any buddies use endowus?

s0crates

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2015
Messages
1,626
Reaction score
525
Aiyo, Use poems is free, not like this blood sucking endowus fee of 0.3%
At least endowus bring the low cost funds into cpf space. They are more expensive and I believe they will reliably provide their service.

In tech, we like to call what poems is doing as"if you are not paying for the product, you are the product". If you don't get sucked into trading and solely stick to amundi funds then ok.

I am a happy unprofitable client of ibkr because I know there are people subsidising me as a client. But I can't freaking imagine why anyone wants to use poems beyond the amundi funds.

That in itself is a big red flag to me.
 
Last edited:

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,550
Reaction score
3,235
Which flagship model u used?
First and foremost I have many different brokers for different asset classes.

Endowus I use Fund Smart and craft my own all aggressive funds with majority China and Asia focused. US funds did bad for me so I trim it.

Fsmone for funds using CPF

dollarDEX for more bond and less aggressive funds. Reason being their promotion is every 10k get $100 worth of some fund units so play safe

Webull for funds not found in Endowus,FSMOne,dollarDEX etc

poems same as webull plus Amundi cpf fund

moomoo for SGX stocks

StashAway ETF Explorer funds is my latest interest

Etc etc
 

jinsatkilife

Senior Member
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
2,430
Reaction score
2,222
At least endowus bring the low cost funds into cpf space. They are more expensive and I believe they will reliably provide their service.

In tech, we like to call what poems is doing as"if you are not paying for the product, you are the product". If you don't get sucked into trading and solely stick to amundi funds then ok.

I am a happy unprofitable client of ibkr because I know there are people subsidising me as a client. But I can't freaking imagine why anyone wants to use poems beyond the amundi funds.

That in itself is a big red flag to me.
Because poems is free and endowus is not when same funds are available on both?

Endowus is an introducing broker that doesn't add value while u take all the risk. Besides, it takes 1 extra day for transaction to take effect for endowus vs poems. This is way consequential and makes endowus disqualifying imo

Poems Free means loss leader to gain market share which is still a win for us. Don't overthink it
 

s0crates

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2015
Messages
1,626
Reaction score
525
Because poems is free and endowus is not when same funds are available on both?

Endowus is an introducing broker that doesn't add value while u take all the risk. Besides, it takes 1 extra day for transaction to take effect for endowus vs poems. This is way consequential and makes endowus disqualifying imo

Poems Free means loss leader to gain market share which is still a win for us. Don't overthink it
Well I started investing my cpf even before the amundi fund are available so I am appreciative of any innovation in the space. I am more inclined to call poems an opportunistic free rider than to call endowus a blood sucker.

Maybe I am overthinking, but there is a chance that fund or brokerage closes/stop offering products because the economics don't make sense for them.

If providers come in with loss leaders and create a lose lose environment there can be a negative outcome for consumers.
 

jinsatkilife

Senior Member
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
2,430
Reaction score
2,222
Well I started investing my cpf even before the amundi fund are available so I am appreciative of any innovation in the space. I am more inclined to call poems an opportunistic free rider than to call endowus a blood sucker.

Maybe I am overthinking, but there is a chance that fund or brokerage closes/stop offering products because the economics don't make sense for them.

If providers come in with loss leaders and create a lose lose environment there can be a negative outcome for consumers.
there are many ways to make money

giving no commission for UT with a fixed cost IT system while boosting AUM with the nation's wealth aka CPF is very compelling to ask for more investments

and the loss is really peanuts. Whether its 1 person using their system or 1 million, it's just orders with the same fixed cost
 

s0crates

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2015
Messages
1,626
Reaction score
525
there are many ways to make money

giving no commission for UT with a fixed cost IT system while boosting AUM with the nation's wealth aka CPF is very compelling to ask for more investments

and the loss is really peanuts. Whether its 1 person using their system or 1 million, it's just orders with the same fixed cost
I don't disagree with you, somehow no broker/platform is doing it, not even the government for cpf money.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top