HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Religare Health Trust *Official* (SGX: RF1U)

Like Tree172Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Religare Health Trust *Official* (SGX: RF1U)

Religare Health Trust: 8.5 to 9% yield.
A new*business trust*to be listed soon in Singapore, it seems.

Religare Health Trust, which will own assets managed by Indian hospital group Fortis, is offering an indicative yield of 8.5% to 9% for its initial public offering that could raise as much as $500 million. The units offered will comprise about 70% of the total, the source added.

The listing is planned in the third week of October, sources said.

Religare Health Trust has a mandate to invest in medical and healthcare assets and services in Asia, Australasia and emerging markets, Fortis Healthcare has said previously.

Source: REUTERS

Another 'Don't subscribe will bang the wall' , like those who missed IHH , FarEast etc ?
tamogamidan likes this.
Wood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Being more conservative I rather get a lower, almost guaranteed yield from REITs. Biz trusts can choose not to have a payout if they aren't doing well.
doody_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Master Member

Another 'Don't subscribe will bang the wall' , like those who missed IHH , FarEast etc ?
Not at all. This one will probably be a 'subscribe you will regret deep deep' probably along the line of all the other business trusts ever listed on SGX.

If they are anchoring at 8.5% - 9%, it would be trivial for it to hit double digit yield post-listing.

*AVOID* with a CAPITAL 'A'!
Paul Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Giving this a miss... I don't have a good impression of India's economic policies. Its like throwing money into a debt hole,
satayxp and Nif1990 like this.
SpinFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

I too giving a miss, debt too high....
compro_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #6

Avoid, they raise money to clear debt, read some info on it, not gonna enter this.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

Aiyoh , everybody so pessimistic.
Vocal few but silent majority ?

Not many kind soul list their assets to share their wealth
with me . IHH & many IPOs are collecting Vitamin M to cut down debt .
Wood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #8

yea, first two sentences of the article i read already talking about their goal to pay off debts. Save money for Astro's IPO
Wannabe Richer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

yea, first two sentences of the article i read already talking about their goal to pay off debts. Save money for Astro's IPO
Astro listing here meh.
lionelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

Astro listing here meh.
Think it's listing in KL only. I thought SGX linking up with KL exchange? Maybe can buy Astro shares on open market
SpinFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Think it's listing in KL only. I thought SGX linking up with KL exchange? Maybe can buy Astro shares on open market
Link already meh?
compro_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Aiyoh , everybody so pessimistic.
Vocal few but silent majority ?

Not many kind soul list their assets to share their wealth
with me . IHH & many IPOs are collecting Vitamin M to cut down debt .
Which is why I didn't subscribe to IHH. Substituting debt for equity isn't a good business model to me.

Here's a curveball: rupee hasn't been doing well for the last 2 years. The high yield was to offset this currency risk. Question is, is it high enough?
Old 13-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
Master Member

Here's a curveball: rupee hasn't been doing well for the last 2 years. The high yield was to offset this currency risk. Question is, is it high enough?
For your answer, you just need to look at Ascendas India Trust. A Singapore 'brand name' with quality assets and good record but distributions badly impacted by currency rate. Which is why it languishing below IPO price of $1.18. You are looking at a 33% hit in price if you have not 'average down'.

Those who need another example of why business trust is generally a bad investment just need to look at my 'favourite' - Indiabulls Trust (they name their trust correctly - full of bulls). IPO $1, rights issue a yr later at 16c, zero distributions since listing in Jun 2008.

(Vested in both Ai-Trust and Indiabulls)
Paul Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

rupee has been depreciating big time since last yr.

assuming that rupee bounced back. the yield is going to reduce becoz of rupee appreciation
i am assuming this is going to be denominated in USD or SGD.

if rupee continues to depreciate, the operating cost of the company is going to go up simply becoz of exchange issue.

india govt policy is always in a deadlock and reversable becoz of strikes, election ,etc
(for all u pap hater, this is the problem if u want democracy lol)

i worked in delhi, mumbai, bangalore, chennai in the last 1 yr lol
Asphodeli likes this.
Old 13-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

For your answer, you just need to look at Ascendas India Trust. A Singapore 'brand name' with quality assets and good record but distributions badly impacted by currency rate. Which is why it languishing below IPO price of $1.18. You are looking at a 33% hit in price if you have not 'average down'.

Those who need another example of why business trust is generally a bad investment just need to look at my 'favourite' - Indiabulls Trust (they name their trust correctly - full of bulls). IPO $1, rights issue a yr later at 16c, zero distributions since listing in Jun 2008.

(Vested in both Ai-Trust and Indiabulls)
Paul, I don't understand. The picture you paint doesn't look good and yet you remain vested?!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.