Appeal Against Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinTuaKi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
8,373
Reaction score
1,433

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112
Hi Moderators,

Can kindly explain why am I given points for the following 2 posts?

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-august-2024-mediacorp.7048911/post-153332699

Here I am asking people not to fight and argue over something not concerning them. And I received points for being racist?

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-august-2024-mediacorp.7048911/post-153332687

Here I am merely asking the opposite party what nationality? And I received points for being racist?

I am very baffled.

you were reported by our members for
Baiting argument with name calling and labelling people anti china people for no reason
I removed the warning for one
the other warning stay.

what his nationality is have no bearing on the topic and there is no need to bait them further.
just report them if they break the rules
 
Last edited:

ChinTuaKi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
8,373
Reaction score
1,433
Understood. Although I did not intend to bait. The intent is if the party reply he/she is either one of the nationalities, then the previous replies are well-understood. Then leave them to argue since it concerns them. Either way, will heed your advice.

Thank you.

Can I also clarify something?

I read that labelling is not allowed for example, JHK, **** etc....totally understand the rational ...due to hurting feelings of other nationalities....

So may I ask why is the calling of Singaporeans as "Sinkies" allowed? I have report such posts repeatedly and I get replies from Mods like "dun overthink" and " not referring to you"....

hmm, as a singaporean I am hurt just like an indian is hurt if called **** or friends up north called JHK... So why is "Sinkie" allow?

Ps:sorry about the bold...dunno how to undo.
 

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112
Understood. Although I did not intend to bait. The intent is if the party reply he/she is either one of the nationalities, then the previous replies are well-understood. Then leave them to argue since it concerns them. Either way, will heed your advice.

Thank you.

Can I also clarify something?

I read that labelling is not allowed for example, JHK, **** etc....totally understand the rational ...due to hurting feelings of other nationalities....

So may I ask why is the calling of Singaporeans as "Sinkies" allowed? I have report such posts repeatedly and I get replies from Mods like "dun overthink" and " not referring to you"....

hmm, as a singaporean I am hurt just like an indian is hurt if called **** or friends up north called JHK... So why is "Sinkie" allow?

Ps:sorry about the bold...dunno how to undo.
let look at context of the post

if its egregious like the 2 posts below, then i have given them 6 pts

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/my-bali-tour-guide-cum-driver.7056073/post-153417261
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/boss-asks-me-to-work-for-free.7053071/post-153417190

its not as simple as a blanket ban, if these words are strictly not allowed, then we would have censored all 3 words.

**** is a trade treaty between 2 countries, we welcome people to discuss the pros and cons of trade treaty but to label the other party as the trade treaty is inappropriate. because they can also label us as **** since Singapore also signed it, would you have like that?

i do not remove post or warn post on jhk again unless they are egregious and truth is posts with jhk on them tend to more egregious than post with sinkies because they are referring to others.

for post with Sinkies, some tend to more self deprecating or term of endearment since its self-referential, so we tend to more lenient,

However, I do notice an increase trend of highly offensive remarks toward Singaporeans recently as exemplified by the 2 examples I gave, let me reassure you that such posts are strictly not allowed and if they were to be detected to be from foreign sources (we have our own ways), I will not hesitate to pban them.

And even as Singaporeans, our members should not engage in Self-hatred and post highly offensive post about Singaporeans.

Self-deprecation ok, Self-hatred not ok
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top