Appeal to Reverse Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whimsica

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2022
Messages
22,201
Reaction score
19,009
Hey everyone,

I received 3 pts for making the following comments in reply to the message "So far china never invade any country. Why no good?".

Then how did it grow to today's size inclusive of Tibet, one of only two nations to have been permanently annexed since WW2?

main-qimg-cfb6b32213bfc4151773819815ac19b7-lq

I don't understand how I was being a forum nuisance (trolling/ posting rubbish/ trouble-maker) since my post was a specific reply to a specific comment and I don't recall the EDMWer I replied to is someone I have engaged frequently.

The EDMWer did reply me and clarified with "That was many decades ago. When was the last time China invade other country compare to US and West?", to which I further responded accordingly and with more views:

So from a blanket "so far china never invade any country" to now choose time frame?

Well, after China annexed tiny Tibet in 1950, it fought in various wars in Korea, in the borders against India/ Burma/ Soviet, in Vietnam and then against Vietnam. It wasn't successful in all these wars, so we can't say it invaded any of these countries. Then Deng decided to hunker down and grow its economy and it hasn't fought in anything that can be called a war since.

And I hope you are right in that China will not be involved in any war again because most of its 1.4 billion people just want to focus on making a living.

I think these are pretty healthy exchanges, with facts laid out for readers to see for themselves.

Most importantly, I was responding to a post made and not making a fresh post that is off-topic or creating a nuisance to the active participants in that particular thread.

It would be very disheartening and disappointing to someone like me who discuss myriad topics vigorously in EDMW almost everyday, to get points and be called a forum nuisance for making a to-the-point reply.

Please review and consider my appeal.

Thank you.
 

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112
Hey everyone,

I received 3 pts for making the following comments in reply to the message "So far china never invade any country. Why no good?".



I don't understand how I was being a forum nuisance (trolling/ posting rubbish/ trouble-maker) since my post was a specific reply to a specific comment and I don't recall the EDMWer I replied to is someone I have engaged frequently.

The EDMWer did reply me and clarified with "That was many decades ago. When was the last time China invade other country compare to US and West?", to which I further responded accordingly and with more views:



I think these are pretty healthy exchanges, with facts laid out for readers to see for themselves.

Most importantly, I was responding to a post made and not making a fresh post that is off-topic or creating a nuisance to the active participants in that particular thread.

It would be very disheartening and disappointing to someone like me who discuss myriad topics vigorously in EDMW almost everyday, to get points and be called a forum nuisance for making a to-the-point reply.

Please review and consider my appeal.

Thank you.
On account of your clean record, I will remove,

There is no need to put a map of Xia Dynasty there, it has nothing to do with thread topic.

pls refer to my sticky, i have taken a lot of effort to write it so there is no confusion.

To be clear, all geopolitical threads should not be in EDMW, that is why you will noticed such threads being in CAL or deleted,

4. Derailing / Mini Modding
If you are talking about anything beside the thread topic, then you are derailing.
We are much stricter on derailing in geo-political threads because topics tend to be more sensitive and have higher potential to be develop in fights.

Whataboutism or whataboutery, is strategy of responding to an accusation with a counter-accusation instead of a defense against the original accusation.
This will be considered both as derailing or ad-hominem, please refrain from such arguments.

However, please also refrain calling out ad-hominem / whataboutism or engage in any other form of mini-modding.
If you spot anything wrong, just report and put the offender in your ignore list, being baited into a fight is not an excuse.
Users who derail / mini-mod will be deemed as public nuisance and infracted.
Persistent offenders will be banned.

7. For appeal and feedback

Given the nature of dispute in geopolitical threads, they can concurrently fall under Harassment / Derailing / Mini-Modding / Name-Calling / Racism, we may issue you the infraction under any one of the above, pls do not quibble over the actual offense name as the forum software does not allow us to check all of the above and give you 5x6 points, so please do not quibble. If you want to quibble, we can acquiesce and give you the 5x6 points.

Please refer to [EDMW Advisory] Reporting an offending post, and where to appeal against infraction & other matters and Feedback Forum Guidelines ***Please read before you post***

To be clear, all geopolitical threads should not be in EDMW, that is why you will noticed such threads being in CAL or deleted,

Frequent thread starters could be instantly banned and forum members who wade into such threads may get points indiscriminately.

There is a special group of members who camp around all days waiting for somebody to start such threads then they go in and start bickering,

I know you are not one of them yet but this kind of threads is for them to go in and get points for bickering one so why would you want to join in??

you are welcome to take part in geopolitical discussion on threads in CAL so long as you dun break any of the rules
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top