Deposits (non FD) to consider to manage concentration risks

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
Looking through the HWZ threads, thought I list down the banks/finance company and insurance linked day2day deposits (non FD) we could consider to manage concentration risks according category:

Banks/Finance company without hoops
1. Maybank iSavvy/Prestige (2 month promo cycle)
2. SCB eSaver (2month promo cycle)
3. CIMB Fastsaver/Starsaver
4. SIF Gosaver
5. RHB HYSA Plus

Banks/Finance company with hoops
1. DBS Multiplier
2. HSBC EGA Set Up
3. BOC Smartsaver
4. SCB BonusSaver
5. OCBC 360
6. UOB One

Insurance-link
1. Singlife - $10k@ 2.5%
2. Etiqa Elastiq/SAVE3
3. DASH Easyearn

Last but not least, CPF OA contribution/housing refund for those near or after 55.:s13:

Feel free to add or refine above list. More helpful if you share your good practices and experiences for the benefits of all.:)

Last edited:

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapura Finance is offering their Vivid account, and it’s roughly similar to SIF’s GoSavers. Citibank still has their MaxiGain account, although it’s not as good as it used to be. ICBC is offering their step up fixed deposits which aren’t really locked like most fixed deposits are. HL Bank still has their iSavings account which is paying decent interest.

If you’re going to maintain a list like this I’d somehow indicate which accounts are not SDIC protected.

You don’t really choose any of these to avoid concentration risks. I’m not sure what you mean by that. They’re reasonably liquid or very liquid accounts for holding Singapore dollars, that’s all. These are Singapore dollars you need for day to day spending and/or for soon upcoming major expenses, such as a down payment on a home or a university tuition bill.

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, for those under age 26, Standard Chartered’s JumpStart account is pretty good.

Caution: Etiqa reserves the right to delay withdrawals by up to 6 months. This affects Dash EasyEarn and the other products they offer.

Last edited:

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
Singapura Finance is offering their Vivid account, and it’s roughly similar to SIF’s GoSavers. Citibank still has their MaxiGain account, although it’s not as good as it used to be. ICBC is offering their step up fixed deposits which aren’t really locked like most fixed deposits are. HL Bank still has their iSavings account which is paying decent interest.

If you’re going to maintain a list like this I’d somehow indicate which accounts are not SDIC protected.

You don’t really choose any of these to avoid concentration risks. I’m not sure what you mean by that. They’re reasonably liquid or very liquid accounts for holding Singapore dollars, that’s all. These are Singapore dollars you need for day to day spending and/or for soon upcoming major expenses, such as a down payment on a home or a university tuition bill.
With massive wave of deposit interest rates reduction, I thought it would be helpful to have a list of Day2Day deposit accounts which still provide decent interest rates. That's why I did not include FDs.:)

Great point on the SDIC protected. As I know, all the options listed are protected by SDIC and can be used to avoid concentration risks like depositing all your funds in a single bank just because of miniscule rate difference.;)

I'm not familar with Singapore Finance, HL Bank and Citibank as I don't use them. Feel free to fine-tune the list.:)

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With massive wave of deposit interest rates reduction, I thought it would be helpful to have a list of Day2Day deposit accounts which still provide decent interest rates. That's why I did not include FDs.:)
I know ICBC calls their Step Up Fixed Deposit a fixed deposit, and that implies you lose all interest if you withdraw prematurely. But that’s not how it works, and it’s really the functionality that matters. With that account you keep all the interest for completed quarters. It seems quite odd to exclude that account but to include Etiqa’s that have possible 6 month delays between withdrawal request and withdrawal fulfillment.

Great point on the SDIC protected. As I know, all the options listed are protected by SDIC and can be used to avoid concentration risks like depositing all your funds in a single bank just because of miniscule rate difference.;)
No, some of these accounts are not SDIC protected.

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
Looking through the HWZ threads, thought I list down the banks/finance company and insurance linked day2day deposits (non FD) we could consider to manage concentration risks according category by not having all your fund with one bank or financial insituition:

Banks/Finance company without hoops
1. Maybank iSavvy/Prestige (2 month promo cycle)
2. SCB eSaver (2month promo cycle)
3. CIMB Fastsaver/Starsaver
4. SIF Gosaver
5. RHB HYSA Plus
6. Singapura Finance Vivid (newly added credit to BBCWatcher)
7. HL Banks iSaving (newly added credit to BBCWatcher)
8. Citi Maxigain (newly added credit to BBCWatcher)

Banks/Finance company with hoops
1. DBS Multiplier
2. HSBC EGA Set Up
3. BOC Smartsaver
4. SCB BonusSaver
5. OCBC 360
6. UOB One

Insurance-link
1. Singlife - $10k@ 2.5%
2. Etiqa Elastiq/SAVE3
3. DASH Easyearn
Caution: Etiqa reserves the right to delay withdrawals by up to 6 months. This affects Dash EasyEarn and the other products they offer.(Credit to BBCWatcher)

Last but not least, CPF OA contribution/housing refund for those near or after 55.

Feel free to add or refine above list. More helpful if you share your good practices and experiences for the benefits of all.

Last edited:

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
I know ICBC calls their Step Up Fixed Deposit a fixed deposit, and that implies you lose all interest if you withdraw prematurely. But that’s not how it works, and it’s really the functionality that matters. With that account you keep all the interest for completed quarters. It seems quite odd to exclude that account but to include Etiqa’s that have possible 6 month delays between withdrawal request and withdrawal fulfillment.

No, some of these accounts are not SDIC protected.
Feel free to highlight those accounts not protected by SDIC.:)

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score

Vivid account up to 20K 1.3%
What is the rate for HL Bank and ICBC Step-up?

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
What is the rate for HL Bank
and ICBC Step-up?
Noted that Vivid is not 1.3% up to 20k. Interest rate is tiered as below:;)
0 to $10,000 1.05%
Above $10,000 up to $20,000 1.30%
Above $20,000 0.25%

https://eservices.sfl.sg/esrv_acc_open_step2.php?type=821defba5ffca6ce5d02d515a2c482cc7dfcc52e

Also fund transfer out via mobile e-Wallet App. This would not work for me and some people. :(
The use of E-Wallet Mobile Application is required for easy transfer of funds to/from savings account to Vivid Prepaid Mastercard

Also noted the non protection of fund in e-Wallet::eek:
Funds stored on the Vivid E-Wallet and/or any Mobile Wallets and the Vivid Prepaid Mastercard and/or any stored value Cards provided by us are not insured deposits under the Deposit Insurance and Policy Owners’ Protection Schemes Act (Chapter 77B of the Singapore Statutes) and are ineligible for protection by the Deposit Insurance Scheme.

HL bank iSaving current promo:
Up to 20k @ 0.88%
Next 180k @ 1.08%

https://www.hlbank.com.sg/en/person...s-account-same-flexibility-higher-growth.html

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
What is the rate for HL Bank and ICBC Step-up?
Currently, for no hoops, no frills bank/financial deposits, looks like SIF go-saver and RHB HYSA Plus are in the sweet spot.

http://www.sif.com.sg/go-saver.php
First $10,000 1.00%
Next $50,000 1.05%
Next $50,000 1.10%
Next $50,000 1.15%
Above $160,000 1.20%

https://rhbgroup.com.sg/others/news...s-account-and-high-yield-savings-account-plus
High-Yield Savings Account Plus (EIR@1.375% up to 100k)
Deposit Balance Amount Interest Rates p.a. (wef 1 July 2020)
First $50,000 1.05%
Next $25,000 1.55%
Next $25,000 1.85%
Above $100,000 0.60%

Last edited:

yongsaver

Reaction score
Have opened too many accounts in recent days. :s22: Life used to be simpler with just a few bank accs.

My placements (from high to low rates):

1. SingLife
2. DBS Multiplier
3. Dash Earn
4. Etiqa Elastic
5. HSBC EGA
6. RHB HY Plus
7. SIF GoSaver
8. HLB Isavings

Once my HSBC EGA cycle ends this month, it will another round of shifting...:s22:

Last edited:

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
Have opened too many accounts in recent days. :s22: Life used to be simpler with just a few bank accs.

1. SingLife
2. DBS Multiplier
3. Dash Earn
4. Etiqa Elastic
5. HSBC EGA
6. RHB HY Plus
7. SIF GoSaver
8. HLB Isavings

Once my HSBC EGA cycle ends this month, it will another round of shifting...:s22:
Yup! Past few months, definitely more work to earn our interest.:s12:
On HSBC EGA, can you not open another new EGA?;)

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. SingLife
2. DBS Multiplier
3. Dash Earn
4. Etiqa Elastic
5. HSBC EGA
6. RHB HY Plus
7. SIF GoSaver
8. HLB Isavings

Wah Korkor so rich,
I only have CIMB Fastsaver, SIF GoSaver and SingLife. Maybank iSavvy, iSavvy-i and POSB is only $500 :(:(:(

Will be considering RHB HY Plus once CIMB Fastsaver promotion ends~

Han Shot First

Reaction score
Currently, for no hoops, no frills bank/financial deposits, looks like... RHB HYSA Plus are in the sweet spot.

https://rhbgroup.com.sg/others/news...s-account-and-high-yield-savings-account-plus
High-Yield Savings Account Plus (EIR@1.375% up to 100k)
Deposit Balance Amount Interest Rates p.a. (wef 1 July 2020)
First $50,000 1.05%
Next $25,000 1.55%
Next $25,000 1.85%
Above $100,000 0.60%

How to open account online for this RHB High-Yield Savings Account Plus? Or can only open account physically at branch?

Any minimum balance to maintain to avoid fall below fee?

Cannot find much information at RHB website.

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
How to open account online for this RHB High-Yield Savings Account Plus? Or can only open account physically at branch?

Any minimum balance to maintain to avoid fall below fee?

Cannot find much information at RHB website.
Download RHB Sg mobile app to sign up.:)

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
Wah Korkor so rich,
I only have CIMB Fastsaver, SIF GoSaver and SingLife. Maybank iSavvy, iSavvy-i and POSB is only $500 :(:(:(

Will be considering RHB HY Plus once CIMB Fastsaver promotion ends~
Yongsaver avatar tells the story.:)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.