2600k OC 4.2Ghz temperature

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info

taytehni

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I'm using a 2600k and decided to try to OC it.
My rig is as follow:
i7 2600k, Asrock z77e-itx, H100i GTX, Corsair 250D itx casing.

Im using ASRock's OC Tweaker on its BIOS and I've had it set to 4.2 GHz and the rest is auto. I tried running Prime95 Small FTT stress tests and the VCore is at 1.232-1.240V while the CPU package temp is at around 74deg C max. I am wondering if these temps are acceptable or should I be worried?

By the way my room temp is around 30-33 deg C and my idle temp for the CPU is around 40 deg C
 
Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Only using stressing software like this will you see 100% load.

Try running your usual stuffs, as long as temp is reasonable with no problem, it's ok.

Idle ard 40 is correct.
 

taytehni

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
0
Alright noted! Thanks! I tried playing FIFA and the temp was found to be around 50-55 deg C so i guess its okay. Will the ITX form factor be one of the reasons for the temperature?
 

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
140,668
Reaction score
9,362
1-click "overclock" with auto voltage is not the correct way to overclock

it is more of a marketing gimmick


you are lucky only set a reasonable target of 4.2ghz
some users don't know ... see other people manual OC 4.5 4.6 they also command the motherboard to "auto" that target for them
the motherboard only know it must hit the clockspeed target , it does not understand unsafe voltage and temperature
 

taytehni

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
0
1-click "overclock" with auto voltage is not the correct way to overclock

it is more of a marketing gimmick


you are lucky only set a reasonable target of 4.2ghz
some users don't know ... see other people manual OC 4.5 4.6 they also command the motherboard to "auto" that target for them
the motherboard only know it must hit the clockspeed target , it does not understand unsafe voltage and temperature

yeap I read online that if I do go for higher clock speeds it is impt that i must manually set the voltages and thats why I decided to stop at 4.2 :s13:

maybe next weekend I'll read more thoroughly about OCing before trying again to get it up to 4.5. However, my main concern as of now will be the CPU temps.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
2600K. Go to bios change 34 to 40. Settle. Dun need touch anything else. 4Ghz very fast .
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top