Appeal to reverse points

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyote

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
85,563
Reaction score
28,708
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...tes-airspace-ministry.7059058/#post-153529260

I was given 2x of 3 points each, totally 6 points and 3 day ban for posts in above thread.

Previously mod asked us not to be serial reporting. So I have refrained from reporting forumners flouting forum rules, like posting geopolitical threads in edmw. So I refrained from reporting. And so i can only friendly urging forumner to please post in the correct forum. It a reminder and friendly, I even said it with "please" yet I was labelled as mini modding and was given 3 points. Yet the original thread starter was given a zero point warning. Then my subsequent posts was echoing other forumner view on the intention of the thread starter, yet was given a second 3 points warning and banned. My concern was true that some other forumner turned the thread into some geopolitical argument which I did not even get involved... Yet I was reported by some perpetrator until I got issued total of 6 points in one thread and banned. My intention was never to start any war or bickering and I never response to any others who try to escalate the topic and they argued among themselves.

Need mod to clarify, if frequent reporting get points. And urging fellow forumner to please posting in correct forum also got points and got banned. What are we to do when we see fellow forumners violating forum rules. Yet the one violating rules for scoff free, zero point warning only. In this case, the ts gotten a zero point warning and yet I got 6 points and was banned for a friendly suggestion to fellow forumners to do the right things? That does not sound right?

I did not even reply to others people's argument in that thread and did not engage with them in any bickering or no intention to even have any argument.

Thus I would appeal against my 6 points warning and hope mod will reverse them. This is really not right when the perpetrators gotten off scoff free yet I got 6 points and a ban.

Follow up, need mod advice that if we see someone posted in wrong forum, we just report them and will not get points or being labelled as serial reporters?

Appreciate your help.
 

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...tes-airspace-ministry.7059058/#post-153529260

I was given 2x of 3 points each, totally 6 points and 3 day ban for posts in above thread.

Previously mod asked us not to be serial reporting. So I have refrained from reporting forumners flouting forum rules, like posting geopolitical threads in edmw. So I refrained from reporting. And so i can only friendly urging forumner to please post in the correct forum. It a reminder and friendly, I even said it with "please" yet I was labelled as mini modding and was given 3 points. Yet the original thread starter was given a zero point warning. Then my subsequent posts was echoing other forumner view on the intention of the thread starter, yet was given a second 3 points warning and banned. My concern was true that some other forumner turned the thread into some geopolitical argument which I did not even get involved... Yet I was reported by some perpetrator until I got issued total of 6 points in one thread and banned. My intention was never to start any war or bickering and I never response to any others who try to escalate the topic and they argued among themselves.

Need mod to clarify, if frequent reporting get points. And urging fellow forumner to please posting in correct forum also got points and got banned. What are we to do when we see fellow forumners violating forum rules. Yet the one violating rules for scoff free, zero point warning only. In this case, the ts gotten a zero point warning and yet I got 6 points and was banned for a friendly suggestion to fellow forumners to do the right things? That does not sound right?

I did not even reply to others people's argument in that thread and did not engage with them in any bickering or no intention to even have any argument.

Thus I would appeal against my 6 points warning and hope mod will reverse them. This is really not right when the perpetrators gotten off scoff free yet I got 6 points and a ban.

Follow up, need mod advice that if we see someone posted in wrong forum, we just report them and will not get points or being labelled as serial reporters?

Appreciate your help.

Just report when you need to report, no need to do frequent reporting on every frivolous stuffs.

this is like you beating up a robber and saying you do not call the police because you are scare people say you prank call.

pls refer to my sticky, i have taken a lot of effort to write it so there is no confusion. I have quote the relevant portion

To be clear, all geopolitical threads should not be in EDMW, that is why you will noticed such threads being in CAL or deleted,
For Ad hominem and name-calling, its instant 6 points.
Persistent offenders will be banned.


2. Comment on content, not on the commentators.
Using someone's affiliations or a label as ad hominem means of dismissing or discrediting their views is strictly not allowed, whether in EDMW or CAL.

If you are using labels, then that is name calling,
It doesn't matter to say you are not directing label at anyone, obviously its directed at someone.
Do not weasel out by saying its not directed at anyone unless its explicitly stated at people of concern in the thread topic and not thread participants.
4. Derailing / Mini Modding
If you are talking about anything beside the thread topic, then you are derailing.
We are much stricter on derailing in geo-political threads because topics tend to be more sensitive and have higher potential to be develop in fights.

Whataboutism or whataboutery, is strategy of responding to an accusation with a counter-accusation instead of a defense against the original accusation.
This will be considered both as derailing or ad-hominem, please refrain from such arguments.

However, please also refrain calling out ad-hominem / whataboutism or engage in any other form of mini-modding.
If you spot anything wrong, just report and put the offender in your ignore list, being baited into a fight is not an excuse.
Users who derail / mini-mod will be deemed as public nuisance and infracted.
Persistent offenders will be banned.

7. For appeal and feedback

Given the nature of dispute in geopolitical threads, they can concurrently fall under Harassment / Derailing / Mini-Modding / Name-Calling / Racism, we may issue you the infraction under any one of the above, pls do not quibble over the actual offense name as the forum software does not allow us to check all of the above and give you 5x6 points, so please do not quibble. If you want to quibble, we can acquiesce and give you the 5x6 points.

Please refer to [EDMW Advisory] Reporting an offending post, and where to appeal against infraction & other matters and Feedback Forum Guidelines ***Please read before you post***

actually I was only really going to give you only 3 points but on the same day, you were reported for the following posts

All these Western countries are just hypocrites... Just flip prata to fit their narratives as and when it's needed...🙏

Russia’s MFA spox Maria Zakharova on the arrest of Pavel Durov, the Telegram founder, in France:

“I just remembered that in 2018 a group of 26 NGOs, including Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International, Freedom House, Reporters Without Borders, the Committee to Protect Journalists, and others, condemned a Russian court's decision to block Telegram. The West made other similar statements.

They said all this because as of July 1, 2018, the Yarovaya Law began to operate in Russia requiring telecommunications operators to store records of telephone messages and Internet traffic of their clients for six months, as well as keys to decrypt users' correspondence and provide them to the FSB of Russia upon request. Thus, there were legislative questions for Telegram on this basis that many other countries also had in connection with the technical parameters of its encryption system.

All these Western NGOs called on the Russian government to stop questioning Telegram's work. They appealed to the UN, the Council of Europe, the OSCE, the European Union, the United States, and other governments with a request to resist Russia's actions and to protect the fundamental rights of freedom of expression and privacy. In addition, they called on Internet companies to resist unfounded and illegal demands that violate the rights of their users. They demanded that the Russian government guarantee the rights of Internet users to publish and anonymously view information on websites emphasizing that any restrictions must be sanctioned by the courts and fully comply with the provisions of the European Convention on Human Rights. At the same time, Durov remained free all this time [in Russia] continuing to develop Telegram.

I am publishing a screenshot of all the Western professional organizations that spoke out then including their collective appeal. Do you think they will appeal to Paris this time around and demand Durov's release, or will they swallow their tongues instead?”

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Russia’s MFA spox Maria Zakharova on the arrest of Pavel Durov, the Telegram founder, in France:<br><br>“I just remembered that in 2018 a group of 26 NGOs, including Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International, Freedom House, Reporters Without Borders, the Committee to Protect… <a href="https://t.co/voNHA4b3dW">pic.twitter.com/voNHA4b3dW</a></p>&mdash; Nina 🐙 Byzantina (@NinaByzantina) <a href="">August 25, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>


I do not really remember most members' name but because it was the same day so I noticed.

Post in CAL forum please.

Such kind of doublespeak are strongly discouraged, we cant have you telling others to not stir geopolitics only for you to do the exact same thing and to use your words, "flip prata to fit their narratives" when its convenient.

you say you do not have any intention to bicker so there is no need to call other people in the thread gullible

And let the other gullible people help him stir and stir...

I hope you understand the reason now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top