[EDMW discussion] Shopping using Pinduoduo 拼多多 (PDD)

Joey5555

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2019
Messages
1,580
Reaction score
989
鸡里妹 don't wait n sense
Just Buy
Don't stop the shiokness

People faster buy
Whatever u need for the next few years just stock up don't wait

Towels tissues shirts pants underwear bags caps sunglasses wares toiletwares toiletries kitchenwares brushes stationaries shoes slippers socks

一件包邮 !
不要走过 走过错过
快 快
lol why you sound like PDD staff trying to hit KPI for overseas market capitalization
 

sango65

Master Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2013
Messages
4,006
Reaction score
2,769
Hey PDD experts.

Did you have issues with inputting your card details? I'm kinda stuck in that stage, kept saying payment method not accepted. (tried 2 different cards !)

Not sure what's wrong but yet my bro's account using the same method went through !

I was given the below payment option to choose from

Wechat Pay
DuoDuop Pay (says it supports visa, master etc..with logo)
Paynow
Alipay
huabei

I naturally went for DuoDuo pay and it asked to link my card details and this is where I get stuck. It also ask for a 6 digit password for my first purchase.. I just anyhow keyed in one that I will be using in the future. Said successful but then later appeared with payment method not accepted.

I tried Wechat Pay (I used to have be able to pay things through wechat.. but now it says card not supported)

I tried Alipay and it tried to ask me for a China mobile which I obviously didn't have though I remember i had pay with Alipay before when in China.

There is no other options besides the above.

Any advice would be great !
I bind my Maribank credit card to Wechat Pay. But before activating wechat pay, need to upload passport - take self-portrait photo etc.

When payment, select Wechat Pay, then it will deduct from Maribank credit card in CN¥ - quite competitive rate and can earn 1.5% cashback.
 

yuzu28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
5,580
Reaction score
3,059
I bind my Maribank credit card to Wechat Pay. But before activating wechat pay, need to upload passport - take self-portrait photo etc.

When payment, select Wechat Pay, then it will deduct from Maribank credit card in CN¥ - quite competitive rate and can earn 1.5% cashback.
How come mine never ask for upload passport de? I have been trying to do verification but cant find where to press. Can enlighten me?
 

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
7,833
Reaction score
227
the 70% off x3 coupons made me shop and shop whole day.
good for small small household items.
those hanging tissues also very worth it!

and i saw auntie uncles browsing PDD on mrt too. so addictive can't stop buying leh!
What did you buy? I wanna use up the 3 x 70% off for today too hahah
 

sango65

Master Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2013
Messages
4,006
Reaction score
2,769
How come mine never ask for upload passport de? I have been trying to do verification but cant find where to press. Can enlighten me?
Have you activated your Wechat Pay wallet?

wechat-pay1.jpg


Click "ID Info" and you can verify your real name and upload your passport etc.

wechat-pay2.jpg


wechat-pay3.jpg
 

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Messages
9,074
Reaction score
1,378
That is exactly the problem. If local people stop supporting local retailers, wholesalers and distributors, who is going to bear the import costs, warehouse rental and other costs required to hold inventories in Singapore?

These businesses take the risk and incur costs to hold inventories locally so consumers can get the goods immediately when needed. If one day they can no longer survive because everyone buys directly from overseas platforms like PDD, are Singaporeans really prepared to rely heavily on overseas direct imports even for everyday household necessities?

Cheap is good, but there is a price to pay if the local retail and distribution supply chain disappears.
Support them for wat? Gt ppl work for them and huat meh?
 

yuzu28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
5,580
Reaction score
3,059
Anyone knows if we cancel item do refund, will GST be refunded? I thought will be refunded but my friend said no, won't be refunded.
 

yuzu28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
5,580
Reaction score
3,059
bought xtep 2000k pro during 6/6 via shopee for only $57

so far so good, only prob is very "squeaky" when you walk on certain flooring
This not problem la. My asics, hoka, skechers, puma etc all like that leh.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top