A week in West India

fatfleaz

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
947
Reaction score
0
I have a friend currently studying in Mangalore. Thus, I would like to take the opportunity to visit West India.

I googled very briefly, I have a week (or 8 days) to spare.

Bangalore: 2 days
Mangalore: 1 day
Goa: 2-3 days
Mumbai: 2 days

Will it be too rushed to visit 4 cities in a week?
Is a budget of SGD 500 enough for a week, excluding airfare/hotel?
 
Last edited:

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
I have a friend currently studying in Mangalore. Thus, I would like to take the opportunity to visit West India.

I googled very briefly, I have a week (or 8 days) to spare.

Bangalore: 2 days
Mangalore: 1 day
Goa: 2-3 days
Mumbai: 2 days

Will it be too rushed to visit 4 cities in a week?
Is a budget of SGD 500 enough for a week, excluding airfare/hotel?

I've been to Mumbai and Bangalore, and I would suggest you give them a miss. There's really nothing much to see unless you like to see traffic, slums and poor homeless people doing their toilet by the road. Mumbai has a few "attractions" like the Gateway of India and the main train station, but they are generally dirty and surrounded by beggars and horrible traffic. I didn't enjoy them at all.

I think if you are going to india, you should stay away from the major cities. It's better to visit the less developed (less polluted, less slums, less traffic, more tradition and culture) areas like Rajasthan and other states.


I've never been to Goa but I heard it's beautiful. Maybe you should spend most of your time there.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top