 1 month like the previous breakout. Or should i look for candle stick patterns?

Thanks guys, need your advice on this.

flyfox

Reaction score
Keppel T&T

Hi all,

Any thoughts on the spinoff for Keppel T&T's Data Centre.

I have added at 1.4+ and another 2 lots recently at 1.73.

Kinda regret though adding at 1.73. After the earnings, the stock went up, but seems to close downwards yesterday upon the announcement of the data centre reit. Early this year, the spike to 1.9+ is due to the fact that the data centre reit spinoff price is about 500mil, so it has been kinda fully priced in. However, kind of a disappointment from the announcement after it costs about 200-400mil only.

Why I like Kep T&T:
-Datahub achieving almost/full occupancy.

-I am not too sure if you'll have seen a datacentre storage before- to house computer systems and big servers, or telecommunications. Usually the lease will be long and not easily to be shifted like retail/industrials sector. So i expect some stability in earnings here. (Pardon my English)

-This company has still room to grow.
More growth after completion of Tampines Logistics Park warehouse in Singapore, and Tianjin Eco-City Distribution Centre in China. They are also developing
the food logistics park in Anhui and Jilin provinces in China
They are expanding their footprints to Australia and they will continue to generate more revenue.

Not so good about the company:
-High p/b value. about 1.8~2X. Should drop abit after the spinoff.
-Dividend not fantastic enough. Compared to telco. Ok, I know their plans to reinvest the cash for expansion..oh well

Neutral side
Pe reasonable. for a PE of 14, i expect a growth of 14% per annum to justify it. I believe it can be done for a few years.

My concern from the TA point of view, is that the stock on Friday closed with a relatively high volume than the past 3 days. It seems to me like BB taking profit or something.

Actually when the index is in an uptrend it's best to buy bluechips. I have added some good ones like Sembcorp but didnt manage to catch Singtel.
Kep T&T is a good stock, but I seem to bought it at a wrong time.

Personal Conclusion: Maybe too early to tell, 200 and 400mil is a big difference, so hard to actually value it now. But still good to hold for long term.

anyone care to share your views? Thanks!

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanted to initiate a position on Keppel T&T. But after research, I found that many high level executives involved in its data center operation resigned after the announcement of the REIT few months back. It was a red flag to me, and I decided against investing in it.

Perhaps SembCorp or OCBC at PER10-11 is a better investment.

flyfox

Reaction score
I wanted to initiate a position on Keppel T&T. But after research, I found that many high level executives involved in its data center operation resigned after the announcement of the REIT few months back. It was a red flag to me, and I decided against investing in it.

Perhaps SembCorp or OCBC at PER10-11 is a better investment.

Sembcorp is a good investment.
Financials at about 10 is considered quite fully valued though.

Erm. well it's not a good sign that they resigned, but i ll probably look deeper rather than just conclude that it's a bad investments.

Another thing good for Kep T&T is that should the PSA at Tuas is completed they would bring in more demand for Keppel Logistics and also KeppelDistripark

chewjekhui

Reaction score
Can we consider the data centre REIT as like a telco kind of share? Div yield so low for the data centre REIT.

Somemore Keppel got past history of diluting shareholders as evident in Keppel REIT and Keppel Land. Shld pay more for this risk premium! :s13::s13:

PATrader

Reaction score
I have added at 1.4+ and another 2 lots recently at 1.73.

My concern from the TA point of view, is that the stock on Friday closed with a relatively high volume than the past 3 days. It seems to me like BB taking profit or something.

from a TA point of view, you bought at a high (1.73) , that's a NO NO. Your ideal entry is 17 Oct. Of course this is hind sight. But next time you see such scenario, you will know how to enter.

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we consider the data centre REIT as like a telco kind of share? Div yield so low for the data centre REIT.

can look at mapletree industrial if you are interested in higher yield.
and it has a data center under its portfolio.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.