HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Breadtalk (for discussion)

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #1

Breadtalk (for discussion)

Anyone got any idea if Breadtalk stock in long run is fundamentally strong?

observing their daily biz (breadtalk, toastbox, Food republic, Din tai fung) seems to be doing very well

Icing Room, Ramen Play, Carl's Jr, I have no idea. But looking at their expansion plans in e.g. china, they can do quite well with asian consumerism.

Any one got any ideas?
Old 31-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #2

I personally quite like it. Today's price is at $0.475. I think got potential go to the average price of $0.55 and beyond.

It's like a consumer brand etched into everyone's minds. Want to buy some nice design bread for your children - Buy breadtalk.

I dug into their annual report and presentation slides and got the following: they are moving into Premium food establishments and expanding aggressively.

I favour Breadtalk as a food mongul with the ability to keep selling franchises and able to make acquisitions with the huge cashflow they have now.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #3

i hate the food business after food junction. but breadtalk is operating for sometime.

don't just look at the food play. they will change when it doesn't work. what matters are the people behind it. the management, are the shrewd?

how do you judge that? look from 2003 to curren tyears revenue and income and match the moves they make. is that satisfactory. going forward people still need to eat, but the same concept may or may not work anymore.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #4

Thanks guys for the sharing.

ps: I think George Quek is shrewd.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't think their bakery business is bringing in the dough. It's their Food Republic and Din Tai Fung business that is doing extremely well.

Didn't know Carl's Junior was owned by them.

Not vested but I do think they are trading below value. April was 51.5 cents. Not vested.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

If only Kopitiam is listed. I think that business can earn even more considering many Singaporeans buy from their food court including my family
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #7

I don't think their bakery business is bringing in the dough. It's their Food Republic and Din Tai Fung business that is doing extremely well.

Didn't know Carl's Junior was owned by them.

Not vested but I do think they are trading below value. April was 51.5 cents. Not vested.
I think they got Carl's Junior franchise but let it go some time back.
RoystonTeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think they got Carl's Junior franchise but let it go some time back.
I only know that Breadtalk, Food Republic, Kopitiam, Din Tai Fung and Icing Room is under them.

Of all these businesses, I believe the first and last are the least profitable. I spoke to some bakery owners before, their margins are not as fantastic as other forms of food business.

Breadtalk didn't used to have discounts after 9pm, but now they do. Competition is very stiff at this level nowadays. You no longer see long queues at their outlets even after office hours.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

I only know that Breadtalk, Food Republic, Kopitiam, Din Tai Fung and Icing Room is under them.

Of all these businesses, I believe the first and last are the least profitable. I spoke to some bakery owners before, their margins are not as fantastic as other forms of food business.

Breadtalk didn't used to have discounts after 9pm, but now they do. Competition is very stiff at this level nowadays. You no longer see long queues at their outlets even after office hours.
Correction: Breadtalk owns Food Republic not Kopitiam. If got Kopitiam stock, I will be the first to chiong to buy liaoz
Old 10-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #10

Correction: Breadtalk owns Food Republic not Kopitiam. If got Kopitiam stock, I will be the first to chiong to buy liaoz
Haha, sure buy kopitiam, they are everywhere in Singapore. Even at heartlands mall (i.e. Pasir ris)
Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unfortunately don't have much company listed that every Singaporean will sure have to spend on them frequently in their lives. I could only think of SMRT, Comfort and SBS transit
Old 11-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ah yes. I don't mean the foodcourt operator. I meant the kopitiam lookalike. Toastbox! Grrr... sorry for the mixup!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #13

Can breadtalk be replaced easily? I don't think they have an edge now. I haven't read their chart though. It might tell a different story.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can breadtalk be replaced easily? I don't think they have an edge now. I haven't read their chart though. It might tell a different story.
Breadtalk focuses mostly on premium markets and has quite a number of competitors. So they are more sensitive to market conditions compared to consumer stocks
Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #15
Honorary Member

Unfortunately don't have much company listed that every Singaporean will sure have to spend on them frequently in their lives. I could only think of SMRT, Comfort and SBS transit
but look at the beating these stocks have taken over the last 2 years
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.