BERKELEY HOTEL #13

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
i'm going to stay there for my trip next month. i still remember the construction was stopped for a few years and the building looked eerie when you look at it at night. hopefully nothing happens to me next month.

How's your stay?
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Sister went there last month. She stayed at the north wing premier triple room. she say she felt "special presence" , she feel very uncomfortable when she alone inside the room.

however, was puzzled, since is a new hotel.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Ok, Bro dede u hv a nice trip, dun forget to FR for ur Legacy Express stay.


Actually when u stay at any hotel in the world, if u hv a very bad dream that mean that the hotel is not very clean, any one got this experience ?
but harmless only a bit scary. when u sleep at home that never happen.

Legacy Express, we booked superior room and add extra bed.
Location is good, one stop to bts chiltom.
the hotel outside have 711 and dominos which is good
room is ok, 27m2, no bath tub.
one lift , 4 floors

wifi was so so only, sometimes good sometimes not
breakfast was super not good :) You have to cook your own egg sometimes, coz only 2 staff there . breakfaast area is like some construction place .
other than location, there isnt any good point I can mention about the hotel
 

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
Sister went there last month. She stayed at the north wing premier triple room. she say she felt "special presence" , she feel very uncomfortable when she alone inside the room.

however, was puzzled, since is a new hotel.
Then I better don't book this hotel since 2 people in this thread mentioned special encounters.

Was tempted to book as it's built in 2013 and I thought should be 'clean' and agoda having good promotion.

How about Glow? It's new too. Hope it's 'clean'.

Grand Diamond is old but didn't read anything 'dirty' about it. And it's cheaper than Glow.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Then I better don't book this hotel since 2 people in this thread mentioned special encounters.

Was tempted to book as it's built in 2013 and I thought should be 'clean' and agoda having good promotion.

How about Glow? It's new too. Hope it's 'clean'.

Grand Diamond is old but didn't read anything 'dirty' about it. And it's cheaper than Glow.

haha yup is new hotel,maybe one of the building is old one.
coz rmb before they built, there is one tall building there also .
same here, thought new hotel should be clean.

if i rmb correctly, you can book direct or agoda website.
very few ota have their hotel.
My sister booked at 425 for 3nites for 3 person,premier triple room.
agoda price is abt 500+
hence we decide to book direct.

so this hotel case is maybe direct price is cheaper.

glow pratunam is opened in 2011 if i rmb correctly.
deluxe is 27m2 no bath tub, review not bad.
went there before 2 years back, the room is clean .
but need change lift to go to your room.

grand diamond is opened in 1991 if i rmb correctly.
1bedroom sutie 45m2 is old.carpet with stains.
but location is super good
we went there, everything ok,depsite the building is old.

some 1bedroom is bigger than the others
becoz we went to change room, then notice some room is abt 34m2, some is really 45m2 ... those 34m2, I supsect they renovate and then use to become luxury room, which is 34m2. smaller in size ...
 

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
haha yup is new hotel,maybe one of the building is old one.
coz rmb before they built, there is one tall building there also .
same here, thought new hotel should be clean.

if i rmb correctly, you can book direct or agoda website.
very few ota have their hotel.
My sister booked at 425 for 3nites for 3 person,premier triple room.
agoda price is abt 500+
hence we decide to book direct.

so this hotel case is maybe direct price is cheaper.

glow pratunam is opened in 2011 if i rmb correctly.
deluxe is 27m2 no bath tub, review not bad.
went there before 2 years back, the room is clean .
but need change lift to go to your room.

grand diamond is opened in 1991 if i rmb correctly.
1bedroom sutie 45m2 is old.carpet with stains.
but location is super good
we went there, everything ok,depsite the building is old.

some 1bedroom is bigger than the others
becoz we went to change room, then notice some room is abt 34m2, some is really 45m2 ... those 34m2, I supsect they renovate and then use to become luxury room, which is 34m2. smaller in size ...
Dede.. I googled and it seems to me that grand diamond rooms.. Even the cheapest one.. Come with living room and kitchen? Junior suite they called it, right? Book direct is cheaper.

Btw.. For hotels that need place deposit when u check in, do u pay by credit card or cash? I worry when they deduct then refund via credit card, I may lose out on the exchange rate.
 
Last edited:

Snowblind

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Messages
694
Reaction score
1
The deposit can be held by credit card and only charged if any damage or usage of items.

Just came back from Berkeley and was staying in the main tower.

Pros-
Room was big
Toilet big
Good location

Cons-
Tv 32 inch....Very small.
Shower location got mold on the wall, damn disgusting. Hated to shower there.

No ghost or stuff encountered. We spent quite abit of time in the room and stayed up very late. If fact I was usually up till 2am.
 

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
The deposit can be held by credit card and only charged if any damage or usage of items.

Just came back from Berkeley and was staying in the main tower.

Pros-
Room was big
Toilet big
Good location

Cons-
Tv 32 inch....Very small.
Shower location got mold on the wall, damn disgusting. Hated to shower there.

No ghost or stuff encountered. We spent quite abit of time in the room and stayed up very late. If fact I was usually up till 2am.

Tks for review. I think I still won't book Berkeley as I'm quite unlucky..so might bump into "them" if they are really in the hotel. I encountered before in First Hotel lor..

I think different hotels maybe different practice. My previous hotel I overheard they deduct immediately and the refund will take 14 working days.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Tks for review. I think I still won't book Berkeley as I'm quite unlucky..so might bump into "them" if they are really in the hotel. I encountered before in First Hotel lor..

I think different hotels maybe different practice. My previous hotel I overheard they deduct immediately and the refund will take 14 working days.

first hotel lol ...got things happen before, and is big one !!!
haha berkeley so many rooms, abt 700rooms, cannot be so suay rite lol :)
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Dede.. I googled and it seems to me that grand diamond rooms.. Even the cheapest one.. Come with living room and kitchen? Junior suite they called it, right? Book direct is cheaper.

Btw.. For hotels that need place deposit when u check in, do u pay by credit card or cash? I worry when they deduct then refund via credit card, I may lose out on the exchange rate.

Grand diamond,
one bedroom suite is 45m2. that is their lowest tier liao ...
room comes with kitchn and living room, sleeping room
some big some smaller.
bigger ones is bigger space in living room and sleeping area.
shower have bath tub and sepearate standing shower
went to another one bedroom, their size is smaller.
toilet only have bath tub, no separate standing shower

please lower your expectations if u wanna stay there lol ...
coz hotel is a old one. one bedroom suite both that I went to, their carpet is with stains haha
so is a very old hotel, abt 15 years...

if you want stay the newer room, luxury room, think is abt 34m2 in size.
not sure the luxury room have kitchen or not

for hotel normally pay credit card.
they will tear off the receipt, or sometimes they will say they will cancel the deposit for you ....
 

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
Grand diamond,
one bedroom suite is 45m2. that is their lowest tier liao ...
room comes with kitchn and living room, sleeping room
some big some smaller.
bigger ones is bigger space in living room and sleeping area.
shower have bath tub and sepearate standing shower
went to another one bedroom, their size is smaller.
toilet only have bath tub, no separate standing shower

please lower your expectations if u wanna stay there lol ...
coz hotel is a old one. one bedroom suite both that I went to, their carpet is with stains haha
so is a very old hotel, abt 15 years...

if you want stay the newer room, luxury room, think is abt 34m2 in size.
not sure the luxury room have kitchen or not

for hotel normally pay credit card.
they will tear off the receipt, or sometimes they will say they will cancel the deposit for you ....

I think carpet got stains ok lah. Not very smelly can already. Since will be wearing slippers so no contact with the dirty carpet.

That time I stayed First Hotel.. Even the blankets are smelly.. Think never wash.. In the end I wear jacket to sleep and put the blanket one side.

Think will book grand diamond.. Got living room can pack food and makan there..so won't stain the bedsheet.. :)
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
I think carpet got stains ok lah. Not very smelly can already. Since will be wearing slippers so no contact with the dirty carpet.

That time I stayed First Hotel.. Even the blankets are smelly.. Think never wash.. In the end I wear jacket to sleep and put the blanket one side.

Think will book grand diamond.. Got living room can pack food and makan there..so won't stain the bedsheet.. :)

haha grand diamond have oven inside my room.
haha why u stay first hotel?
normally would google the hotel before staying./
asia hotel, baiyoke, first hotel,all inside the "special presence" hotel list haha
 

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
haha grand diamond have oven inside my room.
haha why u stay first hotel?
normally would google the hotel before staying./
asia hotel, baiyoke, first hotel,all inside the "special presence" hotel list haha

Because that was my first trip to bkk.. So I followed what my friend recommended. He said he stayed before and is very good. But my stay was disappointment. When I returned to sg.. I asked my friend why he sabo me.. He said he forgot to tell me to stay at the newer wing instead. :s22:
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Because that was my first trip to bkk.. So I followed what my friend recommended. He said he stayed before and is very good. But my stay was disappointment. When I returned to sg.. I asked my friend why he sabo me.. He said he forgot to tell me to stay at the newer wing instead. :s22:

icic haha ... found out some hotels in bangkok not clean...
have read reviews at least a few in pratunam, those older ones, ppl have review before on ota website or trip advisor that the hotel room not clean or weird presence lol :)

so is better to book newer hotels instead.
if u have time, do some research and you would be able to stay happy :) haha
 

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2013
Messages
15,005
Reaction score
50
booked this hotel for my trip next mth before i saw this thread :s22::s22::s13:
 

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
39,983
Reaction score
25
icic haha ... found out some hotels in bangkok not clean...
have read reviews at least a few in pratunam, those older ones, ppl have review before on ota website or trip advisor that the hotel room not clean or weird presence lol :)

so is better to book newer hotels instead.
if u have time, do some research and you would be able to stay happy :) haha

But grand diamond though old but so far ok right?

U see Berkeley so new also not clean leh.. I think Bangkok itself is not clean.. That's why..
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
But grand diamond though old but so far ok right?

U see Berkeley so new also not clean leh.. I think Bangkok itself is not clean.. That's why..

Haha ...
I stayed once in grand diamond ....
room is old, buidling is old. but so far everything ok haha ...

my friend stayed berkeley premier north tower, she said everything ok
my sister stayed berkeleey premier north tower, she said got "special presence" lol ...

so think is heng suay ...
yup lo few hotels in bangkok is not clean
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top