prepaid 3g data sim card in taipei

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now in Taipei and sign up for Chunghwa nt300 5 days unlimited data plan (with nt50 for calling credit) but after checking via sms, there's zero credit. Pls check the balance after they activate for you.

U can call the customer service to check. Cannot be ur credits just fly.

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
for data sim card, only need to provide passport will do?
any place in taichung sell data sim card?

Only passport will do, will suggest to buy when arrived at the airport. It is fast and convenient. You just tell theme what plan you need, pass them the money and passport. They make a copy of your passport and pass you the package with the SIM. You put the SIM card inside te phone and start the phone again, you'll straight away receive a sms to confirm the start and end date plus time of your data service.

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
U can call the customer service to check. Cannot be ur credits just fly.

Have checked with them and said since this is free credit for call, it wont show in their SMS reply. Can call for auto enquiry and it will tell you the balance of free call credit

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have checked with them and said since this is free credit for call, it wont show in their SMS reply. Can call for auto enquiry and it will tell you the balance of free call credit
So not kena cheated la. So dun worry too much on the 50-100NT n enjoy ur trip.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only passport will do, will suggest to buy when arrived at the airport. It is fast and convenient. You just tell theme what plan you need, pass them the money and passport. They make a copy of your passport and pass you the package with the SIM. You put the SIM card inside te phone and start the phone again, you'll straight away receive a sms to confirm the start and end date plus time of your data service.

I thought need another photo proof like nric or driver license with the passport? have they changed their law recently?

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
I thought need another photo proof like nric or driver license with the passport? have they changed their law recently?

I don't know if they hv changed the law but I only handed to them my passport for a photocopy.

VenusInTheDark

Reaction score
think it depends on which telco and where u buy the sim? i bought in taichung from dageda iirc, they requested for both passport and ic. bring ic better

lovehate

Reaction score
Just wanna know, I will be going with my friends and all of us are aged 20. Will we be able to purchase the sim card? I am confused.

xdarrenx

Reaction score
Ok, backed from taiwan, 7am opened at Taoyuan T2 departure hall Chunghwa telco, the lady only requested passport. fast and efficient.
NOTE: its near check-in row 12 or 14, i forget liao.

lyk13

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, which provider has 7-10 day unlimited data? I know DGD used to have but the website currently like only up to 5 days?

Need advice, thanks!

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, which provider has 7-10 day unlimited data? I know DGD used to have but the website currently like only up to 5 days?

Need advice, thanks!
Cht has 1,3,7 days. 5 too buy request over counter. Heard some said: 10-30days oso have.

lovehate

Reaction score
I will be traveling with a group of friends and we are all under 21 (Aged 20 sian). Any way to get sim card there?

Edit: Do you think if we ask the locals there they will help us to get sim card?

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be traveling with a group of friends and we are all under 21 (Aged 20 sian). Any way to get sim card there?

Edit: Do you think if we ask the locals there they will help us to get sim card?

Doubt so. Coz their identity will be kept in record. And each pax cannot have more than one sim from one operator(CHT customer service told me that). So when will u need your cards?

lovehate

Reaction score
Doubt so. Coz their identity will be kept in record. And each pax cannot have more than one sim from one operator(CHT customer service told me that). So when will u need your cards?

3rd July, anyway to help me? I need to use google maps cause we are going for hiking, traveling in more rural areas for sightseeing and contacting our cabbie.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.