Advice: Spend or invest?

3dfxplayer

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
97
I'm going to say live a little. You can make all the money in the world at 40 or 50 yrs old but its not going to turn back the clock for you, there are many things that only people of your age can enjoy. Just don't go into debt and save some money for that rainy day, I don't think you need to think about investing yet.
 

fluxos

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
846
Reaction score
58
I'm going to say live a little. You can make all the money in the world at 40 or 50 yrs old but its not going to turn back the clock for you, there are many things that only people of your age can enjoy. Just don't go into debt and save some money for that rainy day, I don't think you need to think about investing yet.

Agree completely
 

doody_

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
7,508
Reaction score
7
I'm going to say live a little. You can make all the money in the world at 40 or 50 yrs old but its not going to turn back the clock for you, there are many things that only people of your age can enjoy. Just don't go into debt and save some money for that rainy day, I don't think you need to think about investing yet.

That's right, too many people are saving blindly. Do they even know what they are saving for? Hopefully it's not for their own medical and funeral.

YOLO! Once gone the time never comes back again.
 

hsfhsf

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
I think save up and put into FD.

This is creating a necessary habit for future.
 

vince123123

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
2
Whilst I commend the TS for having a mature mindset to saving when young (and indeed I wished that the informational resources available to me when I was young is as vast as to today's youths), I agree with the other posters that at your age, it is probably a good idea to spend some on yourself and save some since the absolute amount wont be much when you get older, whilst the amount you spend on yourself now (since you are young, the things you desire aren't that expensive absolutely), will bring you much more intangible happiness.

As an example, when I was younger, I did not have much opportunity to visit theme parks and/or sit roller coasters. Only sat my first roller coaster when started working and enjoyed it. When I got older and could afford to do this easily, I no longer want to sit on roller coasters anymore.
 

thekang

Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
At your stage, I would suggest investing in upgrading yourself for higher salary in the future. Not sure what your career plans are though.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top