Arctic MX-4

Kvicez

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
518
Reaction score
0
Hi,

May I ask what's the temperature range for Arctic MX-4, both idle and load? I applied it to my laptop recently and I don't see a distinct change. On the other hand, my laptop seems to be heating up instead...
 

Rocket3

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
45
Did you use a program like Coretemp (for CPU) or MSI Afterburner (for GPU) to check temps before and after changing the thermal paste?

Changing the thermal paste at best reduces the temp by a few degree Celsius only (from my experience).

May I ask what's the temperature range for Arctic MX-4, both idle and load?
Hard to answer because the temperature range can vary according to the ambient (room) temperature and which CPU or GPU is used.

On the other hand, my laptop seems to be heating up instead...
It feels warmer to the touch?
It can mean the MX-4 is doing it's job.
Heat transferred more quickly from inside the laptop to outside laptop, so your hand feels more heat (feels warmer).
 
Last edited:

Kvicez

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
518
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

I used HWMonitor to check my temperatures after changing the thermal paste. Forgot to check my temperatures before changing.

Is there an average temperature for idle and load? Say, room temperature is normal, no air-conditioning. I'm running Intel Core i5-430M and Radeon HD 5650.

Thanks!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top