How to make HDB do something regarding noisy and selfish neighbour?

rango

Master Member
Reaction score
I was also thinking about this, but if later i want to move i scared nobody wants to buy my flat

bro sell sure can sell just dont do viewing at 4 to 5am...when the kid running around...:eek:

i know how u feel i hate these kind of #$%^ker i also kena same thing in the end shifted out lan ian...cos those f#$%ker....ah beng ah seng...want to talk must open table type....sianz....:s27:....only thing can use ear plug...take sleeping tablet and curse them until no more bad word to curse...:D

a562140

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tough situation.

your neighbour's got his own problems; the courts shouldn't evict them but provide them more help for their kid, perhaps even keeping him up till late so that he has normal waking hours as the public.

don't hate them... empathize. move out? some problems you can run away from, this is one of them.

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, why dont you move out?? Or in this case rent out your flat, then rent another flat in the same neighbourhood, if u like staying in that area.

I also thought of moving out but the high cost of HDB flat is :s16:
Moving is also a big headache :s22:

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro sell sure can sell just dont do viewing at 4 to 5am...when the kid running around...:eek:

i know how u feel i hate these kind of #$%^ker i also kena same thing in the end shifted out lan ian...cos those f#$%ker....ah beng ah seng...want to talk must open table type....sianz....:s27:....only thing can use ear plug...take sleeping tablet and curse them until no more bad word to curse...:D

The Son of a bit*h run almost anytime of the day.
Yes what i did is use ear plug and curse them everyday.
Really hope the whole family die :s16:
tough situation.

your neighbour's got his own problems; the courts shouldn't evict them but provide them more help for their kid, perhaps even keeping him up till late so that he has normal waking hours as the public.

don't hate them... empathize. move out? some problems you can run away from, this is one of them.

But the thing is, why their problem have become my problem?
Before they move in everything is fine.
I dont hate them, i just want them to die
Everyday the only thing i was hopping was the kid cross the road and got run down by a big bus together with the ** father.
Or he fell off his flat and die.

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The most amazing thing is that HDB totally have no rules on those people cost noise pollution to others.
If there is a dept just to handle this type of case it will be diff liao.
They have the power to issue warning letter if it still continue a fine will be issue.
Like that less people will chu pattern liao

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The most amazing thing is that HDB totally have no rules on those people cost noise pollution to others.
If there is a dept just to handle this type of case it will be diff liao.
They have the power to issue warning letter if it still continue a fine will be issue.
Like that less people will chu pattern liao

It's a good idea but hard to implement, because it is very hard to prove the case against offenders. So hdb avoids the trouble by passing the monkey to the Police.

People really should be considerate when they're living in a community.

sugaricing83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually hor, instead of complaining to MP/TC, why not like buy a cake/pie and then bring it to the neighbour and talk to them in a very nice tone? tell them to control the volume esp at night cos you need to sleep? like kampong spirit like that mah.

but this might also backfire cos they suspect you add some additional ingredients into the cake/pie hor.

talking about neighbours, there is this very irritating family at my floor who do not throw their garbage properly and always dump beside the lift landing near the rubbish chute.

pyu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, record their behavior with either microphone or go the full hog, a total video surveillance system, create a blog and post all these videos online - or better yet, create a live web cab. Remember to create a Google Adsense account. Monetize their nuisance behavior for your benefit.

Of course, not getting caught and sued is another thing all together. :s13::s22:

[[小马哥]]

Master Member
Reaction score
:s22:

recently I can't take it also using broom to knock my ceilling to hint my neighbour staying above me.

I suspect they rent to foreigners because over the years the noise level not so bad until recently dam.

Don't know wtf they doing drop heavy things always shift funitures.Walk sound heavy too especially at night.

start from 11pm till 2am .

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
[[小马哥]];56207435 said:
:s22:
Don't know wtf they doing drop heavy things always shift funitures.Walk sound heavy too especially at night.

start from 11pm till 2am .

Exactly the same situation here.

Pred2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm in a similar sh*t as TS....nothing will work, juz LLST...

lemme post some of the exchanges i had:

my 1st mail:
I'd like to bring to your attention of some inconsiderate acts encountered ever since I moved in for less than a month. 1) Incessant pounding could be heard even at this hour which I suspect is from the unit directly above me. This has a great adverse impact for both my wife and me as we are light sleepers. This has gone on for almost every night and it culminated in both of us lacking sleep and being late for work. 2) Persistent dog barking (more than 1) from the unit above at around 7pm. This, coupled with persistent running and stomping sounds by kids are disrupting any remnants of peace we can get when we reach home after a long day's work. We are actually very accomodating but when things get out of hand, we feel that something need to be done or we might face the sack if we were to suffer in silence. We have spoken to the unit above once and situation only improved for the next 15 minutes after the brief reminder and we had no choice but to escalate to our Town Council. If need be, I can be around for any mediation sessions. We just hope to have some peace living in this peaceful community, the exact reason why we bought this unit.... Thank you and awaiting your prompt action.

reply from town council:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email to Ang Mo Kio-Yio Chu Kang Town Council.

We would like to inform you that the issue mentioned in the email below is under the purview of HDB.

We have by way of the email, forwarded the feedback to the relevant agency.

Thank you and have a nice day

Pred2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hdb's reply
Dear Mr Koh

Inconsiderate pounding heart at this hour.

We refer to your feedback on noise nuisance.

Upon receiving your feedback, our Technical Officer interviewed your neighbors above. As we live in an environment where various households are in close proximity to one another we seek their understanding to be more considerate and conversely, more tolerant to their neighbors.

Our Officer could not detect the unit that is rearing more than 1 dog during the inspection.

We hope that the situation improves for you and your family.Dear Mr Koh

Inconsiderate pounding heart at this hour.

We refer to your feedback on noise nuisance.

Upon receiving your feedback, our Technical Officer interviewed your neighbors above. As we live in an environment where various households are in close proximity to one another we seek their understanding to be more considerate and conversely, more tolerant to their neighbors.

Our Officer could not detect the unit that is rearing more than 1 dog during the inspection.

We hope that the situation improves for you and your family.

things nv improved......, so i sent a friendly email to the officer

Dear Wee Lian,

It has been half a year since the last feedback was sent and to-date, the situation has not improved at all. On the contrary, it had gotten worst, the noise created by the neighbour upstairs was the worst during the school hol...idays when children running from morning till way past midnight and this has certainly disrupt my family's rest. I think we have been trying to be very tolerant here (if you noticed I have not sent any more mails since the last time you replied me). It would be very unfair for me if I have to keep tolerating and the situation worsened to the point that we are having a severe lack of rest, especially during the weekends. Everyone in this block paid the same amount of Conservancy bills, the same property tax and what not, but why am I subjected to such acts of inconsideration? I wasn't even asking for alot, all I want was just some peace we can enjoy after a hard day's work.......

My wife and I are certainly more willing than not to tolerate but we really hope the noise can be kept to a minimal after 10:30pm, we sincerely implore HDB to interview the neighbour upstairs and to get them to be more considerate.
The noise generated from the children and their dog has really been giving us endless headache and we can't move out of this home since we need to fulfill the MOP.

P/S: The neighbour living opposite me has 4 kids and they don't come close to the one upstairs in terms of noise level. If you would like to have a feel of the inconsiderate acts, I welcome you to stay at my place for 2 days, with free lodging and free food thrown in for good measure.

in my desperation, i sent an email to AVA
Hi there,

As I have not received any feedback from HDB on the incessant barking from the dog living above, I hope this is the right avenue I can approach. I'm really at my wits' end, putting up with the barking from the dog. This morning was the last straw when I was woken up by the barking and could not get back to sleep. I implore AVA to help us do something about this problem as my wife and I are having insufficient rest and culminated in us having migraines or taking medical leave from work.

My wife and my work have been affected as a result and we hope something can be done to the dog above. Thank you.

immediately, AVA took action and paid the neighbour a visit and gave a verbal warning. The officer called me n ask me to call him on his mobile if things nv improve. however, the situation has a new twist, dog had kinda bark within bearable limits, but their kids are taking over n i cant call AVA to put their kids to sleep :(....

Pred2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very difficult to record the noise created by the kids as the recordings sounded muffled and nothing compared to what me n my wife are experiencing. we managed to record the dog's singing though. this is only the more bearable one, will try to post the sound recordings taken with my iphone soon.

rhizopus

Reaction score
The Son of a bit*h run almost anytime of the day.
Yes what i did is use ear plug and curse them everyday.
Really hope the whole family die :s16:

But the thing is, why their problem have become my problem?
Before they move in everything is fine.
I dont hate them, i just want them to die
Everyday the only thing i was hopping was the kid cross the road and got run down by a big bus together with the ** father.
Or he fell off his flat and die.

curse here kpkb for wat?

got balls curse directly to them lah.
Don't be pus5y hiding behind keyboard kpkb in forum

Last edited:

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
curse here kpkb for wat?

got balls curse directly to them lah.
Don't be pus5y hiding behind keyboard kpkb in forum

I curse in front of him and he threaten to chop me with a chopper and i waited for him. The F**ker dont dare to chop me.
BTW Small boy hope u kana the same situation as me, ******
If u dont like my thread, get out of it.

Last edited:

Pred2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chase79, has ur situation improved? i've sent email after email n even with LHL in the CC list, things have nv improved 1 bit. i'm uploading all the videos i've taken today and will continue to do so until 1 day, the dog or the kids get culled.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.