Lenovo Miix 2 8 inch Tablet

metavolta

Reaction score
ec2bb687b04802a84c16add5692b54ec.jpg

Lenovo-Miix-2.jpg

Anyone has problem with the 3G model for the Lenovo Miix 2 8 inch tablet?

2852383.png

Last edited:

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
some qns,
1. Only sell 3g correct?
2. Only sell at Challenger
3. No member still can get @ 599
4. Cover got sell and how much?

The 3g possible to make non internet phone call and send traditional sms?

metavolta

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I bought it is because of the cellular function for surfing websites

Not sure why it cannot detect the cellular network .. even if it can detect sim card.. it will only be for a few seconds before going back to "No service "

Microsoft default explanation is that there is possibility that the cellular network is down or mobile broadband is faulty

I tried switching the sim card to my mobile phone and it works perfectly fine...

I also check the device manager and found that the 3G modem by huawei is workin
fine too

Wonder it is software or hardware problem.. I intend to go down to challenger to check again

Anyone facing the same problem?

metavolta

Reaction score
1. Think Challenger only sells the 3G 64Gb version
2. Non members can get it at $699and they throw in Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard
3. Please DO NOT get the cover.. does not work as advertised .. I am getting refund from challenger

HL

Reaction score
Did any one buy the stylus? Does it work? As in can write stuff rather than pointing only.

kewl

Reaction score
1. Think Challenger only sells the 3G 64Gb version
2. Non members can get it at $699and they throw in Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard
3. Please DO NOT get the cover.. does not work as advertised .. I am getting refund from challenger

What cover are you referring to? I got the 64Gb one with free keyboard also, and thought it was a decent deal. When I asked if they have any cover, they said they do not have any yet.

metavolta

Reaction score
I meant the cover and stylus combo @$24.90...

Trying to imitate apple smart cover but fails miserably...

- poor magnetic strip makes the cover flimsy and cover detaches easily.. The stylus is just the normal kind.. Nothing special

- interestingly Challenger is willing to refund the customers who buys it as it does not work as advertise within 7 days of purchase

miragez

Reaction score
Mine also no service. I tried M1, Starhub, Singtel sim card all cannot work.

Will there be an update for this ? I think its got to do with the frequency not set properly to scanning our local network channels. Or is this a defect ?

metavolta

Reaction score
There seems to be something wrong with the Lenovo Miix 2 8 inch tablet for the cellular function.

Went back to Challenger (within 7 Days of purchase) , the staff has notified Lenovo as s several Mixx owners encounter the same issue.... .. not not sure whether it is hardware or software issue

THe staff provided me 2 options:

(1) Go down to Lenovo Service Centre at Kaki Bukit so they can assess the problem
(2) Leave your device with Challenger while they check with Lenovo and if it is confirm hardware problem.. Challenger will do a 1 to 1 exchange when the new batch of stock arrives..

Chosen Option 2 as it is the least hassle for me... see what they say...

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
Surprised to come across this thread.
I managed to get a refund from Challenger after owning the Miix 2 for only 2 days.
When I went to return, the service centre guy told me I was the only person who asked for refund. Turns out I am not the only one...
Anyway, I opted for the refund as I would rather spend the money somewhere else, especially since next week is the IT fair.

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
There seems to be something wrong with the Lenovo Miix 2 8 inch tablet for the cellular function.

Went back to Challenger (within 7 Days of purchase) , the staff has notified Lenovo as s several Mixx owners encounter the same issue.... .. not not sure whether it is hardware or software issue

THe staff provided me 2 options:

(1) Go down to Lenovo Service Centre at Kaki Bukit so they can assess the problem
(2) Leave your device with Challenger while they check with Lenovo and if it is confirm hardware problem.. Challenger will do a 1 to 1 exchange when the new batch of stock arrives..

Chosen Option 2 as it is the least hassle for me... see what they say...

Option 1 should not even be offered as it is the onus of the seller to send it in for check since it is clearly a Lemon set.

metavolta

Reaction score
Wow! I din know can refund...

I think i will choose option 3 also...

(3) Get a refund .. they can have the keyboard back... luckily i did not use at all

savior75

Reaction score
Microsoft Office is also not activated. Can't find any Office product key in the package.

bishan1688

Reaction score
Yes ! Same problem here.

3G very very unstable. Most of the time is No Service.

And the Microsoft Office key is on the licence paper inside the box. It is the same key as Windows 8

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
Ask for refund then.
I felt rather silly when I was told I was the only person who refunded.
I guessed it was because many did not think about refunding...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.