[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assault1

Reaction score
Pardon me as I have never been to Yilan. Is it advisable to travel around Yilan via train as most websites recommend car? is Jiaoxi good place for lodging with nearby mart and shops etc?

kevin301

Reaction score
Pardon me as I have never been to Yilan. Is it advisable to travel around Yilan via train as most websites recommend car? is Jiaoxi good place for lodging with nearby mart and shops etc?

Just went there recently.
It depends on where you wish to go, I suppose.
Quite a lot of places are some distance from the train station.
You can consider booking a car, taking cab, or renting a scooter :)

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most of the places r rather far away from the train stn. u can take train to the nearest stn n from there take cab or bus to whatever place u want to go

or book a pte car for 2-3days. let the driver drive u to the places u want to go

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried calling today to make a reservation, but cannot get thru :(

Try to call as soon as they are open. I took a few tries before i got through.

And no getting off the lift first doesnt mean you can chiong in chop good seat first. That time i went we were all allocated a number and they let u into the shop base on the number. I think i happen to be the first to reserve the slot so they gave me no1 and we were allot to enter the shop ahead of 4 other group.

Starbucks must make reservation ?

only tpe 101 that lvl 35 one. cuz i guess too many tourist went there take up the space meant for people working there. so need crowd control.

Assault1

Reaction score
Just went there recently.
It depends on where you wish to go, I suppose.
Quite a lot of places are some distance from the train station.
You can consider booking a car, taking cab, or renting a scooter :)

most of the places r rather far away from the train stn. u can take train to the nearest stn n from there take cab or bus to whatever place u want to go

or book a pte car for 2-3days. let the driver drive u to the places u want to go

how much should I expect if i book a car for 3 days? Say like 2 days in Yilan then 3rd day go taoyuan airport?

Got any website that provide book car service? or i just ask the cab driver?

kevin301

Reaction score
how much should I expect if i book a car for 3 days? Say like 2 days in Yilan then 3rd day go taoyuan airport?

Got any website that provide book car service? or i just ask the cab driver?

I didn't book car in Yilan, so I'm not too sure of the rate there. I expect it to be roughly similar to that in Taichung, which was around NT$500 per hour for a Toyota Wish. Perhaps package rate can be negotiated down slightly.

Yilan to Taoyuan airport is quite far. Train might be better ?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

And no getting off the lift first doesnt mean you can chiong in chop good seat first. That time i went we were all allocated a number and they let u into the shop base on the number. I think i happen to be the first to reserve the slot so they gave me no1 and we were allot to enter the shop ahead of 4 other group.

only tpe 101 that lvl 35 one. cuz i guess too many tourist went there take up the space meant for people working there. so need crowd control.

Also got min spending per pax.
Over crowded.
Only thrill is to go free instead of paying full fares to taipei 101 top.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't book car in Yilan, so I'm not too sure of the rate there. I expect it to be roughly similar to that in Taichung, which was around NT$500 per hour for a Toyota Wish. Perhaps package rate can be negotiated down slightly.

Yilan to Taoyuan airport is quite far. Train might be better ?

Will advise take bus back to taipei then bus to airport.
Best deal!

cutoutxstars

Master Member
Reaction score

Managed to get thru! Yay!
2 more working days to go!
Quite excited to be back TW since my first trip in 2011! Long overdue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.