14" HD+ laptop

cw_ssci

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
I am looking for a laptop with above spec for personal use. I know there are very few that have the above:
- HP k021tx
- some lenovo business models

I am currently using 15.6" FullHD and 14.1" 1440x900 in office. I understand higher resolution means more real estate, but the 14.1" is much more comfortable for my eyes.

Please advise if you know any other models that I can get locally. Thanks!
 

Shaderer

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
i believe the lenovo y410p is HD+. I just saw the specs in challenger at jurong point
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
i believe the lenovo y410p is HD+. I just saw the specs in challenger at jurong point

if hes a person who wants a buisness style laptop, i doubt he wants a flashy red backlit keyboard with black body and fake carbon fibre. Also, it would be a waste of money to have a quad core and a dedicated gpu if he isn't a gamer or someone who needs that amount of processing power. lastly, the y410p doesn't have great battery life as well which is why i only reccomend it for gamers.
A macbook air sounds like a decent choice. This is the first time i reccomend a mac lol.
 

cw_ssci

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
I actually didn't realize y410p is HD+, always thought it's HD.Yes I don't need the gpu.

Hardware wise macbook is really nice, but I never use MAC OS before. I use the laptop mainly for projects, MAC is not always supported.

In fact some models like Z410 has HD+ option but unfortunately not in Singapore.
 

Shaderer

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
I actually didn't realize y410p is HD+, always thought it's HD.Yes I don't need the gpu.

Hardware wise macbook is really nice, but I never use MAC OS before. I use the laptop mainly for projects, MAC is not always supported.

In fact some models like Z410 has HD+ option but unfortunately not in Singapore.

yeah what a pity. i was looking to get a HD+ 14" for moderate gaming and many models online really suited me but pity sg doesn't have. would get the y410p if i had the budget
 

feitz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2000
Messages
11,308
Reaction score
615
Gigabyte U24F runs a matt (non touch) HD+ display.
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
Whats the price of it?
LOL nvm. Theres no reason to get a i7 duo core, ddr3 gt 750m at that kind of price.
 
Last edited:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
65,545
Reaction score
3,117
if hes a person who wants a buisness style laptop, i doubt he wants a flashy red backlit keyboard with black body and fake carbon fibre. Also, it would be a waste of money to have a quad core and a dedicated gpu if he isn't a gamer or someone who needs that amount of processing power. lastly, the y410p doesn't have great battery life as well which is why i only reccomend it for gamers.
A macbook air sounds like a decent choice. This is the first time i reccomend a mac lol.

does the y410p have the option of not using gpu and just integrated graphics to save batt? if tats the case, it seems a good buy for TS. and i heard Challenger at City Sq sells for 1.3k.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top