HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #376

Actually you all can ask around to see who got excess rmb in their WeChat wallet, since they are stucked or donít want to pay for the processing fee, so you can actually ask them to transfer to you, while you pass them the sgd.
On the other hand there are 3rd party top up services for both Wechat Pay and Alipay, including some based in Singapore. I have not tried them myself since I am happy with my current method of getting my relatives to help out.
Getting someone to top up for me is not a problem, my issue now is I cannot verify my Alipay account hence I am unable to use the balance in my Alipay. I tried adding POSB, DBS, BOC, and SC cards, all failed.
MiloMocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:14 PM   #377

Getting someone to top up for me is not a problem, my issue now is I cannot verify my Alipay account hence I am unable to use the balance in my Alipay. I tried adding POSB, DBS, BOC, and SC cards, all failed.
I am not so sure how the third party service works. I can only guess they temporary bind your Wechat/Alipay account to a China bank card and then top up the amount for you, after that they will remove the temp card.

I myself have not tried to use 3rd party service. So the above is just a guess. Effectively you can then use the balance in your wechat wallet or Alipay wallet. If not they will be out of business very soon.
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:31 PM   #378
Greater Supremacy Member

I am not so sure how the third party service works. I can only guess they temporary bind your Wechat/Alipay account to a China bank card and then top up the amount for you, after that they will remove the temp card.

I myself have not tried to use 3rd party service. So the above is just a guess. Effectively you can then use the balance in your wechat wallet or Alipay wallet. If not they will be out of business very soon.
Once your WeChat account is tagged to a valid china bank account, that WeChat account will not be able to use another bank account owner name anymore or tag your china bank account to it in future

Usually this 3rd party acct will add u as friend and then fund transfer or angpow you the rmb you want
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #379

If you are unable to pay or transfer the remaining balance out, I suppose an option will be to find a local Chinese with Chinese bank card to link his/her card to your Alipay account and transfer the $$ out.

This exercise will be worth it for a reasonably large amount, if it is for a few dollars perhaps just to leave it.
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:42 PM   #380

Once your WeChat account is tagged to a valid china bank account, that WeChat account will not be able to use another bank account owner name anymore or tag your china bank account to it in future

Usually this 3rd party acct will add u as friend and then fund transfer or angpow you the rmb you want
Hmm then the 3rd party service will not really work for those new WeChat sign-up which will not even have the Wallet Function enabled. And even if they link to a SG bank card to enable Wallet function they will not be able to receive from transfer or Ang Bao.

So how they are going to top up for the new foreign WeChat users without a China bank card?

Last edited by xiaofan; 01-01-2019 at 08:46 PM..
Old 01-01-2019, 08:53 PM   #381

Have you tried to use Taobao (link your Alipay account to your Taobao account) to buy stuff with your Alipay balance?

BTW, how do you get the Alipay balance in the first place ?
Old 01-01-2019, 08:55 PM   #382
Greater Supremacy Member

Hmm then the 3rd party service will not really work for those new WeChat sign-up which will not even have the Wallet Function enabled. And even if they link to a SG bank card to enable Wallet function they will not be able to receive from transfer or Ang Bao.

So how they are going to top up for the new foreign WeChat users without a China bank card?
Obviously itís targeting those who have WeChat wallet enabled and also linked with a local sg bank account but cannot top up himself

To enable WeChat wallet, you just need someone to send you $1 and to use or accept the money, just need to link your local debit/credit
Old 01-01-2019, 09:10 PM   #383

Obviously it’s targeting those who have WeChat wallet enabled and also linked with a local sg bank account but cannot top up himself

To enable WeChat wallet, you just need someone to send you $1 and to use or accept the money, just need to link your local debit/credit
Okay this is the same trick I used last year ( can receive angpow and transfer after linking SG bank card) and rediscovered this year (can not receive from either angpow or transfer, but can receive money with 二维码收款).

The problem is that the new sign-up can not receive either angpow or transfer even with the wallet function enable by the trick. How the 3rd party vendors carry out the top up? Are they also using the 二维码收款 trick?

Last edited by xiaofan; 01-01-2019 at 09:46 PM..
Old 01-01-2019, 09:44 PM   #384

The problem is that the new sign-up can not receive either angpow or transfer even with the wallet function enable by the trick. Are they also using the 二维码收款 trick?
And it is even worse for Alipay. Yes you can top up without carrying out the identity verification -- just set up an Alipay account and got RMB10 from my relative using his Alipay account (similar to 二维码收款 in wechat), but I have not found a way to spend the money, unlike WeChat. So how the 3rd party top up service providers work with new Alipay account?
Old 01-01-2019, 09:51 PM   #385
Greater Supremacy Member

Okay this is the same trick I used last year ( can receive angpow and transfer after linking SG bank card) and rediscovered this year (can not receive from either angpow or transfer, but can receive money with 二维码收款).

The problem is that the new sign-up can not receive either angpow or transfer even with the wallet function enable by the trick. How the 3rd party vendors carry out the top up? Are they also using the 二维码收款 trick?
Now WeChat new sign up cannot enable wallet just by getting someone to send $1 to him anymore?

Then too bad le
Old 01-01-2019, 10:01 PM   #386

Now WeChat new sign up cannot enable wallet just by getting someone to send $1 to him anymore?

Then too bad le
You can enable the wallet function once adding the SG credit/debit card after someone sends you RMB1. But you are still not able to receive the RMB1 without adding a China bank card. The RMB1 will return to the sender after 24 hours. Just tried this with two wechat accounts, one with SG moble phone number and one with China mobile number.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:47 PM   #387

And it is even worse for Alipay. Yes you can top up without carrying out the identity verification -- just set up an Alipay account and got RMB10 from my relative using his Alipay account (similar to 二维码收款 in wechat), but I have not found a way to spend the money, unlike WeChat. So how the 3rd party top up service providers work with new Alipay account?
I guess they may use this one. 支付宝卡

Still not sure how they sort out the real name verification issue. I will try to add my Singapore passport to see if that helps later.

https://cshall.alipay.com/lab/help_d...d=201602088666

支付宝卡是大陆地区发行的卡,可以通过线上网站或者支付宝认可的正规线下网点购买。

支付宝卡的支付限额为:单笔5000元、单日累计5000元、单月累计5000元、每年累计5000元(按自然年) 。

注:此限额为用户身份证下所有支付宝账户共用额度。如:一个身份证注册了两个支付宝账户,那这两个账户的支付宝卡限额是共用的,而不是两个单独的限额。
Old 02-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #388
Great Supremacy Member

alipay, sinkies can do real name verification
someone have to transfer you the $

how to use it...
you can use it for taobao or make payment to someone in china if you purchase something from physical shop, online, etc...

for example, my friend play some china online game by tencent. she ask me to make payment on behalf of her
Old 02-01-2019, 11:06 AM   #389

alipay, sinkies can do real name verification
someone have to transfer you the $

how to use it...
you can use it for taobao or make payment to someone in china if you purchase something from physical shop, online, etc...

for example, my friend play some china online game by tencent. she ask me to make payment on behalf of her
Thanks for the info. So Singapore citizen can do real name verification with the Singapore passport, right? I see this option in my Alipay account.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:09 AM   #390
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks for the info. So Singapore citizen can do real name verification with the Singapore passport, right? I see this option in my Alipay account.
yes

dude
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.