Asus EeeBook X205

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,502
Reaction score
12
I was so tempted to hoot a SP3 a while ago, but the cost is real damn high. My need, something that light so that it is not so jialat when I carry it out on the days that I need to standby for my work. Basically I need only ssh, RDP, MS Words, Exel, Outlook and browsers.

Then I saw this:Asus EeeBook X205 $199 Windows laptop coming in November - Liliputing

It seems something suitable for my needs. Wondoering it it will be available in SG.
 

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
7,996
Reaction score
0
I was so tempted to hoot a SP3 a while ago, but the cost is real damn high. My need, something that light so that it is not so jialat when I carry it out on the days that I need to standby for my work. Basically I need only ssh, RDP, MS Words, Exel, Outlook and browsers.

Then I saw this:Asus EeeBook X205 $199 Windows laptop coming in November - Liliputing

It seems something suitable for my needs. Wondoering it it will be available in SG.

Hi,

Actually, there are already such laptops available in Singapore..

Acer Aspire ES1-111-C3NT | Lazada Singapore

Singapore price for X205 is estimated around $350-$400 region....
 

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2002
Messages
16,180
Reaction score
824
Im looking at the hp x2 10.1. Pre order now at $499. Any alternatives I should be looking at?
 

cbyen

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
739
Reaction score
0
I was so tempted to hoot a SP3 a while ago, but the cost is real damn high. My need, something that light so that it is not so jialat when I carry it out on the days that I need to standby for my work. Basically I need only ssh, RDP, MS Words, Exel, Outlook and browsers.

Then I saw this:Asus EeeBook X205 $199 Windows laptop coming in November - Liliputing

It seems something suitable for my needs. Wondoering it it will be available in SG.

I sold off my SP3 sticking back to my normal laptop. But I still need something really light to bring out for notes taking in meetings preferably something w long battery life. Asus T100 and this model is what I have shortlisted. The only part I don't like abt this model is that it's non-touch screen :( so still thinking abt it.

I check amazon is selling at 236, not 199. Anyone know how much to estimate for the shipping costs?
 
Last edited:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,502
Reaction score
12
I sold off my SP3 sticking back to my normal laptop. But I still need something really light to bring out for notes taking in meetings preferably something w long battery life. Asus T100 and this model is what I have shortlisted. The only part I don't like abt this model is that it's non-touch screen :( so still thinking abt it.

I check amazon is selling at 236, not 199. Anyone know how much to estimate for the shipping costs?

If you want touchscreen then should not consider this. It is a pure laptop. what I like about it is the size and weight.

Before BF, amazon price dropped to usd139 for a few hours, I missed it. During BF, Staples was selling at usd100, I did not know until it was over.

Now, Bestbuy is selling at usd149. Not sure if it is still 149 now.
 

cbyen

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
739
Reaction score
0
If you want touchscreen then should not consider this. It is a pure laptop. what I like about it is the size and weight.

Before BF, amazon price dropped to usd139 for a few hours, I missed it. During BF, Staples was selling at usd100, I did not know until it was over.

Now, Bestbuy is selling at usd149. Not sure if it is still 149 now.

I saw the $149 @ Bestbuy, wanted to buy duno how to buy from this site lol..
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top