HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU/NUS/SMU 2020-2021 Intake

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

NTU/NUS/SMU 2020-2021 Intake

It's the time of the year again... For all chance rating (AY20/21) please post onto this thread. Do create a HWZ account if necessary.

Links will be updated from time to time.

Chance rating format:
For JC – please provide your rank point (and indicate whether it is with MT or without MT – please take the higher.)
For Poly – please provide your poly course and 5th/6th sem CGPA, as well as any relevant O level grade (e.g. AMath for those applying to CS/Biz). L1R4 no longer required.
Please indicate citizenship status as well i.e. Singaporean, PR or international student.

Note:
  • A certain percentage of places will be reserved for Aptitude Based Admission
  • 20% O Level results policy for Poly applicants are scrapped wef this year
  • If applying to NUS, please state first choice since there is first choice admission points (1.25pts for A Level and 1pt for Poly)
  • If you are a poly grad applying to NUS Computer Science/Engineering, please note that if you do not meet AMath/ Poly Math requirements, your application to SoC will be considered as a DA application no matter how high your CGPA is.

Reddit (r/SGExams) Admission Megathread: https://www.reddit.com/r/SGExams/com...ts_megathread/

Application Dates
NUS/NTU Poly – 1 Feb to 21 Feb 2020
NUS A Level – 3 working days after A Level results release to 19 Mar 2020
NTU A Level – Day of A Level results release to 19 Mar 2020
SMU – 16 Oct 2019 to 19 Mar 2020

IGP/Useful Links
NUS
NTU
SMU
Historical IGP
Historical GES

Previous year threads
2019-2020 HWZ
2019-2020 Reddit
2018-2019 HWZ
2018-2019 Reddit
2017-2018 HWZ Part 1
2017-2018 HWZ Part 2
2017-2018 Reddit
2016-2017 HWZ Part 1
2016-2017 HWZ Part 2
2015-2016 HWZ
2014-2015 HWZ

May the odds be ever in your favour.
meowyy likes this.

Last edited by marigoldhl; Today at 01:52 AM..
marigoldhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

NOTE FROM OP
In view of the potential high rate of incidents of this thread in the Degree subforum (and the large amount of posters and lurkers reading this thread), do note that additional ground rules are imposed on this thread so as to maintain general order and minimise disputes. This thread will be moderated very closely by the moderator and the OP, from time to time. Any breakage of the general forum terms of service, subforum rules and/or additional thread ground rules WILL result in a warning or an infraction.

THREAD GROUND RULES:
  • STRICTLY NO OUT-OF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS (discussions limited to admission and matriculation concerns only)
  • NO SENSELESS AND UNCONSTRUCTIVE ARGUMENTS OF ANY KIND
  • NO ABUSIVE/ INSENSITIVE/ SARCASTIC/ CONDESCENDING LANGUAGE
  • NO XENOPHOBIC COMMENTS TOWARDS FOREIGNERS IN THIS THREAD

This thread strives to welcome everyone, regardless of nationality and background; the least one can do is to be nice and harmonious to everyone, and exercise sensitivity on certain issues.

ADDITIONAL NOTES BY MODERATOR
Use the report button if you see any inappropriate post. The moderators will review the offending post and take any action.
If you guys cannot solve your disputes, add each other into your ignore list.
Alternatively, you can PM me.
- Ottoke

Seeing a lot of new members in this thread.

Please take note on a few things:
  • No spamming just to hit the min post count for PM.
  • Folks who originate from EDMW, please refrain from using the lingo and bringing in the culture from EDMW.
  • Stay in topic.

Thanks.
However, these following actions WILL NOT be tolerated in the University Programs and Courses forum:

1) Posting of profanities, including acronyms of profanities.

2) Objectional subjects, including racist remarks and any other issues of a discriminatory nature.

3) Spamming of threads and topics.

4) Flaming of other forumers.

5) Advertising and soliciting of business in educational programs and courses without the prior approval of the Management of HWZ.

Possible actions against offenders would include but are not limited to warnings in writing, editing of offensive remarks, locking of threads, moving of threads into the Trash Can and a recommendation to the Admin to ban a forumer.
Reminder: please keep in topic

Other than that, all questions regarding admissions for next year are welcome - ask away

Last edited by Ottoke; 01-02-2020 at 11:32 PM..
Old 27-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Reserved for updates.
Old 27-01-2020, 04:03 PM   #4

Hi, please estimate my chances for NUS Computer Science. I am a foreigner student with local O level and poly cert (graduating this year).

Poly from an IT related course
CGPA 3.98 expected to go up to 3.99
CCA highest grade
Represented school in a challenge and won award(nothing big I guess since it's not national)
Intern 6 months in a big related MNC in local HQ (does it matter?)

I understand since I do not have A Maths O level it'll be considered DA. What are the chances I get called up for interview (DA) for NUS CS?

Also, what are the chances of me getting a scholarship in NTU Computer Science course? I have received my offer for CS through NTU EASE, but nothing on scholarship interview yet.
aexzzww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 11:15 PM   #5

Applying for NUS computer engineering. Singaporean, serving NS right now
CGPA: 3.92 Mechatronics
NO O-level from ITE
Applied twice before but unsuccessful.
What is my chance of getting into NUS CE this year?
moneyboy6321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 06:47 AM   #6

Applying for NUS FASS (3.67) and NTU WKWSCI (3.68) (putting both as 1st choice respectively)

Singapore Citizen
CGPA (6 sems): 3.70 Mass Comm

Heard that its p competitive to enter these courses, can someone help estimate my chances of getting into these courses? Thanks!
Pinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2020, 10:24 PM   #7

Applying for NUS FASS (3.67) and NTU WKWSCI (3.68) (putting both as 1st choice respectively)

Singapore Citizen
CGPA (6 sems): 3.70 Mass Comm

Heard that its p competitive to enter these courses, can someone help estimate my chances of getting into these courses? Thanks!
My girl will be applying the same courses as you, I have called up NTU, the lady told me a bit tough, unless you have at least a B3 for English for
O level.
Jcleng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 07:31 AM   #8

Are there any interviews for people looking for readmissions? I withdrew from NTU 2 years ago and was thinking of applying and start again from fresh.

Last edited by blizzaro3; 31-01-2020 at 07:35 AM..
blizzaro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:34 AM   #9

I was from poly and applied and accepted NTU's comp engineering programme in 2019 and will be studying in 2021 as im serving NS and now i would like to apply for their comp science programme instead this year.

Question:
1) Do i still apply normally via "Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore"?

2) And under the "choices of programme" page, i just need to fill in my first choice only which is comp science?

3) In the event that im rejected from comp science AGAIN as my appeal didnt work last year, will i still have my reserved comp engineering seat in 2021?
Poggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:47 AM   #10
Master Member

I was from poly and applied and accepted NTU's comp engineering programme in 2019 and will be studying in 2021 as im serving NS and now i would like to apply for their comp science programme instead this year.

Question:
1) Do i still apply normally via "Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore"?

2) And under the "choices of programme" page, i just need to fill in my first choice only which is comp science?

3) In the event that im rejected from comp science AGAIN as my appeal didnt work last year, will i still have my reserved comp engineering seat in 2021?

Better ask NTU.
meowyy likes this.
Plow98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:35 PM   #11

Question:

Don't bother, just proceed with your programme. Both CE and CS will be taking the same modules in their first year. Once you've completed your first year, you can swap to CS path. It's seldom that I see people changing from CS to CE, but it's really common to see people to change from CE to CS on their 2nd year onwards.
blizzaro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:43 PM   #12

Hi, please help to rate my chances for NUS/NTU Accountancy and Business Admin. Thanks.

Poly course: Banking & Finance (NYP)
5th semester CGPA: 3.91
Relevant o'level grades: No a-math; e-math B3; english C5
Singaporean

Will I have to go for an interview because I do not have a-maths?

Thanks again
klossyt2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #13

Can someone rate my chances? Sem 5 cgpa is 3.67. Trying to get into NUS PFM and NTU civil engineering or NBS.... how high are my chances?
My last sem most prob 4.0 because itís internship, so maybe will increase my cgpa to 3.71?

I was in dipplus and my maths and a maths for o levels is A2 and Iím a singaporean
Correctiontapexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 02:16 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can someone rate my chances? Sem 5 cgpa is 3.67. Trying to get into NUS PFM and NTU civil engineering or NBS.... how high are my chances?
My last sem most prob 4.0 because it*********s internship, so maybe will increase my cgpa to 3.71?

I was in dipplus and my maths and a maths for o levels is A2 and I*********m a singaporean
got chance wor .....
darksiedluv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #15

got chance wor .....
How high ? :/
Correctiontapexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.