HL Bank (Hong Leong) iSavings Account promo

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately i din get the privilege of instant setup. Could be related to employment as most of the questions revolve that when they called. Its worrying that we don't get any notification on the incoming transfer. Hopefully it works fine as I did my transfers on sat. That's another trade off compared to other banks who have 24/7 CS.

I am confused about the waiver of MONTHLY SERVICE FEE till April. What exactly is that? I only heard of fall below fee but how does this monthly service fee works? What happens after April?

i suspect that is the same as the fall below fee. You can call them to confirm if you wish. Doesnt matter to me.
After april, see what rates they give, if you like then stay, dont like then leave 1k for next 3 months, when after 6mth over close the account.
For me i most likely keep it as another place to rotate between esaver-isavvy.

happiee

Reaction score
I have called to confirm. Indeed, the monthly service fee is the fall below fee.
No other means to access the account before we can get the token and temp password. My token took more than a week to reach. Haven't rcv my pw yet.

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
Received my token. But still waiting for temp id. They should have send both together. Transfer some funds over as well following the letter account number although cannot log in to verify now.

sgreview

Reaction score
Received my token. But still waiting for temp id. They should have send both together. Transfer some funds over as well following the letter account number although cannot log in to verify now.

Same situation.. I checked mailbox like once a week, token letter was received ard 11 Feb, but I open letterbox on 16 Feb, still no temp ID..

wynnest

Reaction score
Does anyone know the interest will be credited after April or by monthly basis?

happiee

Reaction score
Temp id takes long. I rcv it abt a week later after getting the token which already took more than a week from opening.

sgreview

Reaction score
Temp id takes long. I rcv it abt a week later after getting the token which already took more than a week from opening.

Yes, somehow this is part of the process I hope they can improve and of course the super low daily limit! My temp ID was dated 5 days after my token letter, but I din received until another week later!

Now waiting to see the bonus crediting, see if it's true like what the manager shared with me.. Somehow, the manager also not certain about many things.. And she still haven't get back to me on a simple question that she said she will check.. :s22:

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, somehow this is part of the process I hope they can improve and of course the super low daily limit! My temp ID was dated 5 days after my token letter, but I din received until another week later!

Now waiting to see the bonus crediting, see if it's true like what the manager shared with me.. Somehow, the manager also not certain about many things.. And she still haven't get back to me on a simple question that she said she will check.. :s22:

korkor interest recieve already?

sgreview

Reaction score
Cool.. Just done with my stuff and logged in to take a look. Interest is in! Faster than Maybank (haven't seen yet!) and Standard Chart which even best, IB is temporarily unavailable! Guess these banks need to adjust because of leap year?! :D

but somehow relised that for HL Bank, the transaction portion is not working aka can't see all the transaction history when I log in late at night.. witnessed 2-3 times alr, will monitor on that, maybe is a fixed "maintenance downtime" for their IB system.. Anyway, +1 for HL Bank, so far so good!

lupster

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone asked the bank/knows whether it is possible to close the account via internet banking/over the phone? Thanks.

sgreview

Reaction score
No mobile app?

I didn't ask, but rmb someone mentioned b4 that SG HL Bank don't have, only MAS one has.

This is still the highest rate? Any other bank can compete this?

So far highest for up till Apr 2020, but depends on what u need too. Some people may like such short term higher yield for more flexibility, but do your own judgement based on all the TnC. Some people prefer more stability and less effort involved, hence will prefer FD. Usually a small difference in rate won't affect much unless your fund is substantially larger than the usual min 10k, 50k required by FD.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.