Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0_ger

Master Member
Reaction score
The team looked tired. Lack of initiatives and made poor decisions. Can't seems to pass properly and very error prone for many of the more reliable players like VVD and Milner. We didn't have much chance to release the ball to the winger to cross. Poor play from the back due to the agile play by Napoli. They shifted from pressing to parking bus fast and efficient. Later go see Nouman analysis...

I just feel that the few high profile matches and travelling is taking a toil on the players. Hopefully we are back to our usual self this weekend.

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We pressed. Prolly jus not in the intensity we liked.

If you watched the match, napoli got out of our pressing with clever runs into space, positioning, accurate range of passing and muscular strength. Many occasions we failed to contain their midfield. Napoli would also bypass the midfield with long balls behind our mid or def cover because we played high line like them. Needless to say, we couldn't do the same. Outplayed!

We lost heavily on the tactics part. Klopp also mentioned it in post match. This was a game that is not countered with man for man sub. We lost Keita early without klopp's plan of an attack involving him. So we actually couldn't see the original plan klopp has for Napoli. But going forward, klopp can't find a proper way to play his football.

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Klopp was right about chasing after Fekir.
Unfortunately, he did not have a Plan B replacement when the medical failed.
Now, we dun have a ball carrier to the front three.
Not sure Shaq is the suitable candidate to perform this role.
Or else we are really game over with no service to front three.

Is that the reason why we are chasing the MC guy from Arsenal ?

:s13::s13:I missed this video

Best shiat in this video: WE PLAYED LIKE MAN UTD:s13::s13:
10/10 observation.

Oh... abt fekir....
I'm not really sure we can get him again.:(
Stupid kiasu medicals.

econsmagic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the city game will be better

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Naby Keita could play against Manchester City as Liverpool midfielder is given all-clear from major injury scare

There were fears the midfielder had suffered a serious injury in the defeat to Napoli

Naby Keita has been given the all clear after a major injury scare in Naples...and could even play this Sunday.

The Liverpool midfielder was stretchered off with what was feared a serious back injury against Napoli in the Champions' League.

Keita complained of 'severe pain' in his back and was taken to a hospital near the Stadio San Paolo for assessments, as a precaution against complications with his back.

But after tests, he was cleared to return to the team hotel, and will fly back to Liverpool with the squad this morning.

Keita will have further checks with physios at the club's training ground this afternoon, and if he is not suffering too much pain, will be allowed to resume training tomorrow in preparation for the top of the table Premier League clash with Manchester City .

cybertech

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe the saying is right, can only really concentrate on just one competition.
If that is the case, I would say make sure do well and doing it right in the PL matches. I have seen them lifting the CL, FA and League Cup trophies, the only missing one to date will be the EPL trophy.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13::s13:I missed this video

Best shiat in this video: WE PLAYED LIKE MAN UTD:s13::s13:
10/10 observation.

Oh... abt fekir....
I'm not really sure we can get him again.:(
Stupid kiasu medicals.

i doubt so... our medical team is just being extra careful.
no other euro leagues play through winter. only EPL.
no other euro leagues have crazy Xmas/New Year playing schedule. Only EPL.
not all players who flourish in other euro leagues can adapt & flourish in EPL so quickly, like Firmino and Salah

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone noticed Insigne was left alone in the penalty box with lots of space More than once in the 2nd half... Clyne should’ve been sent on in 60-70 min

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
not all players who flourish in other euro leagues can adapt & flourish in EPL so quickly, like Firmino and Salah

It is pretty confirmed that we will not be going back for Fekir.
I think he is hurt by us deep deep after doing all the photo session and interview before the medical.
Dun blame him for rejecting us if FSG suddenly want to take the risk.
It took Lar-Kar-Z one season to get his mojo zeroed for BPL.
He was on the verge of being a laughing stock last season.

However, we may need to built up the midfield wall to get back the ball or else we will be run over very much in the middle.
And Keita and Fab may need one season to get up to the pace.
Keita was also losing the ball at the beginning of the match.

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Haizzz the good old winter games.....

That is Y squad rotation
That is Y squad depth
That is Y quality players

Jus waiting for the fekir to get injured.
So epl can't kill the fekir. :s13:

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone noticed Insigne was left alone in the penalty box with lots of space More than once in the 2nd half... Clyne should’ve been sent on in 60-70 min

Prolly defensively stop gap
But with Clyne... We ain't gonna score that goal to win.
I'm still thinking if we played long ball pressing, we might trouble them. Than again maybe not.

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whole team played badly. as usual kloppsubbed in players too late. he thought subbed in DS15 at 85 min can waste some time n hit them with lucky strike but .....

Miroku90

Master Member
Reaction score
We pressed. Prolly jus not in the intensity we liked.

If you watched the match, napoli got out of our pressing with clever runs into space, positioning, accurate range of passing and muscular strength. Many occasions we failed to contain their midfield. Napoli would also bypass the midfield with long balls behind our mid or def cover because we played high line like them. Needless to say, we couldn't do the same. Outplayed!

We lost heavily on the tactics part. Klopp also mentioned it in post match. This was a game that is not countered with man for man sub. We lost Keita early without klopp's plan of an attack involving him. So we actually couldn't see the original plan klopp has for Napoli. But going forward, klopp can't find a proper way to play his football.

It was a masterclass from Ancelotti. Napoli one touched their way through a very limp front 3 press and ran the channels down the lines. Sarri's chelsea almost did the same thing against us. Pep can learn so much from this game.

I am confident we would be fine in our ucl group stage, the next 2 ucl game is against red star and we should be getting 6 pts from them.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prolly defensively stop gap
But with Clyne... We ain't gonna score that goal to win.
I'm still thinking if we played long ball pressing, we might trouble them. Than again maybe not.

Maybe a flat 4-4-2 would have coped better with that Napoli midfield. Or a diamond 4-4-2. With hendo, wij, milner and shaq spearheading that diamond.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When most of the team are off their game tactics don't matter that much.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ancelotti didn't make much changes to the play style at Napoli... He retained whatever base Sarri built and made Napoli more offensive...

So the current Napoli is more like the evolved stage of Current Chelsea.

Ancelotti is very good at this actually

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would the outcome be different if....
Klopp benched milner and Wij
And started with Fabinho Keita and Hendie?

Imo milner look exhausted.
Played 45mins against soton 22/09, 60mins against Chelsea in league cup 26/09, then almost full 90mins again against Chelsea 29/09 and 76mins against napoli 3/10

Media may paint milner as he's fitter than ever...But His body need more time to recover compared to youngsters like TAA and Robertson.

Salah... The club really need to help him out here. Like seriously... The moment salah gets the ball, 3 napoli players surround him all at once... even messi Suarez and CR7 also will become toothless lah.

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.